It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have posted on several threads that I believe the bible to be 100% accurate and the very word of God written by the hands of men. I am simply providing the scientific argument for young earth and creation here but would be willing to discuss anything that relates to the bible's accuracy.

It is my opinion that anyone who takes a look at the evidence you will find that the evidence points both ways. What I mean is that evolutionist make many fabulous claims that say look at this, it proves evolution. When a creationist can look at the exact same argument and say look at this, it proves creation.

Example we share 60% of our DNA with a banana. Evolutionist say see look. While I say it is simply the same painter using the same brush that brought forth all creation. The fact that we look and function so differently but are so much the same proves both intelligence in design and points to only one artist.

I believe that if one can accept that scientific claims to refute the bible are based on assumptions than you can clearly come to a choice. You may still choose evolution but hopefully you will understand that many of us who don't are not nearly as stupid or naive as you may think.

Age of Earth
www.tgm.org...
creation.com...
www.icr.org...
www.icr.org...
www.answersingenesis.org...
www.detectingdesign.com...
www.earthage.org...
www.angelfire.com...
www.creationism.org...

Dinosaur
www.genesispark.com...
www.creationtoday.org...
www.allaboutcreation.org...
www.detectingdesign.com...

Flood
www.earthage.org...
www.thebibleistheotherside.org...
www.icr.org...
www.icr.org...

Exodus/Egypt
www.s8int.com...
www.youtube.com...
theexodusdecoded.net...

Science and the Bible
www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

Evidence for 2000 years of unchanged scripture
dss.collections.imj.org.il...
en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus
www.clarion-call.org...
pleaseconvinceme.com...

Evolution Vs Creation
www.christiananswers.net...
www.present-truth.org...
www.biology-questions-and-answers.com...
forum.wolframscience.com...
www.truthnet.org...
www.aboundingjoy.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
scienceagainstevolution.info...
www.present-truth.org...
www.newgeology.us...
www.trueorigin.org...
www.nwcreation.net...

This is a seventh day advent site, I don't agree with much of their religion, but I do like the series on the Genesis conflict.
amazingdiscoveries.tv...

Only because I have posted this on ATS. For those of you who believe in religious conspiracy put in place by governments to control the masses. Are these not the same governments who have given you your science and history books?

I am making the claim that the bible is a history book that has been protected by God from corruption.

You say that it is impossible so then you must also expect that anything else you have been taught by these same powers that are trying to control you, may also contain inaccuracies designed to keep you controlled.

Maybe the case I present won't change your biblical/spiritual views, but hopefully it will open your eyes to the possibility of a biblical past completely different than your history books and science books suggest.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Scientific theories that contradict the Bible have far more evidence to support their validity than your Bible does. Additionally...

"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate." - Kurt Wise, Harvard geologist

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention this little thing:

edit on 22-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Here is a gift, from me to you:

a gift that keeps on giving

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Here is a gift, from me to you:

I know that there is a loop.

But for the ones who can not find their inner voice.

God is not defined.

There is no way to define it.

He does things and .....

He is higher to be described.

He is no spicy.

He have not been born and have not given birth.

No eye can see him.

Just think a little for god sake before replying.
edit on 22-2-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I edited the post because it seemed kind of minimal. Feel free to have a second gander.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have seen that, and nothing about this post has anything to do with what I posted.

Either participate honestly with integrity bringing me new intellect that I may have overlooked in my search or leave. I will not respond to anything else that is not related to topic.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let me guess?..........you like fairy tales?..........or a good long drawn out story?...........or you are a blind faith stupid fool?...........or just maybe your legs are failing you?

Whats the difference between toilet paper and the pages of a bible?...................this might be testing so take your time...................................thats right.....its....you got it.........INK!

Thats why most people dont believe in it!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ever wonder WHY the Bible has been attacked all throughout History more than any other book?

Satan hates God, he hates God’s people and he especially HATES God's word because GOD wrote it and because it is true and it changes lives.

Satan can’t stand the truth, because everything he does is based upon deception.

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Satan would not HATE it and continually attack it the way he has throughout history, like he did in Genesis 3 where he questioned it and then outright DENIED it.

The phrase “given by inspiration of God” literally says that all scripture is “God-breathed.”

