It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Victory! Federal Court again slaps down Ill. handgun ban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

Why don't the people in southern Illinois do something about the people in Chicago? it's not rocket science. How long is the militias going to stand down?

Good question. Some have tried to rally public support for a separation of Northern and Southern Illinois to no avail. Personally, I'd like to see it happen. Illinois is a very divided state.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
These court ruling are the reason that Obama and friends are going after guns. Get laws banning types of guns and give the public 90 days to turn in these guns. By the time the courts rule on the bans many would have had no chose but to turn in the guns.
They still get the guns from the public even though the law was over turned years later.

They could also ban the manufacturer and sale of these guns so that the public could not replace them.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
These court ruling are the reason that Obama and friends are going after guns. Get laws banning types of guns and give the public 90 days to turn in these guns. By the time the courts rule on the bans many would have had no chose but to turn in the guns.
They still get the guns from the public even though the law was over turned years later.

They could also ban the manufacturer and sale of these guns so that the public could not replace them.

Not really on topic as this has to do with a legal petition to review a case already heard. I understand your point but with the heightened sense of the public versus such legislation, most will be met with an immediate stay, resulting in nothing until it is either remanded or upheld.

Take for instance Colorado's attempt at limiting magazine limits. It will only take a sound legal argument to put that law on ice until it is scrutinized by the courts to actually go into effect; if so be Colorado's citizens or businesses wish.

It takes courageous and sound people to fight against legislation that violates the Peoples' rights. Bond (9/10th Amendment case), McDonald and Heller (2nd Amendment cases) all stood up to say "this isn't right" and they won.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by TriForce
The state of Illinois gets a bad rap because of Chicago

True. Illinois is one of the worst states in the country because of Chicago. In the southern part of the state where I live. It's a vastly different world. We all wish Chicago would leave, and become its own state.

I'm extremely happy the courts have once again struck a blow to the Springfield Scumbags, and am looking forward to my CC permit in the near future. As a native of the chicago suburbs, I hate the Chicago politicians as much as the downstate politicians, but I would welcome us in the chicago metro becoming our own state, so that we no longer have to financially support the entire state with our tax revenue. I say let the rest of the state sink, we've been keeping it afloat for far too long.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Have we ever had a gun ban where people are required to turn in their guns? Not being a smart(glutes), I really don't know. I had thought that every gun ban we've had grandfathered in guns purchased before the ban.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I'm extremely happy the courts have once again struck a blow to the Springfield Scumbags, and am looking forward to my CC permit in the near future. As a native of the chicago suburbs, I hate the Chicago politicians as much as the downstate politicians, but I would welcome us in the chicago metro becoming our own state, so that we no longer have to financially support the entire state with our tax revenue. I say let the rest of the state sink, we've been keeping it afloat for far too long.

Although I see the dig here. I'm not so sure I disagree with you. A swift kick in the seat of the pants may be just what my area of the state needs to come out of some of their complacency. If it takes losing a bit of state level tax funding to do that, maybe it's a good thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I would love to see a CC law in Illinois, but I see a very complicated process being designed to thwart folks like me and you. First, they will say, "Prove you need one". That in and of itself will be hard to do. Do you have a high risk profession, where your life is in danger or have a high risk of being robbed, on a daily basis? Then the paper work starts. Background checks, mental health evaluation, training courses and God knows what else. Then IF all that goes through, there's the fee for it all. We could be talking $1000's of dollars, that the average person just doesn't have to spend on something like that. [Being too busy putting food on the table and a roof over their head] The anti gun crowd in Springfield are going to make it as difficult as possible.
One more idea: They could require anyone with a CC to have liability insurance, against wrongful death suits.
Try gettin' Allstate to write a policy for that.
edit on 24-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by cantyousee

Why don't the people in southern Illinois do something about the people in Chicago? it's not rocket science. How long is the militias going to stand down?

Good question. Some have tried to rally public support for a separation of Northern and Southern Illinois to no avail. Personally, I'd like to see it happen. Illinois is a very divided state.

The big cities are what cause strict gun control for those respective states; this is true in nyc, chicago, la.

What I don't get is why not have lax laws for counties that are not part of the city, and stricter laws for counties that are part of the city. From what I understand the county(or even town) can have its own controls, then the state and the federal government. Actually the federal government should not get involved at all because of the second amendment clause(even the background checks are technically illegal).

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What I don't get is why not have lax laws for counties that are not part of the city, and stricter laws for counties that are part of the city. From what I understand the county(or even town) can have its own controls, then the state and the federal government. Actually the federal government should not get involved at all because of the second amendment clause(even the background checks are technically illegal).

All good points.

In my opinion, the 2nd amendment means just what it says, and there should be NO laws concerning ownership and carry of firearms whatsoever, anywhere in the U.S. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join