It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Victory! Federal Court again slaps down Ill. handgun ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A federal court on Friday delivered a major victory to gun rights supporters, denying a petition to rehear a December ruling that declared an Illinois law prohibiting people from carrying concealed handguns in public unconstitutional.

“There is no suggestion that some unique characteristic of criminal activity in Illinois justifies the state’s taking a different approach from the other 49 states,” Judge Richard A. Posner wrote in the opinion upheld Friday. “If the Illinois approach were demonstrably superior, one would expect at least one or two other states to have emulated it.”

Chris W. Cox, the National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist, said the decision is a major victory for the Second Amendment.

www.washingtontimes.com...

And in Chicagoland too, if you know what I mean.
Wahaha.

NY, read 'em and weep!

So after DC v. Heller, and now this, it is clear that at least some elements of sanity still reside in isolated pockets of the federal government. But how long before the gun grabbers start going after limiting bullet calibers?

The shoot for the stars, but settle for the moon strategy by the gun grabbers remains all too obvious. And we MUST not let them get their spaceship even off the launching pad. BEWARE. ALWAYS.
edit on Fri Feb 22nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The state of Illinois gets a bad rap because of Chicago

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is good news indeed!
OOOORAH!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

i would be happy for this, but there is no reason to be happy. No matter how many laws are passed people will still carry guns when they feel they need to. its the way of the world. i believe that these laws, and all the hype is for show. The empire is trying to provoke us with this and nothing more. if we bite it gives them the chance to make a move, with all the bullets and training that the feds are paying for, it is clear that are trying to provoke a rebellion. why? im not sure.

i hope they never disarm us, it will be our end. if it was up to me all guns, missels and bombs would be abolished from the president down to the common gangster. then we could all carry swords. to deal death with a sword is far more difficult than pointing a advanced machine at someone. The president to the common gangster would think twice about murder.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

True. Illinois is one of the worst states in the country because of Chicago. In the southern part of the state where I live. It's a vastly different world. We all wish Chicago would leave, and become its own state.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Awesome post thanks for the update as I live in Chicago and can't wait for this bill to pass in June~

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Good news nice to hear for a change. It must really chap their ass. and to the comment about NYC, I wouldn't hold my breath, the vast majority down there like to be controlled like slaves. Don't be surprised to see Bloombum go another year and bend some more laws. But
Great job.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

A federal court on Friday delivered a major victory to gun rights supporters, denying a petition to rehear a December ruling that declared an Illinois law prohibiting people from carrying concealed handguns in public unconstitutional.

“There is no suggestion that some unique characteristic of criminal activity in Illinois justifies the state’s taking a different approach from the other 49 states,” Judge Richard A. Posner wrote in the opinion upheld Friday. “If the Illinois approach were demonstrably superior, one would expect at least one or two other states to have emulated it.”

Chris W. Cox, the National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist, said the decision is a major victory for the Second Amendment.

www.washingtontimes.com...

And in Chicagoland too, if you know what I mean.
Wahaha.

NY, read 'em and weep!

So after DC v. Heller, and now this, it is clear that at least some elements of sanity still reside in isolated pockets of the federal government. But how long before the gun grabbers start going after limiting bullet calibers?

The shoot for the stars, but settle for the moon strategy by the gun grabbers remains all too obvious. And we MUST not let them get their spaceship even off the launching pad. BEWARE. ALWAYS.
edit on Fri Feb 22nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

If the Illinois law was "demonstrably superior" would Chicago not be a city free of gun crimes?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
well that is great,.
problem is,.. no one will be able to get ammo now
as I have recently read that Mr Sorros, the billionaire investor..
Owns one of the nations largest ammunition companies and is only
selling to the government,. And the other large company ATK has been ordered
by the federal government to curtail sales to the government ONLY..
Good luck trying to get ammo,.. I have already seen the shortages at local suppliers
People are even finding it hard to get 22LR..

Primers, casings,and powder are also scarce.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

The only way to find ammo is to show up at your local retailer every morning first thing, be one of the first customers in the door. Do that every morning till your lucky, which isn't often but gives you your best chance.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I don't think this country will EVER be totally free from gun crimes. But it makes no sense taking all the guns from good hands, leaving them only left in the hands of criminals. This country was founded by guns and cannons at the utter bravery of those who had enough of tyranny. And it is hypocritical to no end for anyone to:

1) deny that
2) wish for them to be removed, because that's not who we are
3) expect all of us to trust blindly in government when they are already taxing us at THREE TIMES the rate of the original tyrants!

