It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I claim complete enlightenment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
No one here is truly enlightened. If there are these individuals, ATS, or any other website for that matter, would be the last place they would be. They would be spending their time helping the masses of people without homes, food, clothes, internet, medicine, etc.

They would be where they are... nowhere else. Doing what they do... nothing else.

639 99 18 9... Well damn... I keep winding back where I started!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For now your ego is enlightened, but only temporarily; for it knows all structures are unstable.

One who is enlightened will know one is, and wouldn't require the void to be yet filled by [enlightenement] random ATS avatars.

My brother, you are still young in your journey
to be speaking of the end. Be more, and talk less.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
From what I've seen those who claim to be enlightened are looking for money off of you, the real enlightened ones keep to themselves I think

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
But if you want to do what I did you need to read a lot of books on all religions, play a lot of videogames, watch a lot of movies and go through public schools while also maintaining a fulltime job. It's very important one has earned the things used to reach enlightenment. One should also keep all social activities to an absolute minimum, basically becoming a hermit inside society as much as possible.

My lord I have never read anything like it! You cannot be serious?!? Your writings make my head squirm in an uncomfortable way, this is not enlightenment....seems nearly the opposite.

Would that be called endarkenment?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
ok dragonfly, please tell me clearly & plainly how you achieved enlightenment?

Ok but you must understand I can't write every detail in a single post as I would have to describe many events in other peoples lives around the world coinciding with my own life. But in a nutshell the physical body constructs the nonphysical body (the psyche) then realizes it must be in something bigger which is then known as the soul and from there it can communicate with other souls so that it can create a new soul in which it (the soul) reconstructs the psyche and finally the physical body.

most explanations are very cryptic and worded to be riddles.

That is because you are reading it and your brain does not have sufficient information yet or the psyche is either not ready yet to process a piece of the puzzle. Once the psyche is ready, the piece of a particular puzzle reappears out of the blue and it practically lays itself in the right position. Or if the psyche still wants to believe it is doing something it might argue and try the piece somewhere else until things make sense.
how do you explain magnets?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

My lord I have never read anything like it! You cannot be serious?!? Your writings make my head squirm in an uncomfortable way, this is not enlightenment....seems nearly the opposite.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not too concerned, I'm fairly certain the majority of ATS users in this thread knew from the very first post that Dragonfly isn't what s/he claims to be. If anyone is still fooled at this point, then there's no point to worrying anyway, because there's nothing we can do for them.

As one member pointed out, Hindu teachings bely the declarations made in the original post. I'd take the word of an ancient culture thousands of years in the making (with hundreds of well-tested proverbs to boot) over a random stranger on the internet.

Still it makes for some fascinating entertainment. There's nothing like watching an aspirant wiseman touting his self-perceived enlightenment for the masses. It's almost as good as Comedy Central.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
i want to become enlighted dammit!

alan watts says that meditating for years or following some path is just a waste of time designed to make you "feel that you deserve it".

so its simply "a realization" or an epiphany that suddenly occurs to you by thinking the right thoughts like, " i am awareness" or "i am the light/universe.

^^ this

Meditation does help,
But, imho, our concentration on observing what's true or not true in everyday of our life is the most important.
This realization through observing what is you and what is not you is also a form of meditation but without shutting the eyes

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
There's nothing like watching an aspirant wiseman touting his self-perceived enlightenment for the masses. It's almost as good as Comedy Central.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So did Dragonfly get tired of his/her charade and exit stage left? Or is there still some faux enlightenment left moldering in the bottom of his/her barrel that s/he might like to scrape and pass around for kicks?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Enlightenment doesn't have a schedule or a barrel bottom.

Either it's there or....

Either way... It is.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know about that. Part of me, my morbid side cannot stop seeing this train wreck unfold. Then again another part cannot stand to read anymore of those crazy pot fueled rants.

Does it end here somewhere? Who knows?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If someone is truly "enlightened", they wouldnt need to avow it publically.

Sorry grasshopper!
edit on 2/22/2013 by ctdannyd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
more, yes, complete, no

describe what you know using the vaguest words/terms possible please
edit on 22-2-2013 by DeliriumAquarium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

Why is this assumed so often? Yes, it would be nice to not be conceited/condescending but that is not a requirement for enlightenment. I'm willing to bet most people only think that for two reasons. Either they heard that from someone else and are placing too much faith in that statement or they are subtly inferring that they are enlightened by not saying it. By not saying it they can't be accused thus have nothing to prove or defend, and they still get to feel warm and fuzzy inside, especially because they took the "moral highroad".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anybody who brags about achieving enlightenment isn't enlightened.

/thread

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Proof? Or is that just based on hearsay?

Quick to stereotype,

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

STOP! I'm Buddhist and your breaking the 8 Noble truths with your stubbornness and arrogance. You self proclaimed everything, Buddha was declared the enlighten one and he meditated under a fig tree for 6 years+/-. Your nothing more than a man on the computer trying to be a keyboard warrior or take on high status without evidence or accurate knowledge but instead contradicts himself.

You remind me of this guy but instead your the ATS version of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

[ there is no 'we' there is just the I and a source from which everything comes.

So didn't 'we' go to the moon then?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Your nothing...

You were saying?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeliriumAquarium

Dulce Et Decorum Est

new topics