It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I claim complete enlightenment

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

How can you be sure there is no one else "enlightened" as yourself? What are your thoughts on the validity of the information you receive from the Astral? To me the Astral is much like the cave on Dagobah where Luke asks Yoda whats in there and Yoda replies "only what you take with you".

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Buddhas don't "claim" complete enlightenment on forums, nor do they preach about astral realms.

That pretty much sums it up.

Move along everyone.

Originally posted by ThePhysicalExperience
reply to post by Dragonfly79

How can you be sure there is no one else "enlightened" as yourself? What are your thoughts on the validity of the information you receive from the Astral? To me the Astral is much like the cave on Dagobah where Luke asks Yoda whats in there and Yoda replies "only what you take with you".

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fevrier

If its all the same i would like to hear what the OP has to say. Who am i to dispute his claim since its of no relevance to my reality construct.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePhysicalExperience

If its all the same i would like to hear what the OP has to say. Who am i to dispute his claim since its of no relevance to my reality construct.

You've had fifteen pages of reading what the OP has to say. What has it taught you?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It has not really taught me anything so to speak but the OP has given me some ideas on how to break down complex philosophies so that people with IQ's of less than 140 can comprehend them. I am not aligned to any polarity so i don t feel uncomfortable with any information.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It has not really taught me anything so to speak but the OP has given me some ideas on how to break down complex philosophies so that people with IQ's of less than 140 can comprehend them. I am not aligned to any polarity so i don t feel uncomfortable with any information.

OP is a parrot, and his master is Google.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I respect your view point. So do you still feel the need to keep replying?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I respect your view point. So do you still feel the need to keep replying?

I'm terrified that people will actually take him seriously. Previous encounters have taught me that irrationality does evolve...
edit on 9-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You assume much. If we break it down, assume really just makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"
Sorry i just had to throw that in for comic relief

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by bb23108

Can you tell by looking at these eyes?
youtu.be...

What do you think?

Oh you got me all wrong if you believe I would play such games. I can't look into another's brain and read it, unless I abuse aliens with their technology which I'm not going to. You probably want something acknowledged, but to me the eyes are not the mirror to the soul, they are just meaningless molecules. But I don't want to be the bad guy who smashes your faith so tell me and other readers on ATS what you want others to see in those eyes. Or, you can open your own topic on guru's such as Monte Sahaja, or if you know the guy you could invite him here to ATS to post.

Read the above posts to see that I was not asking you. You got me wrong!!

I want to know bb23108s opinion on the eyes in the video to see what he/she sees in them.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You assume much. If we break it down, assume really just makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"
Sorry i just had to throw that in for comic relief

I assume nothing. The OP has given us nothing credible, no reason to believe he's anything other than an imaginative wannabe. If you see meaning in his posts, then enlightenment is not what you seek. If anything, he makes enlightenment sound absolutely pointless and ridiculous.

Again, I assume nothing. But then again, this thread has achieved nothing, as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I understand your frustration. You do not treat the imagination with the respect it deserves. One day you may come to understand this is the building block for anything. How do you think progression happens if no one imagines other possibilities?
"Sound without focus is just noise"

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I understand your frustration. You do not treat the imagination with the respect it deserves. One day you may come to understand this is the building block for anything. How do you think progression happens if no one imagines other possibilities?
"Sound without focus is just noise"

Gravity doesn't go away just because you imagine you're flying.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Im going to leave you with a quote from Mark Twain.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by bb23108

Can you tell by looking at these eyes?
youtu.be...

What do you think?

Certainly his message deserves a thorough listening to. In my opinion, his presence and eyes show that he has recognized something about Ramana Maharshi's non-dual teachings, but whether Ramana Maharshi would have acknowledged that he fully realized his teachings with the most profound understanding of having transcended the separative attention associated with the heart on the right, is another matter.

But regardless, certainly his eyes and presence reflect a very benign message, full of love and depth.

Many people these days like to talk the talk of either non-duality or other only mentally-based ideas about true enlightenment, but they do not walk the walk, and this is clearly reflected in their body-minds.