If scripture were NOT God-breathed Satan would not study it and quote it to Jesus like he did with this verse:

The Lord will command His angels to take good care of you. They will lift you up in their hands. - Psalm 91:11-12

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Jesus would never have used Scripture to counter Satan’s attacks:

Jesus answered, "It is written: ‘One does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4)

Scripture IS God-breathed, The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate and it is scientifically IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to have fulfilled them by chance.

The laws of probability PROVE that this is a fact.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time. Source

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. " Accuracy Of Prophecy

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So you read a story and chose to believe it. And as proof you link to sites created by others that believe the same story. I still see no proof though, from a scientific perspective. Now, i am not saying that the evolution theory is correct either, it may also be wrong, but at least there is more compelling evidence that at least prove parts of it from a scientific perspective.

The main drawback in choosing a religion to believe in is that it stifles your curiosity, the need to ask questions and look for answers. You choose this story and are content, stopping your questioning in many important areas since the answer is already provided for by someone else that bothered to type his own version down thousands of years ago.

I say we should never stop asking questions, and trying to seek the answers, not until we have definitive proof that will satisfy everyone, not just those with "faith" but also the scrutiny of the most hardcore scientists and intellectuals(which rarely believe in any religion)

There can only be one truth to our past afterall, which means 99% of all religions are guaranteed to be false, so why not make it 100%, stop being lazy and start searching for the real answer?

I know, it is too hard right?

edit on 22-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the fact of the matter is this: religion and its doctrines, scriptures and passages are allegorical, they are esoteric - they are encrypted - they are not literal accounts of tales and people- they are records of family lineages (which you are not a part of, but rather apart ) - Solomon, for instance is three different words, Sun/Sol - Om is Sanskrit for energy or heat, and On, from Ethiopic - meaning being (or Oannes, a Babylonian half-fish half-man god (Old Gregg, anyone? lol)

the human race at large has been allowed to read/write only for the last 600 years or so- and most remained ignorant of said skills for a long time after that- the priests could barely read aught but a few passages- the King James version was not translated so that the modern man might get closer to God, but to make control more accessible at the local level- as well creating their own self-fulfilling prophesy within the collective mind of mankind - Revelations.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have seen that, and nothing about this post has anything to do with what I posted.

Either participate honestly with integrity bringing me new intellect that I may have overlooked in my search or leave. I will not respond to anything else that is not related to topic.

The topic is why you believe in the Bible. My response is that in defending the Bible, you have implied the invalidity of a slew of theories which still have more supporting evidence than the claims of your Bible. You can prove the places and people existed at one time or another, but you can't prove the conversations actually took place.

Which pretty much eliminates half the importance of the book. Without the conversations and the lessons that were spoken, those people and places mean nothing. It's the conversations, the exchanges we read about, that give it importance. Can you prove that these conversations took place, and aren't simply inventions?

What about all the cultures that existed before Christianity that bear strange similarities to Christianity? Coincidence, or plagiarism? Ash Wednesday? Christmas? Easter? The Holy Trinity? The virgin birth, the three days of death, the resurrection? Have you done all the cultural research?

I'll be waiting for your in-depth response refuting all of this.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Scientific theories that contradict the Bible have far more evidence to support their validity than your Bible does. Additionally...

"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate." - Kurt Wise, Harvard geologist

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention this little thing:

You are 100% wrong.
If 900 people believe the data says evolution and 100 believe the data says creation it does not imply there is more data for evolution.

Every single claim that has been made by evolution has been countered by creation scientists that provide an equally plausible explanation for observed science.

As long as creation scientist can continue to dispute evolution based on the exact same data, then we can be sure of at least one thing origins, age of the earth, and evolution remain an assumptions and not facts.

Since we have 900 people providing data to support evolution and only 100 providing data to prove creation, of course we find more evidence for evolution, should be at least 9-1 by my assumption.

Here is where "SCIENCE" stops working. Because the majority believe what they have been taught since grade school all of their work goes to proving what they believe. When a creation science says hey wait a minute before you go making your claims we have an opposite and equally sound scientific theory that refutes your claim of evolution. They are immediately classified crazy Christian.

Calling me crazy because I accept an alternate theory of which neither can be proven is not crazy, and is precisely what makes science so great.

What makes science so great is that in order for anything to be considered fact it not only has to happen once it has to be repeatable. And if even one step of the work can be proven false than the entire theory collapses.

