Plagued with popups suddenly after coming to ATS

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Over the last week I've been spending lots of time here while working, and well.... suddenly I'm getting all these weird popups on my computer. I'm not saying it originated from this site, but.............

Anyway, i did a quick scan followed by a deep scan with my virus software and while it found a few things, it did not fix this problem. I've been working on it now for 3 days and can't seem to make it stop. After reading the virus conspiracy here (yay, thanks guys, yet another thing to worry about) now I'm all paranoid. So obviously i need new software to fix this, or I need to wipe my OS and do a new install (PITA). Any virus removal software suggestions? Right now I'm using avast.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Try the computer help forum.
Those guys are amazing

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you're not running them already, try spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I always get a Mazda pop up on my phone when I visit here. It's annoying, and I've never gotten pop ups on my phone before.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've been coming here for years and I don't get any pop ups at all that can be attributed to ATS. Indeed, my pop up blocker on IE9 is on, but ATS is an allowed site and I still don't get them. I use vipre as an anti-virus. Not saying you don't have them, but I am saying ATS is unlikely to be the cause.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ive been getting those annoying ads that redirect you to their site when I click on threads.This has been happening a lot in the last few days,really annoying.
Whatever happened to "become a member and you wont get as many ads"?
Greed not need just like the new crappy search.
Forgot to say this happens on my android phone whether the browser is set to desktop or mobile.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Could it have something to do with using chrome as a browser? Are those having problems in the last week using chrome and those not having problems using something else? Or maybe it's just random, some get it some don't. Thing is, I don't think there was anywhere else I could have gotten it. This was the only site I've been visiting besides where I do business, and facebook. And where I do business is highly secure.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
lucky you mine just say page not found 80% of the time
and I have push F5 refresh to make it work
so you may never see this post also LOL

new topics

top topics

join