It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips on how to avoid Drone Strikes/Why is the media showing the public?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
First off, let me apologize for bringing yet another drone thead into existence; I only thought it appropriate since lately there has been an uneasiness about the matter and it continues to linger. I searched to see if the matter was covered already and only found How to avoid being detected by Helicopters, but if it has been covered then MODS please, by all means, close this thread.

At work today I realized that on every news site I went to there is a story about a tipsheet, apparently created by Al-Quida (if you consider them real or not), on how to avoid detection and how to decieve drones.

The instruction to camouflage cars is one of 22 tips on how to avoid drones, listed on a document left behind by the Islamic extremists as they fled northern Mali from a French military intervention last month. A Xeroxed copy of the document, which was first published on a jihadist forum two years ago, was found by The Associated Press in a manila envelope on the floor of a building here occupied by al-Qaida of the Islamic Maghreb.

YAHOO

The tipsheet reflects how Al Qaeda's chapter in North Africa anticipated a military intervention that would make use of drones, as the battleground in the war on terror worldwide is shifting from boots on the ground to unmanned planes in the air. The presence of the document in Mali, first authored by a Yemeni, also shows the coordination between Al Qaeda chapters, which security experts have called a source of increasing concern.

FOX NEWS

While some of the tips are outdated or far-fetched, taken together, they suggest the Islamists in Mali are responding to the threat of drones with sound, common-sense advice that may help them to melt into the desert in between attacks, leaving barely a trace.

Daily Mail

The tips in the document range from the broad (No. 7, hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night) to the specific (No 18, formation of fake gatherings, for example by using dolls and statues placed outside false ditches to mislead the enemy.) The use of the mats appears to be a West African twist on No. 3, which advises camouflaging the tops of cars and the roofs of buildings, possibly by spreading reflective glass.

Washington Post

The list continues.

Now being the curious type and certainly wanting to be a survivor in the times of chaos I searched for the list and found it. However, I am not sure if it is the actual list or not (seeing how the media is notorious for changing information), please if someone has one that differs feel free to post it.

1 – It is possible to know the intention and the mission of the drone by using the Russianmade "sky grabber" device to infiltrate the drone's waves and the frequencies. The device is available in the market for $2,595 and the one who operates it should be a computerknow-how.

2 – Using devices that broadcast frequencies or pack of frequencies to disconnect the contacts and confuse the frequencies used to control the drone. The Mujahideen have had successful experiments using the Russian-made "Racal."

3 – Spreading the reflective pieces of glass on a car or on the roof of the building.

4 – Placing a group of skilled snipers to hunt the drone, especially the reconnaissance ones because they fly low, about six kilometers or less.

5 – Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using the ordinary water-lifting dynamo fitted with a 30-meter copper pole.

6 – Jamming of and confusing of electronic communication using old equipment and keeping them 24 hour running because of their strong frequencies and it is possible using simple ideas of deception of equipment to attract the electronic waves devices similar to that used by the Yugoslav army when they used the microwave (oven) in attracting and confusing the NATO missiles fitted with electromagnetic searching devices.

7 – Using general confusion methods and not to use permanent headquarters.

8 – Discovering the presence of a drone through well-placed reconnaissance networks and to warn all the formations to halt any movement in the area.

9 – To hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night.

10 – To hide under thick trees because they are the best cover against the planes.

11 – To stay in places unlit by the sun such as the shadows of the buildings or the trees.

12 – Maintain complete silence of all wireless contacts.

13 – Disembark of vehicles and keep away from them especially when being chased or
during combat.

14 – To deceive the drone by entering places of multiple entrances and exits.

15 – Using underground shelters because the missiles fired by these planes are usually of
the fragmented anti-personnel and not anti-buildings type.

16 – To avoid gathering in open areas and in urgent cases, use building of multiple doors or exits.

17 – Forming anti-spies groups to look for spies and agents.

18 – Formation of fake gatherings such as using dolls and statutes to be placed outside
false ditches to mislead the enemy.

19 – When discovering that a drone is after a car, leave the car immediately and everyone should go in different direction because the planes are unable to get after everyone.

20 – Using natural barricades like forests and caves when there is an urgent need for training or gathering.

21 – In frequently targeted areas, use smoke as cover by burning tires.

22 – As for the leaders or those sought after, they should not use communications equipment because the enemy usually keeps a voice tag through which they can identify the speaking person and then locate him.

Gawker

Now all of these sites claim that the subject is aimed towards Mali and how al-quida is using these suggestions for the struggles there and some do seem to be very "out-dated" and "far fetched". However, I find it rather strange that it is being harped on so much, especially in the USA, as if they want the population to know them as well.

With all this talk and protest about the Government's obvious shift in power-abuse, the gun bans, Obama's asking of troops to fire upon US civilians, again all the drone talk, etc. I want to bring up the question of Why is this information being revealed to the public here in the USA? In any place for that matter.

Thoughts please, and please be polite.

Thank you for your time.

