I claim complete enlightenment

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePhysicalExperience

Only other people could consider someone else or themselves wise or arrogant from their own unique perception. Again this is a perception for how you view your reality. There is much to understand in your very own writing.

And what did you learn about enlightenment from Dragonfly?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Only other people could consider someone else or themselves wise or arrogant from their own unique perception. Again this is a perception for how you view your reality. There is much to understand in your very own writing.

And what did you learn about enlightenment from Dragonfly?

Enlightenment is just a word or label we ascribe to ourselves or one another. What it means is what ever the individual thinks it means and It doesn't mean anything to me personally. Believe it or not this is one thing i have learned. I'm not sure if the OP is still working on this thread anymore which is a shame because they have an incredible imagination and is intelligent enough to express it. I replace enlightenment with the word "understanding" in my own thoughts and vocabulary as enlightenment suggests to me that a specific target has been reached so to speak. My understanding will have no limits while i am able to perceive anything at all so i will not allow my mind to get drunk by "drinking my own cool aid" and think its reached the "holy grail".

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yes the word enlightenment can mean different things to different people, but the op said "I claim complete enlightenment" - and I suppose this can still mean different things to different people.

However, I think many people would agree that absolute freedom from this and all worlds, given the enlightened one has realized the Reality or Truth in which all such worlds of impermanence are arising - would be a major characteristic of real enlightenment. Also, such absolute permanent happiness or freedom is how the term enlightenment is used in various spiritual traditions by various realizers.

Clearly, the words of our op did not indicate such freedom and realization. In fact ... hey, where did he go? Maybe he can shed some light on this matter - or perhaps he is getting a picture made for us after all? I hope so!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Here is my "illusory" take on this. OP got bored and created an experience for himself. Anyone threatened by the "ego aspect" simply chose not to listen and may or may not have missed out on a piece to their own puzzle in doing so. I like minds that don't conform to "group thinking" so i enjoyed whatever he had/has to say. Its really just about dealing with personal fears.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yes we can learn from various people, potentially even very deluded ones. I tried to have a conversation about what my take on his claim of complete enlightenment is, and I haven't heard anything back.

Hopefully he is not out trying to "enlighten" others ...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Enlightened people do not make posts on the internet to boast their enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Enlightenment comes with a really good feeling.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So does sex. So if I have sex a lot, does that make me enlightened?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Enlightened people do not make posts on the internet to boast their enlightenment.

Given this thread's title, and the point you make, how this thread lasted as long as it has, still somewhat amazes me.

I bet if you started a thread about this it would get way more than 16 pages given sex still sells better than all the current 1-minute enlightenment claims and promises. Combining both sex and enlightenment into one topic? Well you do the math!

One potential thread title:
1 Minute Enlightenment and Beyond 2 Minute Sex!

or maybe

1 Minute Enlightenment, 2 Minute Sex - and Beyond!

edit on 12-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

If I wanted to talk about sex and its merits, I would visit 4chan.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If I wanted to talk about sex and its merits, I would visit 4chan.

I was joking of course. It does appear that sex isn't talked much about here (the ATS Forum in general).

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

NO. But one wouldn't become neurotic according to Wilhelm Reich.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

I was joking of course. It does appear that sex isn't talked much about here (the ATS Forum in general).

That's because discussing the generality of sexual intercourse isn't exactly denying ignorance. But to steer this dangerous tangent back on topic, "good feelings" are not indicative of enlightenment. It's indicative of a release of some chemical or another through an activity that provides biological stimulation. It could be a very large range of activities at that point - snowboarding, painting, listening to music, etc...any of which could inspire something that the average mind would compare to enlightenment, but which is neither verifiable nor substantial.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I agree that "good feelings" are not the measure. In the case of real enlightenment, the realizers traditionally have spoken of transcending the body-mind, although of course the energy of Reality also has infilled many such realizers to one degree or another, and this attracted various aspirants. But they have not typically spoken about "good feelings" like you get with sex or other pleasurable activities.

