It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 2013-02-21

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Moon 2013-02-21, Telecopes used MTO11CA and Celestron Nexstar 11" , Camera Canon 550D. Enjoy

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Excellent clip. Just imagine what NASA has to monitor the Moon where they can monitor in real time and possibly even show the moon landing sites with the equipment if they wanted to

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks hp1229

Yes they could do it for the public... weird isn't it

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nice work! I want an upgrade to my Celestron 5" and get a 60D LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Excellent clip. Just imagine what NASA has to monitor the Moon where they can monitor in real time and possibly even show the moon landing sites with the equipment if they wanted to

Not real time but the best you can get LRO React quick map images of the moon surface at 50cm/pixel and some as good as 26cm/pixel, if you are not sure how to use it look here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosb33r
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks hp1229

Tut tut I thought someone with your knowledge would know better just shows you!!!

Even the Hubble can only resolve objects about 300 ft across at the distance of the Moon, maybe you don't know as much about optics as others might think from your videos

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
is it me or is the moon taking a lot of meteor hits for us?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by hp1229

Thanks hp1229

Tut tut I thought someone with your knowledge would know better just shows you!!!

Even the Hubble can only resolve objects about 300 ft across at the distance of the Moon, maybe you don't know as much about optics as others might think from your videos

The response from Bosb33 was about a question of real time monitoring, not only resolution.
edit on 22-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The response from Bosb33 was about a question of real time monitoring, not only resolution.

Why do we need NASA for that? Thousands of amateur astronomers with very good equipment observe the Moon regularly. NASA monitors the Moon with the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter: lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

From Earth, you won't see anything new happening, unless there's a big meteor impact. So, a video of the Moon that was filmed a year ago shows it as it pretty much is right now.

LRO images; lroc.sese.asu.edu...
Apollo sites seen by LRO: www.nasa.gov...
featured-sites.lroc.asu.edu...

edit on 23-2-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So what exactly is that at 4:30 , looks kinda funky to me....

2 nd line

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by hp1229

Thanks hp1229

I'm not an expert and dont know a lot about many things in life and I'm sure there's a lot to learn and know about the hubble and space bound telescopes in general but I'm always puzzled that images hundreds or thousands of light years away are captured by the telescopes up in the heavens but we have yet to see clear cut images of the moon down to the rock from them. I mean there are many countries that have satellites up in space that can pin point the license plate on a vehicle from space.
edit on 26-2-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I'm not an expert and dont know a lot about many things in life and I'm sure there's a lot to learn and know about the hubble and space bound telescopes in general but I'm always puzzled that images hundreds or thousands of light years away are captured by the telescopes up in the heavens but we have yet to see clear cut images of the moon down to the rock from them. I mean there are many countries that have satellites up in space that can pin point the license plate on a vehicle from space.

Wrong they cant read plates or newspaper headlines!!

more info here Satellite Resolution

You can google about optics here is a link Telescope Resolution

Don't believe the hype to many people on here think CSI is a documentary!!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

As wmd_2008 said, it comes down to a telescope's resolution ability.

That ability is very dependent upon the optics of the telescope, of which, most high resolution telescopes use a primary mirror and it's diameter directly determines it's resolution.

The other factors involved are: Size of the object you're looking at and the Distance to the object.

Hubble can give us the amazing details that we see of a far away nebula because of the size of the nebula. The nebula might be many light years away....but it's size is also measured in light years.

For example: Hubble can show you a galaxy in amazing detail......but it's not going to be able to show you any nebula in that galaxy in the same detail because they are much smaller than the galaxy itself (and further away).

The LROC in orbit around our moon gives us outstanding resolution....but that is because it's very close, right over head of the moon's surface. That means it can show you a boulder that is only a few meters in diameter.
But Hubble, while it has a large primary mirror, is a quarter of a million miles away from that same boulder an it simply can't resolve detail that small.

In order to have the same resolution power as the LROC, Hubble or a telescope here on Earth would have to have a primary mirror bigger than a whole football field!

So keep that in mind: Hubble sees things in detail that are much farther away than our moon....but those things it is showing you are much, much bigger than our entire solar system.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thanks but please do not generalize. I do not watch any TV
(mainly because I hate the crap and also have two toddlers which leaves me with no spare time). I know folks whose family members work for one of the many Government Agencies

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Thanks but please do not generalize. I do not watch any TV
(mainly because I hate the crap and also have two toddlers which leaves me with no spare time). I know folks whose family members work for one of the many Government Agencies

I never said you watched tv , I said many people on here think CSI is a documentary, as for the government agencies comment what are you trying to imply

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
is it me or is the moon taking a lot of meteor hits for us?

That is why the Anunnaki put it there

Loved the clip Bosb33r, I so need to get me a telescope ... Could spend hours just looking S+F

top topics

join