It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could live anywhere in the world......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
.....in the blink of an eye, where would you choose to live and why?

(I'm eyeballing iceland right now, so beautiful.... but the food, well scares me. At least according to this show I'm watching about eating rotted sharks!)
edit on 22-2-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
clean green New Zealand,
very laid back culture with good food clean water and a mild climate.

defiantly good for bringing up children and for sports and recreation.

and the people are friendly too

ps i live here so i know its good

xploder

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Switzerland in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to buy the Chateau de Chillon if they would sell it to me

ETA Reasons...

Spectacular scenery and the girls all have those continental hairy pits.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Knobby because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Had though of Iceland myself, even the mrs likes the idea when all things are considered ..................but then she saw the average temps..................that was the end of that idea
, bloody thin blood from her grandmother ........apparently

But then theirs Australia, nice place, nice people, speak in the common tongue, nice weather .......but not sure I'm too happy with the political direction of late ..............and then there's the mrs again .............with spiders that could eat your dog.....................trying to balance that out with the koalas though

New Zealand for similar reasons

Russia's looking not too shabby at the moment ( lol the wife's watching me type this and just jumped in with "too cold" )

And then some other Eastern European countries ......very beautiful and a simpler life ........one you get used to a lack of basic commodities or become accustomed to sourcing them, and the other more obvious negatives

Germany .........clean, friendly, efficient, simpler in the east as its still quite run down after the fall of the wall, but I'm sure I don't need to list the negatives such as the political climate

Considered Northern Europe ( Switzerland/Norway ) beautiful place, nice people, but again a few political reasons against that choice

South Africa a possible

And Ecuador/Venezuela in the not too distant future.........places that are on the up ......... Despite what western govs say

AFGHANISTAN !
But that's probably just a bit of Stockholm syndrome

But really .............I love that damn place

But if it could be anywhere ...........................I think we need a new nation state, as to be perfectly honest there's nowhere that is out of the clutches or line of fire of TPTB

A new nation for that those who wish to be free from oppression, tyranny, or just some bunch of old dudes agenda of control, power and subversion

Something like the principles the US was based on - but executed better

Meh I can dream

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would definitely live at the shore of Mozambique. Or at off-shore Tanzania in Zanzibar. What I'm interested is the good will and communality of the people. Warm climate and ocean is also profit. Actually anywhere off U.S. and E.U. would be better. Africa has the truest people in the world I know. Maybe it's because for centuries all they've had is each other while other countries just ripped them off.

Sorry if this sounds political, but it's that they have their feet on the ground.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i like to live in Croatia,
Where im right now.

Specially in some not so much distant part of civilisation,
near sea somewhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

FRANCE! I have always wanted to live in France since I was little.

I'm 34 and would still move to France in a heart beat if I was able to.

I don't know why but i've been drawn to France my entire life. I love the way of life, the food, the architecture, fashion, scenery and so on.

I'd like to live in a little place called Nievre, which is south of Paris. I found a Chateaux there yrs ago that again I was highly drawn to. It's a small town but exactly what i want.

Oh one day I hope I can move there and stay.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Anywhere in North America that is in the mountains that is a billion kajillion miles away from anyone else, but is within a days walk of an Ocean. and my house would look like this!

new topics

join