It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Abused by a Ranting Mad Man - then not taken seriously by the police when incident reported

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodNuz

Are we at the point in our society that we need to legislate body language?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

tell me how can you have an opinion about what I am feeling ?
How can you tell me what I am feeling ?

If I say to you now I feel sad or happy how can you dispute how I claim to feel,

What is wrong with you.

You cannot have an opinion about how someone feels.

You cannot tell me I like red when actually I like green,

Get over yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have to agree with Helen accusing you of being a sockpuppet.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

It already is in ours.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Monger

It already is in ours.

You say that like it's a good thing.

Do you like tyrannical and totalitarian governments telling you what you can and can't gesture?

Do you know what freedom is?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla
And furthermore, if you're right, and he threatened you, and it was a police matter.... pray tell, why did the police tell you to go home and forget about it?

Incompetent officer, busy work day, no evidence, take your pick.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

I didn't say it like it was a good thing.

I don't like being told what to do by the government.

I do know what freedom is.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Why is a lot of members picking on the OP here? Too many times I have seen this in this forum. She was only stating what happened to her and then gets stick for saying that.
Probably a lot of teenagers or little boys on here with nothing else to do.
Leave her alone, there's a word for people who pick on others, its called being a bully.
Go somewhere else and pick something better to do instead of what I have red here.

Really? She put the thread out there. I'm assuming that the OP is a grown adult and is capable of taking criticism. What you see as 'bullying,' in this instance, I see has participating in a discussion. Would you rather that nobody have an opinion that differs from your own?

For the record, I'm a 25 year old man, not a little boy, but at the same time - what does age matter? You know that your comments are extremely ageist, which you may or may not know is a form of ACTUAL bullying, not the fake bullying that you're decrying.

Honestly. If I can't participate in a thread without being called a bully for having an opinion that differs from a friend of yours, why bother at all? You do know that ATS is a discussion forum, right? And that not everybody is going to agree with everybody else in every thread. That does not equal bullying.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Monger

tell me how can you have an opinion about what I am feeling ?
How can you tell me what I am feeling ?

If I say to you now I feel sad or happy how can you dispute how I claim to feel,

What is wrong with you.

You cannot have an opinion about how someone feels.

You cannot tell me I like red when actually I like green,

Get over yourself.

He's not making an opinion on how you "Feel" -- he's making an opinion on whether or not he believes your story. He doesn't. I don't. Because it's not true, regardless, it's not an opinion on what actually happened by your own account.

By your OWN account, you were not actually threatened by the man, you felt threatened by your own fear of an angry man.

=/=

(Not equal statements.)

Two totally different things. If he actually threatened you, you wouldn't be so wrong.

More over, since he didn't actually threaten you, and you keep telling everyone he did, even though you "felt" threatened, you misleading the people reading the thread into thinking he actually threatened you is dishonest, disingenuous, wrong, and out and out a bold face lie. You are actively trying to perpetuate the notion that he threatened you to make the point that it should be dealt with by the police. Knowing that he didn't threaten you. Failing to cite what he said as a threat.

This makes you a liar. You know the statement, a liar is a liar is a liar, is always a liar, lends credence to the fact that your account is not accurate.

In fact, your account is not accurate at all, since you keep saying he threatened you when he didn't.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Frankly, who are you to tell me what I can and cannot have an opinion on? My opinions are my own, not yours to dictate. You are not the arbiter of my opinions.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join