Currently we have 2 theories God and Evolution. It is absolutely imperative for the atheist mind to prove all religious text about God wrong.

Anyone who accepts Evolution at this current time in our understanding as a process that leads from a cingle cell to man is believing in the atheistic view of religion. But still a religion none the less. The evolutionary theory provides a set of "natural laws" to determine the who, what, where, and why. Trying to completely eliminate the spiritual.

In essence they are trying to eliminate sin and consequence by saying that it doesn't really exist. That what we see as sin is simply some moral code that helps us move along in society. It is the absence of God from our naturalistic atheist views that lead to a society where anything and everything is tolerable.

Because everything is natural.

No everything is created with a purpose and sin and death are real. But so is love, everlasting life and spirituality.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No, what I have provided is a list of websites that prove that anything that relates to origin, speciation, and age of the earth is not fact.

The only evidence I provided for the bible is evidence for Jesus and fact that the bible has not changed in 2000 years as some claim.

This only asserts that there indeed was a man named Jesus who was credited with miracles, and many people died by the sword for their refusal to deny him. This does not prove the bible true, it simply proves that others believed it to be true.

Only one of my links is the bible proving the bible is true, the prophecy about Christ found in the OT.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The bible and religion are attacked throughout history because people
had a right to defend themselves from the brutal oppression they suffered
under this so called moral group of murders thieves and charlatans, it
has been shown again and again these people had very clear political
and social goals which included forcing their views on any who opposed
them.

Defending freedom from oppression is not attacking anything, as one
atheist puts it, if we see you beating someone over the head with a
stick and take the stick away we aren't oppressing you, we are liberating
them, freedom does not mean you get to impose your will on others, it
means you let others choose for themselves, this is the key thing
missing from these so called guide books for morality, they lack the
very thing they claim to offer, morality. How to live your life in honest
terms and not just accept what anyone who claims divinity tells you.

The bible is a guide book for control, nothing more, nothing less, it sells
ideas that are thousands of years old, it even condones slavery to
this day and any moral being knows that is wrong. Freedom is
the only way to prosper, our fore fathers knew that which is why
we were a secular nation to begin with, i think its about time we
go back there, back to freedom and responsibility of our own
lives. In the end that's all religion is, a scape goat for injustice in this
world, the comforting idea that somehow justice can be served
after death when we should be demanding justice right now.

Science is simply a way to get answers to questions, i hate that the
answers it has found do not line up with the beliefs many have
but maybe its time to really be honest take a look see at what
it has to offer, there are tons of answers but even more questions.

One thing is for sure, if there is a god like being out there and
he is actually moral, he didn't write the bible.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Ever wonder WHY the Bible has been attacked all throughout History more than any other book?

Satan hates God, he hates God’s people and he especially HATES God's word because GOD wrote it and because it is true and it changes lives.

Satan can’t stand the truth, because everything he does is based upon deception.

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Satan would not HATE it and continually attack it the way he has throughout history, like he did in Genesis 3 where he questioned it and then outright DENIED it.

The phrase “given by inspiration of God” literally says that all scripture is “God-breathed.”

If scripture were NOT God-breathed Satan would not study it and quote it to Jesus like he did with this verse:

The Lord will command His angels to take good care of you. They will lift you up in their hands. - Psalm 91:11-12

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Jesus would never have used Scripture to counter Satan’s attacks:

Jesus answered, "It is written: ‘One does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4)

Scripture IS God-breathed, The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate and it is scientifically IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to have fulfilled them by chance.

The laws of probability PROVE that this is a fact.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time. Source

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. " Accuracy Of Prophecy

Excellent post Murgatroid and in regards to the "Breath", have you heard the theory that the universe was birthed by sound? Very compelling.
Check out "chladni plates" too.
Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Did you ask if I researched? I spent almost two years trying to prove that evolution was possible. When I started investigating the bible I first listened to the entire thing on CD. It was a great love story indeed. What did I do next? I spent the next two years trying to prove evolution is the truth. Everywhere I looked I found the same thing, yet another assumption.

It was only when I gave up faith in evolution I realized that true evolution [Darwinism, Speciation) cannot be proven or repeated in a lab. Please don't provide the links showing how a species adapted, and if you don't understand the difference between speciation and adaptation than please don't question my intelligence on the subject.

