It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Guide to Popular Modern False Apparition Sites and ‘Seers’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Quick Guide to Popular Modern False Apparition Sites and ‘Seers’

This list is not ‘all inclusive’ but only addresses those modern day false ‘seers’ who are most quoted at ATS and elsewhere. The actual list of those claiming visions and messages from God is MUCH longer. This list is just those false ‘seers’ who claim to be Catholic and who claim to have special messages from heaven. The purpose of my posting this is so that when an ATSer sees these false ‘seers’ being quoted, those ATSers may refer back to this page for information to debunk those postings.

Christian fundamentalists will say that all Catholic ‘seers’ are false. So will the Seventh Day Adventists, the athiests .. etc etc. Of course, you all are free to believe as you wish. I'm presenting information here for quick reference for these particular popular false 'seers'.

Official Church Statements on Some Apparitions

BAYSIDE – Veronica Lueken Church Statement on Bayside

CHRISTINA GALLAGHER –
Information on Christina Gallagher here
Statements from the Church here

CYNDI CAIN – AKA ‘The Hidden Flower’ I actually met her once. Total con. Interesting blog on her found here ..

CONYERS GA – Nancy Fowler –
1991 Church Statement – Conyers now worthy of an investigation
List of problems with Fowlers ‘visions’
Georgia Bulletin - where the pronounement was published
Official Church Statements

CAROL AMECHE – SCOTTSDALE AZ – information here

DENISE in California – so fake she’s pretty much been scrubbed from the internet.

EMMITSBURG, MARYLAND – GIANNA TALONE SULLIVAN –
Archbishop William H. Keeler issued the decree of constat de non supernaturalitate on June 7, 2003 Wikipedia

FATHER STEPHANO GOBBI –
Tons of prophecies .. none came true. More Here

GARABANDAL –
Garabandal has officially been declared 'not of supernatural origin three times
Information on Garabandal Here – including Church Statement
Letter from the Bishop

JOHN LEARY - Official Church Statement on John Leary June 25,1999 Bishop Matthew H. Clark stated that the 'prophecies' of John Leary were not of supernatural origin and that they contained many theological errors.

JOSYP TERELYA of UKRAINE – Information on why this is false

MARIA DIVINE MERCY –
Information on why this is false

MAUREEN SWEENEY –
Theological and 'prophetic' errors of Maureen Sweeny's alleged visions
Catholic Church Officially Disapproves of Alleged Apparitions to Maureen Sweeny
Discussion on Official Church Statement

NECEDAH, WISCONSIN – Declared false .. and lots of problems with it

‘THE LITTLE PEBBLE’ – Cultist in Australia. Now in jail.

VASSULA RYDEN –
Patriarchate of Constantinople Denounces Vassula Ryden
English Translation of the Decree
Original Decree in the Original Greek

The Catholic Church does a very good job of investigating supposed miracles and supposed Jesus and Mary apparitions. If the Church says something is false … it is false.

Please take note that once a bishop or Rome has made a decision on an apparition, it stands unless another bishop or Rome changes that decision. This is a VERY RARE thing to happen. And only one decision is necessary. Each time a bishop changes office, the new bishop does NOT have to reissue a statement or do another investigation. They automatically uphold the previous bishops decisions. If a bishop dies, his decisions on the apparition remain.

Side note – anyone who claims to be Catholic but still pushes these false apparitions, even when the bishops over those apparitions says not to, is in direct conflict with the Catholic Church and is working outside the Church. That is something that Protestants don’t have a problem with, but Catholics are not supposed to do this. They can be excommunicated for working against the church in these matters.

Official stages of investigation into Catholic Apparitions

1) constat de supernaturalitate (established as supernatural),
2) constat de non supernaturalitate (established as not supernatural); or
3) non constat de supernaturalitate (not established as supernatural).

Please note that there is no ‘yet to be approved’ stage. If anyone says that a certain seer or alleged apparition is ‘yet to be approved’ .. don’t buy it. That PRESUMES that there will be an approval later and so it is a very disingenuous thing to say.

EWTN – Responsibility of the Faithful … Catholic apparition hoppers should read this.
Remembering Apparition Fever – Yep .. been there, done that.

edit on 2/22/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm thrown off with the whole church association, as if it provides a relative angle of reality to base things on.

If there is truth in what they write then let them speak, it seems natural the church would suppress anything of value, so I almost feel inclined to investigate further, but the fact that you seems intent on slandering them is, aw hell, seems totally bogus my friend I'm not getting it, sorry. Can you provide some example of these seers and what they write?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
the fact that you seems intent on slandering them

For something to be slander, it would have to be not true. The truth is that these people claim to be Catholic, and claim to be having visions of Jesus or Mary, and claim to be getting messages from heaven .. but it has been proven that their messagese are false. The truth is that the Catholic church says that the supposed 'messages' that these people have put out, go against the faith and are not correct theolgoically.

Can you provide some example of these seers and what they write?

Most have it provided near their names on the list.

I provided this list because there are posters here who quote from these false seers and I thought it would be good to have a quick place to go to get the info showing that these are false visionaries.