-E
edit on 22-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have you done something to warrant being on a drone strike list? If not this list is as useful as a "tips to avoid the Road Runner using acme technology on you"

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I have not, I was just curious on why they are releasing it to the public here in the states. At the rate our Gov is going I could suspect that becoming a "target" may become involuntary.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Probably pushed by faux news and the likes to further scare America into submission.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Very interesting and no doubt the US will change their tactics to counter these measures. How long before we see drones hunting "in packs" and a suite of tactics to go with this.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

True, what ever it may be it seems someone is trying to hint of something for future references.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

What concerned me the most is the fact that it is being presented on the news. Since it had to do with "Al-Quida" and whatnot I would think this information to be a little more protected. As I have said in my last response it seems as though they are hinting of something.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hasn't this already been posted ?

Sorry I noticed the other one was asked to be deleted, starting to have enough of drone threads (nothing against the OP)

Best way to avoid a drone? Stop being paranoid and enjoy life

edit on 22-2-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I posted it in the wrong forum and took the liberty of moving it myself. In the old forum I erased all the information.

Mods again forgive me for doing that.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Best way to avoid a drone? Stop being paranoid and enjoy life

I appreciate your advice, but the reason for posting it was not for extra tips, rather why does it even need to be put onto our news sources here in the US. As bknapple32 stated perhaps it is another tactic to throw the people into submission.

What do you suspect?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you want to take down a drone use optics or electro magnetics. Given most drones are deployed in the desert it would be easy enough to make a bunch of parabolic glass mirrors that could be used to raise the temperature of a drone up to 5000 degrees on a select part; say one of the 80 lenses. Here go check out this link (inhabitat.com...). The Russian military is considering building more ground based lasers to take down satellites; a drone is much closer than a satellite.

If you've ever looked up Islam on wikipedia you would know that one of the prophet Muhammad's few but biggest miracle was the splitting of the moon. It is suggested to have been the first laser marring the surface of the moon. If someone could please tell me the first official earth based laser to hit the moon I would love to know; I'm guessing it would have been a Russian scientist.

A rocket propelled chaff grenade should disable the electronics on a drone. Of course a much larger electro magnetic field could be made by detonating a nuclear weapon which is unfortunately a device that becomes more desirable to deploy the more electronics are being used as weapons. I suppose controlling the weather to lightning strike a drone could work like in operation Popeye; however most deserts don't have the water to waste as a weapon. It would be much easier to avoid drones in a jungle than a desert.

I would suggest finding out whether that drone is carrying disaster relief supplies for dying civilians before taking it down though; Britain's lead science advisor is working on a domestic drone program for disaster relief. Tesla imagined these things carrying particle beam weapons forming an aerial defense wall against missiles. Remember that drone is just a euphemism for robot, the way PTSD is effectively shell shock. These things aren't new; we just make up new words like an advertising branch of a soda company.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DiogenestheWanker

Again thank you for the advice, but I was more interested on your views of why our media is showing it to the public.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Have you done something to warrant being on a drone strike list? If not this list is as useful as a "tips to avoid the Road Runner using acme technology on you"

Fourth amendment.

Privacy.

Ya know, that's why.

I'm not an animal, I don't live in a zoo. Nor do I have plans to.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Read the "tips." Most of them are stupid. If you follow those tips, you die. I think they were released more for the entertainment value than anything else. If this is the true state of Al Quaida preservation information, they're doomed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Tips on how to avoid Drone Strikes/Why is the media showing the public?

Could it be that because contrary to what the paranoid masses of ATS believe, the Media is not controlled by the evil NWO but is actually independent from government?

Wow how wired would that be eh?

If the Media did exist as a industry that reported on anything that was seen to be in the public interest rather than in the interest of government, you know like reporting on ways to avoid a drone or publishing the Wikileaks documents and so on.

edit on 22-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Read the "tips." Most of them are stupid. If you follow those tips, you die. I think they were released more for the entertainment value than anything else. If this is the true state of Al Quaida preservation information, they're doomed.

They are rather "stupid" and yes you would die during an encounter. This is why I raise the question why they covered it, perhaps for entertaiment, but also for those who read the news like bibles to look back at these tips in the case drones do take flight here in the US monitoring or destroying. Wouldn't you, as a power, want your new "targets" to make the mistake in following these steps in order to successfully complete the mission?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

Originally posted by schuyler

They are rather "stupid" and yes you would die during an encounter. This is why I raise the question why they covered it, perhaps for entertaiment, but also for those who read the news like bibles to look back at these tips in the case drones do take flight here in the US monitoring or destroying. Wouldn't you, as a power, want your new "targets" to make the mistake in following these steps in order to successfully complete the mission?

Who reads the news "like bibles"? I would bet that after reading those tips most people would not be able to repeat them,. Oh, yeah. I'm supposed to buy a $2500 thingamajig from Russia that will magically neutralize a drone, and, umm, oh, yeah, if I suspect a drone I'm supposed to run away from the car I'm riding in, and, um, use multiple exits to a building. The more technical tips are so vague no one could possibly read them and formulate a defense. The information is simply not there. They're generic. And the language translation is laughable, which provides the entertainment.

What I think REALLY happened here is that the tips were found and published with no government intervention and no conspiracy. Most people won't get past the headline and of those who do, no one will take them seriously enough to memorize them. Like most "news," this is a passing fancy that will be forgotten in 48 hours.

new topics

top topics

join