It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever seen English children television

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't live in England, but I can receive satellite television from you.
For research, I even purchased the full sky tv package so I could watch everything you have access to.

Why? Well, England is pretty much the melting pot of A LOT of different nationalities, and I foresee that the EU will follow along the same path in the future.

I pretty much ended up watching the children programs, because, Whoa that stuff is just pure propaganda!

It's all about CO2, Accepting people from different races, and handicapped people.

Now I can agree on the last one, but seriously, why the hell can't a simple program for children aged maybe 1-5 not be just about, oh you know, things that are for children, do you not see the heavy load of political propaganda that is being force fed to the members of your future voters; who absolutely will accept everything as fact and is yet to develop a sense of critical thought..

I don't care how politically correct the message is, but this is just disgusting!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid
It's all about CO2, Accepting people from different races, and handicapped people.

Got an example you wish to present here?
I see no problem with media discouraging racism, but if you do I'd be glad to hear your reasons.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
not sure which is worse the fact that it's true or that you are surprised to find hare core indoctrination being
drilled in to our kids

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Due to living in the UK, it would be nice if you could add an example, then maybe I could get a better idea of where you are coming from in relation to the TV programmes you mentioned in your opening post...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

Hi OP, can you link us some clips of the example that youre talking about? I don't see nothing wrong with teaching children about tolerance because the world needs some tolerance, ethics and the works.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i remember when english childrens TV produced gems such as this -

- nowadays it seems repetition, noise and garish lights/colours have replaced the simpler virtues of storytelling.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What are your thoughts about TV for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland? Are they acceptable, or did you mean the UK generally and not just England?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Because, you know...teaching kids to not pollute, be racist, and tollerant of handicapped people is just plane wrong, right?

They cover the same messages with children's TV here in the USA.

Although, when I was growing up Sesame Street did do that one clip about "one of these things is not like the other" -- HMMM racism being programmed into our youth?!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that there is porpaganda aimed at our young but like you all, I want examples. Not all, by far of this is damaging to the point of some examples I'd give. Farting, burping, being generally rude and downright ignorant can be added to the list: one example, any episode of "Dick & Dom in da Bungalow" should read" Thick & Dumb" should prove my point. They received so many complaints it went off air for a while and now they've brought them back through the back door. Teletubbies and the Tweenies are some of the others. "The Bobbynogs" got taken off for having a racist title so I hear. I think it was, actually. Others which promote disobediance and disrespect are numerous: Grange Hill, Tracey Beaker and many more are just so obvious examples. I'm not sure what perhaps and seemingly sordid point the OP might be trying to make though.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Alien44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Well I think most of the channels are just the same except for the commercials...ITV must be for Ireland?...havn't watched the channels that speak Welsh, I cannot understand that language.

Honestly, it's your local stuff, you should know what I'm talking about, I haven't recorded everything I've seen, but I'll be happy to dig for it, if that will make the discussion somewhat to the point.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You don't like Rasta Mouse ?

Most of what I've seen, which is very little seems to promote good messages, pepper pig seems pretty inoffensive.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Well I think most of the channels are just the same except for the commercials...ITV must be for Ireland?...havn't watched the channels that speak Welsh, I cannot understand that language.

Honestly, it's your local stuff, you should know what I'm talking about, I haven't recorded everything I've seen, but I'll be happy to dig for it, if that will make the discussion somewhat to the point.

ITV = Independent Television, Apple actually tried to buy their .com but were refused.
Specific examples are always helpful when making any claims in a new thread, so far yours are general and do not draw me into believing that UK kids telesvision is anymore sinister and brainwashing than any other country.
It is good that you and others know England is not the UK.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Only the BBC do that - they are a state owned propaganda machine - like ' Pravda' - the state 'truth' channel like 1984 george Orwell.

Everyone in England knows this about the BBC

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My friends,

Children from a very early age are conditioned into violence, just take Tom and Jerry or Road Runner for example, beating the bajesus out of each other. Watership Down is another example of blood, sadness, negativity and violence. No child should have to experience these emotions, they should be free and feeling love, respect, honour, dignity, pride and service to others. I always felt sorry for Tom

The conditioning is heartbreaking on our future generations.

Be safe be well, love and loved

Spiro

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Now I can agree on the last one, but seriously, why the hell can't a simple program for children aged maybe 1-5 not be just about, oh you know, things that are for children, do you not see the heavy load of political propaganda that is being force fed to the members of your future voters; who absolutely will accept everything as fact and is yet to develop a sense of critical thought..

There is a good reason for the amount of propaganda in children's TV and this quote I think sums it up.

“Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man” –Francis Xavier

Francis Xavier, born Francisco de Jasso y Azpilicueta was a Roman Catholic missionary born in the Kingdom of Navarre and co-founder of the Society of Jesus.

Think of a child as being like a new laptop that you have just purchased, with an operating system but no programs loaded. The programs that are loaded onto the laptop will determine what can be achieved and how the laptop will behave as such.

Macca's are the perfect example with there 'Happy Meal ®'. If you have been indoctrinated from a young age it is more than likely that you will continue to use their products into Adulthood.

Govern-men-ts are no different.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friends,

Children from a very early age are conditioned into violence, just take Tom and Jerry or Road Runner for example, beating the bajesus out of each other. Watership Down is another example of blood, sadness, negativity and violence. No child should have to experience these emotions, they should be free and feeling love, respect, honour, dignity, pride and service to others. I always felt sorry for Tom

The conditioning is heartbreaking on our future generations.

Be safe be well, love and loved

Spiro

Watership down is a tale of love and bravery and family and friendship and love. It is the men who come in blind to the beauty and destroy their homes. Pretty true story,

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes OP, because clearly Peppa Pig is part of the grand plans of the NWO’s propaganda machine, how dare they promote environmental responsibility and ethnic diversity amongst our children with such a cute little pig.

But Seriously….

Is this the level that conspiracy theorist paranoia has reached, now even children’s TV has to be part of this grand yet fictitious conspiracy theory so many of you ignorantly buy into.

You all wonder why conspiracy theories get a bad name, this thread is the answer.

Or am I only be saying this because the Teletubbies brainwashed me to say it…

edit on 22-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Yeah, when I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was the BBC I watched the programs on. Well we got the same thing here, it's called DR.DK, they import pretty much everything the BBC broadcasts

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well I think most of the channels are just the same except for the commercials...ITV must be for Ireland?...

I love that you have created a thread about UK television yet know nothing about it, its really funny for a Brit to read this, that comment is a bit like saying CNN is just for Utah

.havn't watched the channels that speak Welsh, I cannot understand that language.

Don’t worry your little cotton socks about that, the welsh don’t understand that language themselves.

Honestly, it's your local stuff, you should know what I'm talking about

Well I don’t know what your talking about, to me it sounds like your trying to tell us that Bob the Builder is in cahoots with the Rothchilds or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join