It is only then that I began to look at creation. What I realized is creation scientists are real scientists. Although they start with the assumption of God, when they reach a point that cannot be proven they simply acknowledge that and say we leave that answer to God.

For evolutionist they must make everything fit on top of the first basic yet improvable assumption. You see they are not nearly as likely to come to the truth, which is often I don't know. They are so busy trying to disprove religion, thus disproving God, that they force everything they see to fit on top of the first improvable assumption.

Only one of these two groups is actually following "scientific theory". Only Creationist simply leaves the unknown, unknown, without any need for it to be known. This does not mean they were any less prudent in their research it just means they will clearly tell you what the facts say and what faith says. They have no need to force what is still unknown into a theory that cannot be proven.

For evolutionist they come up with incredibly complex ideas of how this or that could happen and turn it into a research paper. Since 90% of all scientist believe evolution we end up with one more assumption placed on top of the original assumption, and thus it becomes more evidence that proves evolution is fact. Completely disregarding the other 10% who say your evidence can be just as easily explained by creation.

The fact, both evolutionist theory and creationism cannot be proven.

Evolution is a never ending set of assumption based loosely on "scientific theory" but more on the highly speculative "scientific faith". As long as I am asked to have faith I will continue to have faith in God over men. It is this reason, that I choose creationism.

If any fact were presented to the contrary my faith is strong enough to accept that I don't know everything, and for God all things are possible.

edit on 22-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I will not disagree with you about the bible being used to control.

But remember it is Christ who said turn the other cheek and be controlled only by love. The message you posted is only anti-religion for the bible does not teach anyone to control anyone. But like any piece of literature I could pick out a few lines, read them out of context and use them to control you. Especially if I could get you to believe that my interpretation is correct and the word of God.

I am not simply saying that my interpretation is correct, I'm actually saying that the interpretation that was given me by the Holy Spirit has a few major philosophical differences that show where the church went wrong. I am also making the claim that if you would do what Jesus said, you would learn the truth for yourself without any need for any man to be your teacher.

I am not asking you to believe the church or me.

Jesus said it is possible for us to overcome our sin/addictions/problems. The church does not recognize these teachings, and instead teach that only after our physical death can we hope to defeat sin.

I am asking you to do what Jesus said, by faith. Is it possible to have enough faith to believe this? If
Jesus was who he said he was, and I do the things he said I should do, then I should receive a spiritual gift from God that is undeniably from God.

I am showing you the path to overcome sin. I am telling you it is as easy as doing what he said "turn the other cheek", "serve", "love one another". I am also telling you that you will receive this gift of rebirth if you would do what he said, because I have received it.

If I was asking for you to do something impossible than it would make since for you to refute me, but the burden that you are ask to carry is light, therefore you know it is not impossible.

edit on 22-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No, what I have provided is a list of websites that prove that anything that relates to origin, speciation, and age of the earth is not fact.

The only evidence I provided for the bible is evidence for Jesus and fact that the bible has not changed in 2000 years as some claim.

This only asserts that there indeed was a man named Jesus who was credited with miracles, and many people died by the sword for their refusal to deny him. This does not prove the bible true, it simply proves that others believed it to be true.

I didn't give you enough credit. I apologize for that.

But take a look at Murgatroid's post, and ask yourself: is it any wonder that people view the Bible with suspicion? It stirs up so much fear and animosity, it really can't be that surprising that people distrust it. For every reason it gives to love your fellow man, it gives a dozen more reasons to cast stones or exile him.

In my personal belief, regardless of how tight the case for evolution is, the Bible is much, much worse. The only thing worse than a man willing to die for a cause, is a man willing to kill for a cause - especially if such a man cannot be reasoned with using the conventional methods of the rational world.

And the Bible tends to encourage people to rely less on rational thinking and more on pure emotion, which is dangerous in any situation.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Because J.K. Rowling didn't claim that Harry Potter was a real person. That series was a better read anyway.

Oh, please. Don't even try to suggest that I'm under the influence of a supernatural being.

That circular argument picture was meant for you too.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Excellent post Murgatroid and in regards to the "Breath", have you heard the theory that the universe was birthed by sound? Very compelling.
Check out "chladni plates" too.
Peace

It will pass away with a "great noise" too.

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join