It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corner of the eye shadow shared by two people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share this. My coworker and I were in our datacenter yesterday working on something, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow, roughly my height, zip from the left of the room to the right. Just as I started to turn my head to catch it my coworker said "what the hell?" and I saw his head track it too.

We looked at each other, and had one of those "did you just see...?" moments.

It's not incredibly unusual to see something or another at where I work, I've had other experiences - from a reflection in a window to a near full-body apparition late at night, but I've never seen it in our datacenter before, and never had someone with me to corroborate it. Pretty neat, who knows what it was. I tend to dismiss the corner of your eye type events, since they are hard to substantiate and could be any number of mental tricks or similar, but since he saw it too, I thought I'd share.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Those darn shadow people, love playing tricks on ya!

Were there any windows in the room, could have been a shadow cast from someone running outside?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Nope, 100% secured datacenter. Nothing but servers, a 30 ton A/C unit, and tons of power. Sealed concrete room, raised floor, dropped ceilings.

I had thought it might just be EMF related paranoia, but the reality is everything is heavily shielded, because data signals and unshielded power don't play well together. While I don't have an EMF meter handy, I highly doubt it's much above ambient levels. More so, never had it happen before.

Actually, the rate I've "noticed" things at work (University, across various portions of the campus) have been increasing. I've been here five years, and saw something year one, a couple things year two, couple things year three, but the last half of year four beginning of year five I've had at least a dozen incidents happen where something was just...odd. Even dismissing half of them that's a fair number.

I maintain a high level of Situational Awareness due to other reasons, so I don't think it's just me paying -more- attention, but it could be.

Could all be in my head too haha

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

It happens to me a lot too. My brother and I had a shared experience years ago of a shadow person right in the middle of the room. Scared the crap out of us. So after seeing that, I definitely maintain a high level of awareness now!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I really wish I could spend more time trying to track down these things.

The Uni has a few well known spots where encounters have happened, for instance where I experienced my near full body apparition.

On the other hand, thanks to my unlimited access, I've had incidents occur in places students and most staff or faculty can never go. Sometimes I'll wander around during change windows (after hour slices of times where we can implement new hardware, make firewall or other network changes, or make changes to production services) just poking into places with the God key, seeing what happens. Rarely anything, it's usually only when I'm actually working on something that I tend to see anything. When I'm moving with a purpose from say my office to a comm room, it's late so my SA is a bit lower, and I'll get caught off guard with something.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing!

I too, had a shared wtf moment like this.

I was sitting with my wife, watching TV in our holiday home, when a "shadow" caught my eye, it looked to me like the shadow of a woman walking - passing from left to right across the inside of our front door porch, and as I quickly turned to face it, I noticed my wife looking too...

"Did you see that?" I asked.. as I stood up and moved to the porch...
"Yes, I thought I saw a woman" she said.

I opened the door, maybe 4 or 5 seconds after seeing the shadow.
There was nothing there, so I looked outside... you can see for hundreds of yards in both directions up and down the street, and there was nothing. No people, no cars, no dogs... nothing that could have cast a moving shadow.

When we compared what we thought we had both seen, the two versions matched perfectly.
The shadow of a woman, probably in her 30s or 40s with her head bowed slightly down, walking left to right across the INSIDE of our small porch, visible through the warped glass of our porch door.

There was no way that a person could have "disappeared" from view in the time it took me to open the door and look out. There's nowhere for them to go!

I had seen a few moving shadows out the corner of my eye there, and it turns out - so had my wife, but we never thought to mention it to each other until that night, as you tend to think that it's just your imagination, but when 2 people see exactly the same thing at the same time.... that's a different story!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Your story reminds me of an experience I was told about. I though I'd share in your thread if you don't mind. I don't care for making threads. They aren't very popular, and I've a horrible habit of disappearing from the site for days at a time. I'm leery of starting threads unless I'm sure to be around to track the thread and respond to interested posters.

Anyhow, this experience happened to my husband and his friend.

I was working with fairy energy at the time and things were getting a bit strange around the house.

My husband and his friend were at the house we lived in and they were playing the xbox. They were home alone, no kids. I was gone. No animals owned at that time. Off to the right of the TV, I had a mobile set up for my youngest at the time, Elle. From the mobile, a straight bar you could sit her under so she could play with the dangling toys, there was a toy mirror hanging. You know those kid ones, with a blurry funky vision staring back at you when you look into one, as it's not glass but sort of like a shiny foil over the plastic. Well anyhow,

From the corner of my husbands eye, he said he saw a small figure, only three or four inches in height. He said, from the corner of his eye, he could tell that the thing was admiring itself in the mirror on the mobile. He said from the corner of his eye, he could see it messing with it's hair, turning this way and that. Like it was preening at itself in the mirror. He turned to look at it suddenly, and just as suddenly, it zipped away around the corner of the hallway. He said it moved so fast all he saw of it was a small quick zipping shadow.

He'd have thought it was nothing, just a trick of the eye, but guess what? The mirror on the mobile was swinging back and forth. He turned to his friend and said, "Hey man, do you see that mirror there swinging like it was knocked by something?"

His friend said, "Yeah, why?"

My husband said, "Oh nothing, just making sure I saw what I think I saw!"

Your story reminded me of his, from the corner of the eye...

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Good to see other people have seen these. It's why I joined ATS. I'm not mad and I'm not alone

Many years ago I shared a flat with three friends. It was a big old 3 story house with new extensions built onto the back so the house could be split up into flats on each floor.
Our flat was the top flat.
We all noticed when we moved in, that the stairwell up through the house had a really odd feel. It kind of made you anxious when you closed the front door, so you would run up the stairs with a freaky feeling of being watched.
Anyway, The way the flat was layed out, if you were sitting in the living room watching TV, from the corner of your eye, you could see through the kitchen into the hallway where the stairs were.
Occasionally while watching TV, I'd see a dark shadow flitting across the hallway at the top of the stairs.
I thought it was just me seeing these, but when i mentioned it to the others they both said they also had seen the same thing.
Sometimes when were watching TV, one of us would suddenly look away from the TV in the direction of the hallway. It got quite funny.
Anyway, one day me and my flatmate were watching TV and we BOTH looked round at the same instant. I saw the black shadow move from left to right. "which way did it move?" I asked him. "Left to right" he replied!
We realised at this point that we had both seen the same shadow thing at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow great experiences!

The paranormal is a great divide for me. I live a life of logic, rational thought and scientific process. However in my life I've experienced a fair amount of paranormal events. It's become a solid hobby of mine to try to quantify the experiences, because while I -believe- they are real, and believe there is more going on than what I can easily see, my nature says I can't just accept it on belief alone, so I end up spending a lot of time trying to debunk myself after they happen hehe.

I'd love to go out with a paranormal group, but in Alaska there is only a handful, and so far any attempts to link up with them have been unanswered. I don't want to be an investigator, or interfere with theirs. I just want to tag along, observe, and learn. I've offered to fund or donate to them for the opportunity, but they seem to be completely uninterested. It's rather disappointing.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I seen these all the time. my boyfriend thinks im nuts lol but I told him no way its tolllaly real and super natural. then HE seen one and was like whoa ur right. anyone else see these things too?

top topics

join