It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell - Witness Testimony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Gordon was one of the First I remember but, then it seemed like he had a stroke or something so I had a harder time believing it. However Neil Armstrong's little announcement of the Monolith on Phobos. Pretty much convinced me they know stuff but were testing the waters to see the public's reaction.

I think you are misremembering this 'convincing' evidence, please check and correct if needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Well that was interesting. Been waiting for that Generation to start talking about what they know and stop fearing the Gub...Of course that is why there is death-bed confessions.

Thing is, Dr Mitchell has been talking about this for many a year, so did the late Gordon Cooper, as did the late Phil Schneider. The message is quite clear, while he may not be allowed to be specific, (he hints at that at one stage) the rest of us should be under no allusion that disinformation exists, (in this case the subject of ET UFO's) and will continue to exist, and that we should not be put off by the disinfo agents, wherever they may be. It's up to us to separate the chaff from the wheat. By his definition then, ET UFO's exist no matter what.

That does not mean we should grasp at every straw, and that everything we see, (especially on internet video) is something intelligently controlled ET, perhaps especially now, when the pranksters are as capable as the disinfo agents.

Gordon was one of the First I remember but, then it seemed like he had a stroke or something so I had a harder time believing it. However Neil Armstrong's little announcement of the Monolith on Phobos. Pretty much convinced me they know stuff but were testing the waters to see the public's reaction.

I don't know about Neil saying that, Buzz did though cheers, Smurfy.

Just to add, Gordon Cooper as a military pilot has his own UFO encounter in the 1950's, presumably before any illness, that does not invalidate anything he may have said post his illness.
However, you could also say then, that any disinfo would not be directed at all against him, and just leave it up to the mind of the reader, and that he was confused and singular blah blah. This is the type of thing you could be up against.
edit on 22-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Buzz has always been interested in whipping up political support for human Mars missions. We co-authored an article in 'Scientifc American' about a 'Cycling Spaceship' trajectory he invented. Brilliant man. But he is exasperated that some crockumentary producers falsify his interviews to make it look like he thinks he saw UFOs on his Apollo-11 flight.

Neither he, nor his shipmates, not other Apollo crews, nor Edgar Mitchell nor Gordon Cooper, ever had any doubt they were seeing objects associated with their own spacecraft and/or booster. It was a 'feature', not a 'bug'.

But it's a good example of how producers of these TV shows will do whatever it takes to satisfy the commercial need to attract hyper-gullible viewers, so commercial time can be sold at a premium.

Sadly, they have a willing audience. As long as they do, they will keep playing that game.
edit on 22-2-2013 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well that was interesting. Been waiting for that Generation to start talking about what they know and stop fearing the Gub...Of course that is why there is death-bed confessions.

Thing is, Dr Mitchell has been talking about this for many a year, so did the late Gordon Cooper, as did the late Phil Schneider. The message is quite clear, while he may not be allowed to be specific, (he hints at that at one stage) the rest of us should be under no allusion that disinformation exists, (in this case the subject of ET UFO's) and will continue to exist, and that we should not be put off by the disinfo agents, wherever they may be. It's up to us to separate the chaff from the wheat. By his definition then, ET UFO's exist no matter what.

That does not mean we should grasp at every straw, and that everything we see, (especially on internet video) is something intelligently controlled ET, perhaps especially now, when the pranksters are as capable as the disinfo agents.

I don't know about Neil saying that, Buzz did though cheers, Smurfy.

Just to add, Gordon Cooper as a military pilot has his own UFO encounter in the 1950's, presumably before any illness, that does not invalidate anything he may have said post his illness.
However, you could also say then, that any disinfo would not be directed at all against him, and just leave it up to the mind of the reader, and that he was confused and singular blah blah. This is the type of thing you could be up against.
edit on 22-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

I meant Buzz Duh LOL I was going to say something else about Neil and now I forgot LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I think you are misremembering this 'convincing' evidence, please check and correct if needed.

Yeah I meant Buzz... follow the link regardless if you have not heard Buzz go on about the monolith.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Buzz has always been interested in whipping up political support for human Mars missions. We co-authored an article in 'Scientifc American' about a 'Cycling Spaceship' trajectory he invented. Brilliant man. But he is exasperated that some crockumentary producers falsify his interviews to make it look like he thinks he saw UFOs on his Apollo-11 flight.

Neither he, nor his shipmates, not other Apollo crews, nor Edgar Mitchell nor Gordon Cooper, ever had any doubt they were seeing objects associated with their own spacecraft and/or booster. It was a 'feature', not a 'bug'.

But it's a good example of how producers of these TV shows will do whatever it takes to satisfy the commercial need to attrack hyper-gullible viewers, so commercial time can be sold at a premium.

Sadly, they have a willing audience. As long as they do, they will keep playing that game.

Actually most of those shows do a build-up and then a knock-down, all tongue-in-cheek stuff. Ah well, sure you are in there somewhere anyway. You disappoint me Jim, you also could have corrected Abeverage properly and just said he/she got the wrong man, it was a simple error.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But it's a good example of how producers of these TV shows will do whatever it takes to satisfy the commercial need to attrack hyper-gullible viewers, so commercial time can be sold at a premium.

