It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok' The lights go out and full scale matial law is implemented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Who do you think would win.

I say the people and here is my reason.

We have idiots in Government who have no skills, We have policemen whose only skill is brutality but lack real know how.

They are brutal because we allow them to be, here are 2 links showing what the police do when people fight back.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Cops are cowards now and when their aggression with batons no longer work they run scared.

That leaves the troops.

The Government and police are no match for the public if the public turn on them but would the troops turn on the people,

In the UK I would be willing to bet that even with the troops the people would still win.

Most inner city kids would hijack and steal the equipment the troops use.

The police and troops are vastly outnumbered.

So far we have saw Videos of power drunk cops on you tube constantly dishing out pain by hitting anyone they wish with battons.

Are they really that stupid that they think people will take this for ever.

When the people turn they will run.

Im sure this will happen one day' one day they will pick on the wrong person.

We employ them to care for society not abuse society and it appears that they have forgot their purpose, once they no longer serve the purpose expected of them, then they are no use to us the people,

Once the lights go out no cctv cameras work, no monitoring system in place.

We can survive without Government but they cannot survive without us, and the police and troops would do wise to choose their side carefully

Because if it all breaks down it will not be as uneven as it is now, police battons will be met by battons not soft body parts as they are now.

People slowly have been hardened and are now losing any fear they had of the state, in fact fear has turned to anger and if the peoples anger overspills the fear will now become the governments and police's.

The people gave a mandate to the government and police and their job was to serve the people not abuse the people.
They have failed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i agree.

its very difficult to win a guerrilla war.

they would be fired upon from every home in every direction.

they would be slaughtered.
but, thats not how they're gonna do it.
they will cut us off from everything, food, water, power and then we will beg them to enslave us.
at least some will.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are simply not enough of them to control the entire country.

What would happen is they would have to retreat to a defensible position and conduct raids but even then they will encounter resistance.

Their supplies will eventually run out which will make then non-effective, they will lose people they can't replace, eventually they will simply be worn out.

The only way for them to control the masses is to do it from behind the scenes without anyone knowing they are doing it.

There are plenty of threads about how this can and is being done. I don't believe you will ever see the rounding up of civilians and martial law for anything more than an emergency situation.

It just can't be enforced.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And it would set me off as well as millions of highly trained and tried experts, to begin sweeps of our cities.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Once the government loses its legitimate right to rule by doing something that is obviously immoral, it has lost the long-term battle. Even if the U.S. press tries its hardest to cover it up, there are other countries that would be more than willing to report - and take the government's actions into consideration.

Not only that, if it was something like a drone strike on U.S. soil, or rounding up people and putting them into camps, or stripping away free speech or right to fair trial resulting in murders without due process of U.S. citizens on U.S. soil - if the government loses its legitimacy, it is not only going to have to face a real fight from the people, but from within - not all police officers and military officers would be willing to go along with it.
edit on 22-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I can't see why so many haven't figured that out.All these bans will be ignored.If they try to enforce them, the same can of worms will be opened.
The laws we already have are massively ignored anyway,by law makers and the citizenry.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
And it would set me off as well as millions of highly trained and tried experts, to begin sweeps of our cities.

They are only Experts because they tell us they are experts.

Ask any member of the Government, policeman or soldier to milk a cow, grow veg, cut up a cow for eating, build a house, fix a drainage system, supply and fix electricity, etc etc.

They need us we dont need them.

yes the first few weeks would be brutal but when you mix with the enemy in every part of their lives you see openings and ways to take their brutal system down.

Once the people are hardened then the fightback begins and there can only be one winner.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The government,police, any public office is composed of citizens. Not some special group of people from some other planet. During their working hours they are employed by their departments weather it be within an government agency, local cop shop, soldiers in the military. When off duty they live lives like most of us, they have families, friends, some of them bowl, shoot hoops, volunteer to drive meals to needy seniors etc. So lets take a look at that as it greatly impacts this topic here. And then take a long hard look at the fact that we cannot even get the average citizen to take 5 min out of their day to stop some of the wrong doings others are doing by the minute nationally. You will have loners within these agencies that thrive off of violence and mayhem but the majority are just like you and I. But again I don't see anyone forming a sizeable group anytime soon to combat the problems that get us talking about this in the first place....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Once the government loses its legitimate right to rule by doing something that is obviously immoral, it has lost the long-term battle. Even if the U.S. press tries its hardest to cover it up, there are other countries that would be more than willing to report - and take the government's actions into consideration.

