It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The solution thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello! this thread is for those of us who have a specific problem

I would like this thread to be a place to find a solution.

They say 2 heads are better than 1, so what can ats members pulling together do

There is always a solution, but seldom do we see it when facing it.

But from the outside of the situation or by experience it is sometimes easy to see a solution.

I ask, what is your problem!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
Hello! this thread is for those of us who have a specific problem

I would like this thread to be a place to find a solution.

They say 2 heads are better than 1, so what can ats members pulling together do

There is always a solution, but seldom do we see it when facing it.

But from the outside of the situation or by experience it is sometimes easy to see a solution.

I ask, what is your problem!!!!

Wow! here i am thinking, what a good idea to try and help those who can not help them selfes.

24 hous later and no one

out of all members here good to see every one ok! with no problems at all.

Maybe i should of started with one of my problems.

I guess it might seem a small problem, but lets start some where

Me and the wife would like to adopt a child, we have next to no money saved.
We live in montreal, quebec, canada.
We both work but still we can not save up alot of money.

If any one can help with this problem please

any and all sugestion...

what a world when you can not even help those who need it

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

The problem is, it's too open-ended. Eventually, with responses, it would be such a hodgepodge of topics, it'd be unreadable. It's harder to find (search) on a question in such a thread, than it is to simply have a thread about the specific topic of interest....at least that's my guess. It likely wasn't your intention, but this kind of thread could be seen as an attempt to grab flags, etc. and therefore have the opposite effect you were hoping for. I don't believe that was your aim, but that is likely behind the lack of responses.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wow.. what a great idea!

Perhaps if you narrowed down the topic a little It may help. What kind of survival questions would be appropriate here? I am just starting out learning Bush craft and have a bunch of holes in my skills. It would be great to have a place to come and read what others are doing and the solutions they come up with.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay

We live in montreal, quebec, canada.
We both work but still we can not save up alot of money.

If any one can help with this problem please

any and all sugestion...

A possible solution to your problem:

In Canada, you can contact Child and Family Services as well as the Foster Care system. Infants and children of all ages are open for adoption with little cost involved. CFS and Foster care are forever looking for permanent homes for these poor kids.

They put you through a homestudy and training process.
The costs to you are the legal fees and also the cost of the training process, I believe.

How long the process takes depends on what type of child you're hoping to adopt (ie: ethnicity, or waiting for a newborn infant to enter into the system, special needs, etc).

Hope that helps you in your first steps to becoming proud parents !

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Thanks for answering! cranialsponge

Small problem is a waiting list of 8...years to adopt a child in quebec.

I am 43, and the wife is 44

we did try foster care, i have a house with spare rooms, and every thing needed for a child.
small problem is, i have a criminal record for driving under the influance of alcool...

that is from when i was 20 years old... 23 years ago.. still paying for it...

how ridicoulous is that, to foster children we must have perfect record.

And to go international will cost over 10.000$ and costly trips to their country.

they want money to help the children, but when you step up to help a child good luck!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Rent the extra rooms out to save money towards the goal of adoption while at the same time giving you a chance to share a little love

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Well i toth that we could find solutions to any kind of problem we can not see a solution for..

Idea is that when you are in a situation you can not see clearly the solution,
but some one from outside that situation can sometimes see more clearly and offer a solution..

Thanks for participating.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I do not want to give love to an adult, we want to raise a child.
I do not think i could live with some body next to my room or in the basement.

But i can see what you mean.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Then why on Earth would you (OP) want to incur another, costly expense? I get it, the whole parent thing, but also consider that if you're struggling now...how will it be with the adopted child? Perhaps foster care? (then at least you get some $$$ for it as well as parenthood). Ever check into getting your record expunged?

edit on 26-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Then why on Earth would you (OP) want to incur another, costly expense? I get it, the whole parent thing, but also consider that if you're struggling now...how will it be with the adopted child? Perhaps foster care? (then at least you get some $$$ for it as well as parenthood). Ever check into getting your record expunged?

edit on 26-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I think it is costly not to have a child!
my mother is in hospital for the rest of her life, if not for me who would take care of her

who will take care of us

we are getting old to start a familly, but we bein trying for over 15 years the natural way, with no luck!

The money is not to tight, we both work, but like every one we can not seem to be able to put some aside.

expunge my record.. did do all the leg work, it cost me about 400$ for all the paper work and police check.
did all that, and when i got another paper asking for another 600$ within 10 days or some thing like that.
i got mad and said f#u, did not have any money to spare that month.

I had 3 beers 20 years ago, when drinking and driving first started to be serious..

Just seems unfair.

You see i can live without child.. but the wife is having depression about it. you know their internal clock!!

to be a foster home, we need also to accept a child with a heavy past...

we thot that with the millions of orphans we woul not have all the trouble that we are getting.
you see if the people at child services would check my life, as they surely would.

than they could see that we live a good life. i do not drink. repeat i do not drink ever...

It would seem that they have other plans for those children...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you're serious then, will have to try and get that expunge...you're older and wiser now, so maybe more success with it?

new topics

top topics

join