I hope to get to starting a thread with those that have been declared 'worthy of belief' ... like Fatima, Lourdes, etc

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
I'm thrown off with the whole church association, as if it provides a relative angle of reality to base things on.

The "church angle" is that the Catholic Church actually investigates these things and makes an effort to either validate them or (far more often) show them to be either misunderstood or fraudulent.

In my mind, all it takes is one wrong prophecy to demonstrate that someone is not a Prophet of God, and I haven't seen too many people batting 1.000, ya know?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ah, Ok, sounds interesting, there are many people making claims I see. I'm not too familiar with the Catholic church, but what is the motivation for one to incur such a vision? Are they viewed as having some religious significance following the events?

Also, for the people that have been found to have had true experiences, what was the nature of the transmission, you mentioned they had visions, did they come away with any knowledge? Excuse my ignorance, I generally don't fool with organized humans especially when they infiltrate religion, you know there up to no good, because a true believer with a true relationship with God is content embracing the Lord from wherever he is.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
** Shameless bump for reasons that are probably obvious to some people posting.

This info will come in handy ....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you believe Colbe will stop posting his messages from "God" after he sees this?

I assume he is one of the reasons you made this thread...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

One can only hope that those who apparition hop will read the information on this thread and learn to accept the truth of it.

I used to 'apparition hop'. From the late 1980s and all through the 1990s. If there was an alleged apparition or a person claiming visions or whatever .. I'd check it out. I'd either read their stuff or go to the site or whatever. It was very exciting and intoxicating to think that you are one of the few chosen people on the planet to be part of something so big and supernatural.

I went to Conyers. I went to Betania. I went to Medjugorje. I met Father Gobbi and read all this stuff. I volunteered at EWTN for almost 10 years and met tons of those kind of folks. I read the Garabandal information. I read Christine Gallagher. I met Cindi Cain (who calls herself 'the hidden flower') I read (and immediately rejected) Vassula and Bayside. I visited Caritas outside Birmingham AL. etc etc etc I did the 'apparition hopper thing'

But then I saw how fake a lot of them were. I woke up. And the Catholic Church has rejected all of those that I eventually found fault with. (which was just about all of them except Medjugorje and Betania)

Now I'm much more careful. If an organization like the Catholic Church, which has been investigating these kinds of things for 2,000 years, digs in and finds errors ... then it is PRUDENT to stay away from those ALLEGED apparitions and to stick to what is approved.

Digging around in fake apparitions and saying 'find the good in them' is ABSURD. That's the trick of the devil. Take a bunch of falsehoods and then sprinkle a little truth on top to sucker in people to accept the whole message.

Calling fake apparitions 'YET TO BE APPROVED' is disingenuous at best. There is no such thing as 'yet to be approved'. And considering that most 'apparitions' are eventually declared false by the Catholic Church .. to have gone around and called those false apparitions 'yet to be approved' is MISLEADING people. Again .. that's what demons do.

Folks who push these fake apparitions are doing harm to the church they claim to love. By pushing what is obviously false, they make the church look foolish .. they make their fellow Catholics look foolish .. and they themselves look arrogant (by thinking they can spot something 'authentic' but the Church itself cannot).

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Heya, FF.
Brilliant topic, S/F (delayed).

I very much appreciate having go-to threads to help discern between sincerity and conmen.
Shameless bump from me as well. Sorry I didn't notice this thread when you opened it!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Proclamation on Maureen Sweeny and Holy Love industries

Finally, the Church has spoken authoritatively on Holy Love Ministries and its 83-acre site of Maranatha Spring and Shrine in Ohio. Despite all the usual Catholic trappings — chapel, statues, rosaries and religious bookstore, not to mention the throngs from across the country and globe — the purported visions by Maureen Sweeney-Kyle have been condemned. Bishop Richard Lennon, head of the Cleveland Catholic Diocese, has issued a decree to clergy and laity of the diocese that Holy Love Ministries of Lorain County is officially off limits.

According to The Morning Journal newspaper of Ohio, Bishop Lennon’s decree was issued Nov. 11, 2009:

“Having been directed by the Holy See (in Rome) to act definitively in the matter of the alleged apparitions … and having reviewed the theological content of the alleged apparitions to Maureen Sweeney-Kyle and having consulted an expert in this matter, I … declare that the alleged apparitions and locations … are not supernatural in origin.” Lennon’s decree states he “forbid members of the clergy of any ecclesiastical jurisdiction” to celebrate the sacraments on the site of Holy Love Ministries.

“I admonish the faithful of the Diocese of Cleveland to cease gathering for any religious, liturgical, spiritual or devotional purpose on the site of Holy Love Ministries and declare that the Confraternity of the United Hearts of Jesus and Mary is not an approved association of the Christian faithful in the Diocese of Cleveland and may not legitimately use the name “Catholic” or represent itself as a Catholic group,” Lennon said in his decree.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ouch.

Don't tell colbe, she's pretty obsessed with Maureen.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That is something that Protestants don’t have a problem with?