Thus, my question of the OP for his picture. If his enlightenment is altogether true, it (he) would certainly appear in this world with certain distinct characteristics, such as selflessness, love, intelligence, real discrimination - the attributes of the heart of one who continually recognizes their non-separation from Reality Itself.
edit on 9-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bb23108
I read several pages of this thread but not the whole thing. So my apologies, OP, if this has already been asked and responded to, but would you link us to a picture of you, with especially your eyes showing? A picture is worth a thousand words, you know. Actually, in this case, probably a whole lot more than a thousand.

To you a picture is worth much, to me my picture would just be a bunch of molecules, then other people imagine those molecules have all kinds of meaning, which might be true or not, that is the great mystery of life. So I'm not going to, there are tons of pictures on the internet for you to fantasize about though if that is what you want. You might also like thangkas.

I hope you can oblige as this is probably all that is necessary for some of us, as the heart tacitly recognizes true enlightenment as well as delusion.
edit on 8-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

From my point of view everyone is delusional, some a lot and some less.

Oh you got me all wrong if you believe I would play such games. I can't look into another's brain and read it, unless I abuse aliens with their technology which I'm not going to. You probably want something acknowledged, but to me the eyes are not the mirror to the soul, they are just meaningless molecules. But I don't want to be the bad guy who smashes your faith so tell me and other readers on ATS what you want others to see in those eyes. Or, you can open your own topic on guru's such as Monte Sahaja, or if you know the guy you could invite him here to ATS to post.

If any of what you have been saying is true, you seem to be having an experience of some dimension apart from this physical world, which may even appear hierarchically above this gross physical plane, and therefore, apparently senior to it.

However, your responses, and certainly your responses I am quoting, indicate that you do not understand that real enlightenment has NOTHING to do with any experience - i.e., is not dependent on experience. Truth is inherent in the recognition that we are non-separate from Reality Itself - and the more this is lived, the more the attributes of indivisible Reality come to the front of the whole body-mind/being - physical, emotion, mental, etheric, causal, spiritual.

As I said in my post to Itisnowagain, such attributes begin to take over the body-mind - unless the aspirant is looking to go out of the body-mind into some kind of experiential journey of worlds beyond this one, and not practice this Reality-recognition in the context of the world in which one's physical body-mind is appearing. This certainly appears to me to be what you are doing, and becoming very separated from the gross body-mind. By saying the eyes are just molecules, etc. - this is a very conceptual statement, devoid of love, and also an indicator of what I am saying to you is true.

Why do you think your enlightenment would not be obvious in your body-mind? Reality is indivisible, so how could your realization of Reality not also change your body-mind and/or at least be reflected in it?

Seeking elsewhere for some experience has nothing to do with enlightenment, even though it can give you a temporary sense of relief from the usual woes of the body-mind we all deal with here - but temporarily at best. Until you actually wake up to your Real Condition, you can play in whatever worlds you may find yourself in, but you will still have to deal with this one and allow the Divine Reality to shine through you here, just like anywhere else.
edit on 9-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

The difference between a wiseman and a fool is that a fool can still learn. A wiseman thinks he doesn't have to.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

The difference between a wiseman and a fool is that a fool can still learn. A wiseman thinks he doesn't have to.

So this is what an assumption is, I have never considered that a wise man would think he doesn't have anything more to learn. By making this statement you are saying; 1. You know what a wise man is and 2. you have met everyone personally. Thinking is really not that hard if one looks at what is and not what they think should be.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So this is what an assumption is, I have never considered that a wise man would think he doesn't have anything more to learn.

Those who consider themselves wise usually think so.

By making this statement you are saying; 1. You know what a wise man is and 2. you have met everyone personally. Thinking is really not that hard if one looks at what is and not what they think should be.

No, it's called arrogance. I have met arrogance in my life, certainly.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So this is what an assumption is, I have never considered that a wise man would think he doesn't have anything more to learn.

Those who consider themselves wise usually think so.

By making this statement you are saying; 1. You know what a wise man is and 2. you have met everyone personally. Thinking is really not that hard if one looks at what is and not what they think should be.

No, it's called arrogance. I have met arrogance in my life, certainly.

Only other people could consider someone else or themselves wise or arrogant from their own unique perception. Again this is a perception for how you view your reality. There is much to understand in your very own writing.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join