It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and Frankenstein run for election!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The craziness of the world in all it's glory!

This is fairly old news but thought i would like to share this with you all :

Adolf Hitler is running for election in India. So is Frankenstein.

The tiny north-east Indian state of Meghalaya has a fascination with interesting, and controversial, names and the ballot for state elections on Saturday provides proof.

See more here : www.guardian.co.uk...

Looking forward to see what post Ronald McDonald will hold?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 22-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
@ OP

From your link...

"I've never had problems obtaining a visa but I was asked many times during immigration as to why I should have such a name. I told the immigration staff I possibly didn't have a role in my naming," he said.

Haha! That was brilliant!

India played little role in the second world war, and many Indians view Hitler not as the personification of evil but as a figure of fascination.

This is true.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yep, just look at the swastika and where it originates (India, or to be more precise Indus Valley :

www.religionfacts.com...

The right-hand swastika is one of the 108 symbols of the god Vishnu as well as a symbol of the sun and of the sun god Surya. The symbol imitates in the rotation of its arms the course taken daily by the sun, which appears in the Northern Hemisphere to pass from east, then south, to west. (It is also a symbol of the sun among Native Americans.)

The left-hand swastika (called a sauvastika) usually represents the terrifying goddess Kali, night and magic. However, this form of the swastika is not "evil" and it is the form most commonly used in Buddhism.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

join