Actually most of those shows do a build-up and then a knock-down, all tongue-in-cheek stuff. Ah well, sure you are in there somewhere anyway. You disappoint me Jim, you also could have corrected Abeverage properly and just said he/she got the wrong man, it was a simple error.

meh...no worries. Since I didn't grow up in the Apollo era I always and I mean always get Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin mixed up. Do a google search on Buzz Armstrong appearently I am not nearly the only one. LOL maybe it is the A's names LOL

But yeah that riff Buzz did was not covered very well nor was the "Monolith" and scientists have yet to explain what it is.

edit on 22-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

However, you could also say then, that any disinfo would not be directed at all against him, and just leave it up to the mind of the reader, and that he was confused and singular blah blah. This is the type of thing you could be up against

No, Smurfy, the kind of thing you OUGHT to expect is that serious investigators would have interviewed Cooper's fellow pilots from Neubiberg, would have scoured the press and periodical files of UFO clubs in the nearby city of Munich, FOIA'd the unit's declassified 'Unit History' archives, compared the various versions of the story people heard Cooper telling over the years, and then asked whose credibility among all the conflicting versions was highest.

But as far as the UFO world knows, nobody

ever

did

any

of this.

Why not? What were they afraid of finding out, do you suppose?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Should work..

"Without high level government oversight, and that is of great concern." _ Mitchel speaking about who has access to the technology.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I have draw some circles ontop of the monolith. If you look carefully and closely inside each circle you can see what appears to be extending rods from the top of structure. Antennas? A radio communication tower?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

However, you could also say then, that any disinfo would not be directed at all against him, and just leave it up to the mind of the reader, and that he was confused and singular blah blah. This is the type of thing you could be up against

No, Smurfy, the kind of thing you OUGHT to expect is that serious investigators would have interviewed Cooper's fellow pilots from Neubiberg, would have scoured the press and periodical files of UFO clubs in the nearby city of Munich, FOIA'd the unit's declassified 'Unit History' archives, compared the various versions of the story people heard Cooper telling over the years, and then asked whose credibility among all the conflicting versions was highest.

But as far as the UFO world knows, nobody

ever

did

any

of this.

Why not? What were they afraid of finding out, do you suppose?

That was not my reasoning at all, the fact is that nobody want's to directly say that Gordon Cooper was telling porkies.Tthat he may or may not have been misquoted, or that the scenarios are out of place, or never happened is up for grabs However. This is your take on it,
www.zipworld.com.au...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Should work..

"Without high level government oversight, and that is of great concern." _ Mitchel speaking about who has access to the technology.

A good point, also an echo of Eisenhower's cryptic speech.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by abeverage

I have draw some circles ontop of the monolith. If you look carefully and closely inside each circle you can see what appears to be extending rods from the top of structure. Antennas? A radio communication tower?

Yes, you could also say that the same effect applies in all four corners looking at it closely. The thing is though, just what exactly is it that we are looking at?
This is the Mars monolith,

This is the Phobos monolith,

The image you highlighted is definitely not the Phobos monolith then, so it must be the Mars one, but it's not like it either. I think that picture came from an Italian website, and may have been sexed up a bit.
edit on 23-2-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That was not my reasoning at all, the fact is that nobody want's to directly say that Gordon Cooper was telling porkies.Tthat he may or may not have been misquoted, or that the scenarios are out of place, or never happened is up for grabs However. This is your take on it,
www.zipworld.com.au...

Thanks for making it clear that what UFO buffs report is what they WANT to report, not what is verifiably true or not.

James McDonald researched the 1957 Edwards story profoundly, and reported on it in detail. There is no possible way, as far as I can imagine, that McDonald's results and Cooper's later narratives can be made consistent.

Don't weasel-word that into 'misquotations'. Cooper says he was in charge of the cameramen and saw the film of an object that landed on the lakebed. No ambiguity.

McDonald wrote an account which shows none of these assertions are true.

So for Cooper, zero credibility, to any reality-based researcher. IMHO.

And it's not the only case of this -- it was his pattern in those later years. Space stories. UFO stories. Telepathic warnings of spaceship design flaws from space aliens, that he relayed to NASA to save the space program. Aviation investment schemes sure to make millions.

UNbelievable stories.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

www.zipworld.com.au...

Thanks for making it clear that what UFO buffs report is what they WANT to report, not what is verifiably true or not.

James McDonald researched the 1957 Edwards story profoundly, and reported on it in detail. There is no possible way, as far as I can imagine, that McDonald's results and Cooper's later narratives can be made consistent.

Don't weasel-word that into 'misquotations'. Cooper says he was in charge of the cameramen and saw the film of an object that landed on the lakebed. No ambiguity.

McDonald wrote an account which shows none of these assertions are true.

So for Cooper, zero credibility, to any reality-based researcher. IMHO.

And it's not the only case of this -- it was his pattern in those later years. Space stories. UFO stories. Telepathic warnings of spaceship design flaws from space aliens, that he relayed to NASA to save the space program. Aviation investment schemes sure to make millions.

UNbelievable stories.

Jim, I agree, (I said may or may NOT be misquoted) if you look again. So you do go as far as saying Zero credibility, I guess then the first incident when he was in the military, is porky pies and should be in room 101.
The rest I don't care about, now do you see?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

meh...no worries. Since I didn't grow up in the Apollo era I always and I mean always get Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin mixed up.

Buzz is the dangerous one.

Go Buzz!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I tried watching it, but I couldn't. Here we have what is probably a great interview with Mitchell and the maker of the video has to play stupid chimes and gongs and dings over it. A waste of a good interview.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Well, honestly ....he was easy on him. Looked like a clean shot though. Not sure why anyone would approach someone that way and not expect to get hit. I mean stand right in the proper distance? That means you are going to throw a punch or be ready for one to come at you. I mean seriously, there must records of him being a righty among other things. What is wrong with people?

Gotta tell ya. I'm checking out his stance and body language, the other guys head snapping back and foot leaving the floor. This is by far the clearest video posted here. Ever. Can we set this one to music?
edit on 23-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

The sound of the punch was pretty clear too.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here Buzz states the moon is real and that he did not expect to encounter any people on the moon. Notice how Ali g sits out of his range.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

it came from this link

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join