It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More mars anomalies or just more rocks and shadows?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All of the following pictures were cropped from this NASA panoramic image:

www.nasa.gov...

The cropped images have not been manipulated in any way.color, contrast, sharpness etc are all from the original NASA image found at the above link.
The cropped images have been enlarged in order to provide a better view.

In order to not prejudice or guide you in seeing something that may or may not be there I will not yet offer my opinion on any of the images.I am posting the images and will let them speak for themselves.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nasa will have to come out and admit that there was an ancient civilisation sooner or later. Looking for evidence of water jusr does not cut it for me. Please feel to add the pics on my thread. Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
All I see are rocks and shadows.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So what about the white rod in the bottom of this pic? Also there is worked stone/metal in the bottom right and all over the place. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
So what about the white rod in the bottom of this pic? Also there is worked stone/metal in the bottom right and all over the place. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Which pic?

And I don't see how you can decipher what is metal or stone. But what can be deciphered is the term "worked". Takes a skilled eye and years of training to see such things in pictures. I see nothing worked. I see curved and jagged rocks. Nothing looks out of the ordinary with millions of years of nothingness.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

the pic in the link, there is a white rod at the bottom.
All you have to do is zoom. Then go to bottom right and you will see a propella.

edit on 22-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looks like rocks and shadows and shadows and rocks and more rocks and more rocks and more shadows. Looks pretty rocky to me.

If there were any artificacts of an unnatural nature they wouldnt be on released NASA pics and if there was then they would be obvious to the eye!

So just more rocks and shadows im afraid!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Looks like rocks and shadows and shadows and rocks and more rocks and more rocks and more shadows. Looks pretty rocky to me.

If there were any artificacts of an unnatural nature they wouldnt be on released NASA pics and if there was then they would be obvious to the eye!

So just more rocks and shadows im afraid!
the white rod in the above link can not be a rock although it does produce a shadow.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm so not seeing any white rods

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I'm so not seeing any white rods
well you must be blind then. Zoom in to bottom left! And its a rod not rods. There is also a propella in the bottom right. Cluck the link in my post above.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So it couldn't just be an exposed rock? No, it's a white rod unaffected by the solar radiation or dust storms

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
So it couldn't just be an exposed rock? No, it's a white rod unaffected by the solar radiation or dust storms
does it look like an exposed rock to you? What does it look like? You trolling me?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Exposed rock is the most likely scenario. It curves up at that point, dust on the curved arch is moved by wind exposing only a small fraction of the larger rock underneath.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That white streak may be some sort of data glitch in that one particular image.

I say this because:
1. it looks like a flat streak totally on top of the image, as if it is ignoring the surface features.
and (more importantly)
2. It does not show up in any other images of that area.

Here is the image in that series of images taken by the right NavCam that was taken just prior to your image (28 seconds prior), and was taken of the are slightly to the right of your image. The part of your image with the white streak is visible (but the streak is not there).

(A version in which I circled where the streak should be):

...And the full raw version of that image from NASA:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also, the left NavCam took an image that is of almost exactly the same spot as your image (but just the "left-eye" version). In that left-eye version of the image in your post, you can again see that the streak is not there in that picture:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Nor in the image take 28 seconds prior of that also shows the same area where the streak is seen in the image you posted. If the streak was there, it should be visible in the lower right of this image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

So, it seems to me that the thing you call a "rod" is just a data glitch or something.

edit on 2/22/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I like his answer better. I retract my original statement.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That white streak may be some sort of data glitch in that one particular image.

I say this because:
1. it looks like a flat streak totally on top of the image, as if it is ignoring the surface features.
and (more importantly)
2. It does not show up in any other images of that area.

Here is the image in that series of images taken by the right NavCam that was taken just prior to your image (28 seconds prior), and was taken of the are slightly to the right of your image. The part of your image with the white streak is visible (but the streak is not there).

(A version in which I circled where the streak should be):

...And the full raw version of that image from NASA:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also, the left NavCam took an image that is of almost exactly the same spot as your image (but just the "left-eye" version). In that left-eye version of the image in your post, you can again see that the streak is not there in that picture:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Nor in the image take 28 seconds prior of that also shows the same area where the streak is seen in the image you posted. If the streak was there, it should be visible in the lower right of this image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

So, it seems to me that the thing you call a "rod" is just a data glitch or something.

edit on 2/22/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)
ok yes a glitch or some type of firefly whizzing past lol whats your view on the propella artifact in the bottom right of my link?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The white rod seems to cast a shadow at the closest to the bottom of the screen.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The'white streak or 'rod' could be a vapor trail from some kind of flying craft and that's the reason why it cannot be seen in other images

With the martian atmosphere consisting mainly of CO2, oxygen or some other ignitable gas would have to be onboard to aid propulsion. The white streak doesn't look like a data glitch to me but something more positive.

Of course, I could be totally incorrect to assume that it could be caused by some kind of flying craft.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When NASA receives these images from the rover the images are in black and white. After NASA receives the images they use color filters on the images to give them the colors that we see.
Lets look at the images the way NASA sees them when they are received from the rover.

The following images are the same images that I posted above but these are black and white versions and enlarged a bit more. The extreme enlarging of the images has made some of the details blurry.
keep in mind that these were cropped from a panoramic image.To get an idea of the scale of the cropped images and the scale of the panorama image you need to look at the entire panoramic image here:

www.nasa.gov...

Here`s another anomaly that wasn`t posted in my first post, along with the black and white version of the image.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I see no shadow from what you call a white "rod". I think it's a glitch.

Also what the hell is a "propella"? Do you mean propeller?

Either way I saw nothing of interest besides rocks in the right corner.

Although I have a feeling you are convinced and no amount of disagreement with you will matter anyway.

edit on 2/22/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join