In fairness to Angle though, he did say "good feeling", so I think what he may be getting at is that such a one is free in the love-bliss of Reality Itself. This has been reported as a characteristic attribute of enlightenment. Of course, there is no ego left over to be taking credit for it!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

yeah, but a feeling that is no emotional feeling.Mainly, "The feeling of consciousness/unity with God."
edit on 12-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Angle

Low frequency animal things do not relate to the actual inflooding of your soul. When that happens its profound, its also a high frequency thing. For most even awakening, its periodic, not constant, but the inner push is on, and awareness of energies, of frequencies, of purity, of the contamination around us, becomes more strong. It would be like comparing, going to an amusement park and going on a few rides, and an adrenalin rush to feeling your friends presence, stepping into a room with them and having a conversation, then he/she phones from across the world, and you pick up the conversation from where it started.

An example of noticing the energies around us, was looking out the window, at the trees and landscape and shuddered, for suddenly realized this was a congestion of condensed waves, plasma, sticky like a web, and very impure. We need to get everyone out of here.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sex is very simple folks, let me post this truth again. The only true sexuality is from opposite genders, only when male and female are together true sex can happen. But not when they are the opposite genders. Those kind of motions just do not count towards making out. It is like if love was a flashlight then it only shines that special light when using the right battery, one with a minus and plus, but not the kind which has a make believe minus and plus. That light is just fake and will never become real, so that enlightenment will never in all of eternity in all of existence become real. And we all know only in hell is where the fake lights shine forever.

As for imaginary sex, or astral sex, or soul sex, or sacred sex, that doesn't exist. First because if it existed to me and my lover it would be unknown to anyone else but her and me so it doesn't exist but in her and my existence but not in anyone elses. Second because if sex can be sacred, it will become nonsacred in the next cycle. Third because no one has achieved complete enlightenment and only two beings who have achieved that and make out would have real sex. But none of that has happened yet in none of the timelines of any being anywhere in all of existence. If it would have happened, there would be spaceships flying around Earth and we all know UFO's on planet Earth are all fake. Except for a few in a museum and a few who can barely make it into the atmosphere.

People who remote view (or remote sense, or smell, or hear) while 2 people are engaged will only see (sense, smell, hear) make believe sex because no one can look inside anothers soul or mind (and those people are bad anyway). Those who try to convince others of this are all liars. They do this for all kinds of petty reasons, mostly because of money but also in cases of possesion, when the so called psychic look to see if a spirit actually hangs on to a sperm cell. Such individuals who grow up have an extra hard time realizing true complete enlightenment because of the extra confusion. But for anyone, if true enlightenment is realized, they understand themselves and every living being in all of existence.

It's true what some say about sexuality being at the basis of a living being. It is the most simple motion to perform with the physical body yet some males do not understand some orifices are exits, not entrances. Some females have a hard time understand their empty space is to be filled with something, but not with anothers' empty space. Even those who understand can have a hard time dealing with people who are confused about other peoples' gender. I myself have had a hard time with people trying to make me (a heterosexual) believe I would be a homosexual. They've tried all their ways, trying to convince me I would be sexually attracted to the same gender, even those laughing that I just don't know that yet. Males, females, there are just so many liars out there, trying to confuse people homosexuality is to be accepted as if it were on par with heterosexuality. But they all end up in the same fake place, all alone in their own existence, playing with the shadows of reality forever, or until they understand what is truth, when they see the errors in their own programming.
edit on 12/3/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99An example of noticing the energies around us, was looking out the window, at the trees and landscape and shuddered, for suddenly realized this was a congestion of condensed waves, plasma, sticky like a web, and very impure. We need to get everyone out of here.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Before you pretend you can notice energies, you should ask all the living beings in the universe permission and prepare to be rejected by many before you do so. You may however practice on trees and plants in summer. But not in the winter, as they are hibernating and you would fool yourself, unless you know what you are doing and can see nature in it's still moment, without any motion whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
About feelings, that too is very simple to me. I imagine it like a ball of neutral energy in the center of my being with many different kinds of generators around it. Now I have my programming which detects stimuli and associates the right kind of feelings with the emerging situation. I can turn it all off and just have the joy energy generator humming for eternity. I could share my emotions with the unenlightened but they would just not understand so why should I bother.
edit on 12/3/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

As for imaginary sex, or astral sex, or soul sex, or sacred sex, that doesn't exist. First because if it existed to me and my lover it would be unknown to anyone else but her and me so it doesn't exist but in her and my existence but not in anyone elses.

So if there's a dog in my house, but not one in yours, does that mean the dog I have doesn't really exist? I find it hard to believe you really know any of this, because in order to know that, you would have to have all of existence trapped in your skull. Unless you have extraterrestrial or even divine contacts?
edit on 12-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join