And point #3 is probably what irks me the most.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Regarding George Soros involvement in ammunition companies. this is from the illinois state rifle association

Recently (4Q 2011) several members have forwarded an e-mail to ISRA that they received regarding gun control financiers, specifically George Soros, attempting to gain control of the majority of the firearms and ammunition industry in the US with the ultimate result to shutting them all down. The emails typically go something like this:

For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been
buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are
Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.
Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States.

If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned
by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls
Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the most evil men on this
planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out.

Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.

Here are the facts:
Freedom Group owns a large number of firearm and ammo manufacturers. This is TRUE.

Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus. This is also TRUE.

Soros owns Cerberus. FALSE or at least highly improbable and unable to be confirmed.
This ‘warning’ started as e-mail forwards in late 2009/early 2010 when Freedom Group attempted to go public with stock and they bought up Barnes Bullets.
Cerberus was started and is owned by Stephen Feinberg. No reputable sources we have found (ie Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, etc. ) list Soros in any way connected to Cerberus. Most locations for this are online message boards or blogs that copy/paste the same or similar 'warnings' like the one above. Occasionally 'Soros & Feinberg' wording is added to them to give the alert some semblance of credibility.

So while Soros IS a gun grabber through funding such organizations as IANSA and Media Matters, it's not through Cerberus or Freedom Group.

The people who forward these and similar emails are alarmed, naturally, and well intentioned.

Further more, illinois does not get a bad rap because of chicago, it is because of all the dumb f&*!k lefties who vote in the worthless politicians that illinois has. not to mention all the dirtbags in the city of chicago that are on the government cheese...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I will say, at least they went the right path, they sought recourse to McDonald v. Chicago and the ensuing Supreme Court case/opinion. Given that, they had an extremely uphill battle and obviously didn't learn from the Supreme Court case (in those opinions, the Justices typically point out failed logic and legal reasoning) and were denied petition.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
If the Illinois law was "demonstrably superior" would Chicago not be a city free of gun crimes?

The opinion of the judge put plainly. Good job and that is exactly the question the panel posed. If Illinois's law was in fact, the model of the nation, other States would have adopted similar measures. They haven't and to base the case on that (as did the petitioners) was silly and plain illogical.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Great news. I live in Missouri, so if this went the other way, it may have some influence on my state since Missouri of course borders Illinois.

Plus it's Obama's home state. Which makes it an even bigger slap in the face. Bravo Illinois!

edit on 23-2-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well what ive seen and heard is ammo is Very Very scarce right now.
No point in debating what Soros owns,. the fact is, what they are doing is
creating the shortage.

However,. even before the CT shootings the DHS was buying up lots of "KIlling" ammo
Why?? part of this current plan? or a preparation..
edit on 23-2-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by theNthpower

One way to battle the traitorious wrongly named Freedom Group which has been buying up gun and ammo firms with the intention to shut them down is to use existing MONOPOLY laws to hang them all.

Secondly, bullets trade is not a crime in America. If american gun companies refuses to stock up or sell bullets, one can order from overseas. 300 million guns in america, and that's a HUGE trade and benefit and revenues for the nation, but if the state leaders are stupid enough to ban guns which WILL NOT solve the violence problem but pepertrate tyranny by rulers and intimidation by criminals and the insane, it is their loss and utter constitutional and economic stupidity.

edit on 23-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

i hope they never disarm us, it will be our end.

Food for thought here...

Maybe our ‘end’ will be that they ‘allow’ us to keep our guns.

As long as we have our guns - who cares they (can) kill switch the internet! Who cares there’re ‘smart’ machine in our home the government can turn on and off at will. We won’t care when we’re forced to get bio-identification cards ‘cause we have our guns! And really, is it soooo bad we’re FORCED to inoculate our teens against cervical cancer even when they’re boys? Nawwwww, they’ll grow up manly men with their guns. Constitution Free Zones? Not near my guns they’re not.

See what I mean - and there are thousands of other examples of what we ALREADY HAVE LOST - but we’ve been ‘allowed’ to keep our guns.

Maybe if ‘they’ did try to take our guns - we’d stand up and do something about all the other crap.

But I doubt it.

peace

edit on 23-2-2013 by silo13 because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
can anyone explain to me how this was a handgun ban ?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by TriForce

True. Illinois is one of the worst states in the country because of Chicago. In the southern part of the state where I live. It's a vastly different world. We all wish Chicago would leave, and become its own state.

Why don't the people in southern Illinois do something about the people in Chicago? it's not rocket science.
How long is the militias going to stand down?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join