It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Now Threatens to Sue Woman Who Helped Him Rescue His Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As Sanchez put it in her Facebook post, “No good deed goes unpunished, right?”

What started off as the heartfelt story about a man whose dog was impounded and who was able to retrieve him thanks to the money raised through the spread of a viral photo snapped by a California woman has taken and unexpected turn as he now threatens to sue her.

The pit bull mix, Buzz, was taken to an animal shelter in San Bernardino, Calif., after his owner Dave Thomas was arrested last week and there was no one to care for the dog. After Thomas was released, he visited the shelter and sat heartbroken by Buzz’s cage, because he didn’t have the $400 it was estimated to release the dog.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Gutted for her. Im sure the story isnt as black and white as presented but come on, she helped you get your beloved dog back mate, calm down, get on with your life.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
She was only obligated out of the donations to pay for the dogs release, anything after that is legally hers. That's how charities work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here’s how Sanchez explained it:

I have transferred $842.07 into my bank to reimburse myself for the shelter fees, vet and PetSmart shopping spree that I put onto my personal credit card. I had a discussion regarding the remainder of the donations and how he would like to spend them.

www.theblaze.com...[edit by]edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Trash cant be helped.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The lady should have used the money to adopt the dog for herself. At least then she would know it was going to a good home.

From the sounds of this guy, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he kicks the dog or mistreats it in some way. The dog was better off in the shelter IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just give it him already - end of drama.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Drama at the City of San Bernardino California Shelter

To begin with, Dave gave an incorrect name of Christopher to the shelter. Sanchez was looking for a Christopher when she was trying to find Dave. Christopher/Dave told Sanchez that he had been arrested for traffic tickets. The police confirmed that he was arrested on a felony charge. He was on the run and had a warrant for being at large. Superior Court records in San Bernardino show a pattern of disrespect for the law with traffic tickets galore. At the same time, Christopher/Dave had a prior conviction for drugs and also for theft of recycled goods, a violation of San Bernardino City ordinances.

www.opposingviews.com...#
edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seems to me like the man should have been impounded..not the dog.

He got his dog back and that was a blessing. What a loser.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Let him sue, he will not win in court.. The lady should of never even agreed to give him anymore money then what was needed to get the dog out... It was her picture, her camera, and her time, that got the money donated.... Thats my take atleast.. This guy needs a good knock upside the head..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
let this be a lesson to good hearted people. be careful helping people as many times it comes back to bite you in the (you know where).

it really is a sad statement about how bad our society is becoming, where trying to be helpful puts you in a bind. :shk: the fact that they had to make laws to protect first aiders from lawsuits was a sure sign of this, when people were suing those that tried to save their very lives. it really makes me feel ill that things are like this these days

new topics

top topics

active topics

join