I don't know of any protestant that believe in any of these BS apparitions or mystics. Apparitions of mary and Jesus are false demonic sightings and as far as mystics are concerned most protestants think they are BS too.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
That is something that Protestants don’t have a problem with?

I don't know of any protestant that believe in any of these BS apparitions or mystics. Apparitions of mary and Jesus are false demonic sightings and as far as mystics are concerned most protestants think they are BS too.

I believe that there are instances of Protestants who have said that they've seen Jesus. Mariology is specific to the Roman Catholic and Orthodox faiths, so it is unlikely that Mary would appear to anyone but them (if she does -- I'm personally a skeptic on the idea.) That said, even when I was a Protestant, I never "had a problem with it", because I don't really see how it matters. If someone wants to believe in it, whatever.

I do take issue with someone making money off of phony apparitions, bleeding statues or other shenanigans, but if that's absent, then live and let live.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Dangers of Pushing False Apparitions

In 1882, Christ revealed to the stigmatist, Marie Julie Jahenny of La Fraudais, France that:

"During the time of the approach of the punishments announced at La Salette, an unlimited amount of FALSE REVELATIONS will arise from hell like a swarm of flies; a last attempt of Satan to choke and destroy the belief in the TRUE REVELATIONS by false ones."

EWTN Library - Apparitions

The first responsibility of the faithful is to remain firmly established in the faith, in the sacraments and in communion with the Pope and bishops. Any Catholic who gives their primary attention to alleged private revelation at the expense of Sacred Scripture, the teaching of the Church (especially the Catechism), sacramental practice, prayer and fidelity to Church authority is off course. The running after spiritual phenomena, such as alleged revelations, is condemned by St. John of the Cross as spiritual avarice. This means that pious souls who would be repulsed by crude materialistic greed think nothing of being greedy to know revelations and prophecies. An exclusive, or even a predominant attention to these matters (especially apocalyptic ones), cannot help but produce an unbalanced spirituality. Should the Church condemn some favorite alleged revelation such a person may find themselves believing more in it than in the supernatural authority of the Church. The devil will have succeeded in what he had set out to do.

The second responsibility is to have regard, in the first place, for those private revelations and apparitions approved by the Church. Within a balanced practice of the faith the edifying content of approved private revelations can be a motive for deeper piety and fidelity to the Gospel. God has chosen to give guidance to the Church in particular eras in this way and we would, as I noted above, be imprudent to disregard altogether what are credibly His prophetic interventions in the life of His Church.

Finally, there are many other private revelations that have not received Church approval. The Second Vatican Council urges us to discern the Spirit in the case of such extraordinary graces [Lumen gentium 12], which means being neither gullible or incredulous, but subjecting them to all relevant theological and human tests of credibility. Clearly, in this the judgment of the local bishop is the key element of such a discernment as I noted above. Often enough, unfortunately, the laity are left to make this determination themselves, relying on the testimony of the events, the judgment of holy and orthodox priests and common sense. It must always be kept in mind that however credible and reasonable such revelations seem to be, God would never ask one to separate oneself from the faith and discipline of the Church to follow it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
markosity1973 posted these scripture quotes on a different thread.
I'm borrowing them for this. They are important.

Deut. 18:20-22 (NIV)"A prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.

www.acts17-11.com...

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
Jer 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

Isa 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

biblelight.net...

What about Matthew 7:15

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
And for people who claim to be Catholic ... this applies to you ...
Apparitions and Discernment

Canon Law and the Obligation of Obedience by the Faithful

As the bishops are entrusted with the responsibilities of discerning and ruling on apparitions as stemming from the nature of their office, so there are fundamental responsibilities on the part of the members of the diocese. First, they are to obey their bishops when the latter act as Christ's representatives (canon 212), that is, when they teach formally or establish binding discipline as pastors of a particular church. This obedience owed to the bishops in their capacity as leaders of particular churches is intended to promote the common good. Canon 753 also speaks of the "religious assent" owed to the bishops' teaching authority, which means a special quality of respect and gratitude, along with critical awareness and good will. Hence, there should be intelligent obedience to ecclesiastical authority in the matter of alleged apparitions.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I reject ALL SEERS. If God wishes for it to be otherwise, then he will tell me.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Excellent Roman Catholic Article

Excellent article that brings to the front some of the many problems with Garabandal.

Bottom line -

Since the fake apparitions, all 8 bishops of Garabandal have affirmed the findings that Garbandal isn't from Heaven. Rome and canon law backs those Bishops up in their decision.

Since the fake apparitions, all four of the women who claimed the visions have recanted their stories and said that they never had visions. They have admitted they faked it.

Also - Conchita admitted stealing the eucharist and faking a eucharistic miracle.

Lies. Deceit. Theft. Contradictions. Admissions of fakery.
And the Roman Catholic Church itself, continuing over five decades, says it's not authentic.

This isn't of heaven.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ATS Thread on Maria Divine Mercy, Joseph Gabriel, Thesecondcoming.com
The names and occupations of the money making frauds who run these are provided at the link.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join