Not only that, if it was something like a drone strike on U.S. soil, or rounding up people and putting them into camps, or stripping away free speech or right to fair trial resulting in murders without due process of U.S. citizens on U.S. soil - if the government loses its legitimacy, it is not only going to have to face a real fight from the people, but from within - not all police officers and military officers would be willing to go along with it.
edit on 22-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Of course each of those things you've listed has happened and the people did not revolt. Lincoln did a number of them, the Japanese were put in camps, still waiting on the drone strike but I don't think people are going to react to it in a way that forces revolution. It will be "justified" in some way.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
These threads tickle me. You really think it's going to be a stand-up fight? Us versus them in a no holds barred match - winner takes all? Why would they ever fight on your terms?

This is how it's going to happen: Simultaneous biological release worldwide. Nasty, bio-engineered bugs with a long incubation period before the onset of symptoms. Things they made in a lab and that only they have the cures for. You're thinking that's ok, I'll just put on my bio-suit. Were you wearing it last Saturday? Because that's when they made the first release. Too bad for you. Oh, and they started putting nasty things in the food last Saturday too, before you put on your bio-suit. So all the food canned, harvested, produced last week is tainted. When did you buy that box of mac and cheese? Before or after last Saturday? Take a bite and find out. Oh I forgot to mention they rigged the date machines in the factories. No one knows when it was produced now.

Then they will release a different nasty bug on Tuesday. Then another on Wednesday and then another on Thursday, etc, etc. Bio-engineered ebola, cholera, bubonic plague, small pox...every nasty thing you can think of plus more.

Then they will release diseases that target crops. All your crops will fail...worldwide.

You think you can find cures and more importantly manufacture the cures in time? Gonna be real hard to do that because they just deployed orbital EMP weapons. No incubators, centrifuges, or computers for you. Besides, thanks to their infiltration of all research and development, they know where pretty much all the research facilities are located and have planned accordingly. Boom goes the dynamite.

Oh, there will be survivors no doubt. Some of you may actually cobble together a working lab and find cures for the the 2000 disease strains they've unleashed. But the few of you left won't be any match for the nukes and the chemical munitions. And the micro-drones. And the electromagnetic and microwave weapons.

And as you succumb to 40 different diseases, starvation, exposure, drone and brain-frying microwave attacks; you can be comforted in the fact that if they showed their head you coulda popped a 5.56 round in their melon. If only...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is an interesting story about this idea (EMP strike on the US and Europe) and what it might look like in the aftermath... Hint: communities banding together, Presidential order of martial law, relocation to camps for those in the larger cities, etc and here is the the free pdf download Lights Out by Halfast

My personal opinion is that the story did seem read like it was meant to be a "teaching novel" so some things may be overly explained. It's still worth the read if you've nothing much else to do.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

How will they reoccupy a sterile land with a biological weapon covering it?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Once the power, water, and food are stopped most people will be helpless in a few days. After a few weeks it would be easy for the feds to take over most of the country.

But that's not going to happen. What's happening is that we are slowly being turned into a caste society, we will be an aristocracy within a few generations and no one is doing anything about it.

But keep on wasting your time on childish fantasies.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

My eyes are open and you aren't paying attention prog.
You'll perk up during next election cycle when the swing goes back to conservative screaming your head off no doubt.
Do you have training? We do,we learned BEFORE the internet and GPS how to fight at night ,it's our calling card in the American military.
Do you have traditions? We do,our fathers taught us respect for others and responsability for OUR OWN ACTIONS and pride in our names.
And finally how do you think the average "Homeland"youth would stand against a 60 year old MACV/SOG vet?
They are my peers as many other Americans who KNOW the score and are just waiting for the other side to fire.Thousands will show up,millions will back them.
But we won't move first ,yours will.
We are fully aware of the carnage that can happen WE SAW IT FIRST HAND.
Our goal would be to stop it and the Fed if that were to take place OUTSIDE OF A REAL DISASTER.

We aren't scared, death is easy,slavery is not.
Back off. And we'll have peace.

top topics

join