It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Execute 4 Bankers on Fraud Charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I vote we make the Us bankers pay back what they stole....
return all bonuses
invest their meager remaining savings in their own banks...

then we water board them all with lime jello

edit on 22-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Their agenda wasnt necessarrily greed. They were out to use that money to buy state owned assets in Iran. Question is where they acting on their own or on somebodies behalf?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I do not see any reference to punishing the guilty within that law, I do see that all that has been stolen must be returned to the victims though, I am not familiar with how their system works as I live in a completely different world, but I still would not trust their gov in following through with said law (based on my own gov that is), all so it would be a costly exercise/investigation, with many people involved leaving more room for corruption.

It's sad that such opportunities for people to rip off, steal and kill exist in the first place, sadder that people make the choice to do so, but we live in an imaginary world (the western world) were we feel legislation and law is king and we are no longer animals trying to survive, maybe a lil bit of back to the primitive will show the creators of this imaginary world that we remember we are animals who's main purpose is to survive not serve.

Religion is just another term for law, just another way to control the mass herd, sure a lot of the herd see religion as a safe place to be, a thing of spirituality and worship where good prevails, but they were not the ones who initially came up with the concept, they were just raised in it, brainwashed like the rest of us.

Execution is permitted within Islamic law, but for Killers not fraudsters, sounds familiar, eliminate the threat, the people who can harm and change the way people perceive the world around them whilst protecting the institutions that create money and not only support the idea of control, but take advantage of what/who is controlled.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

A bit different to the USA

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If only we could have this law in the USA as well as politicians.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

A bit different to the USA

Is this really serious???? Things have obviously become pretty bad when I'm more likely to believe that pic before going out to confirm for myself whether it is true or not.

Monday I actually was going to attempt a call to the white house regarding a completely different issue....I could kill 2 birds with one stone! And they still won't listen to the likes of little ole me...I don't have enough money to garner their attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wonder... if we can convict just one of them, can we not take them down on the RICO statutes that they surely helped write?

Irony? Poetic justice? A haiku of "screw you"?

I could go on...

Second thought... as the banks own the hospitals, which in turn own the AMA... they would have the AMA declare greed as a mental disorder, giving them an insanity defense... they could then apply for disability and pensions etc etc...
edit on 22-2-2013 by madmac5150 because: I went on...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Iran is the perfect model for america

put god back into everything and kill the infidel......bankers lawyers and politicians

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
And THEY are the backward country? I am beginning to wonder.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
this is a good place to go disinfo watching

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
If only we could have this law in the USA as well as politicians.
We, of course, dont have the Death Penalty for such Crimes.

But we DO have Proper Justice System for those Crimes, the PROBLEM is, there are 2 Sets of Laws in this COUNTRY, Thats a Fact..

You as a citizen , Cheat on your Income Tax, thats 20 years.
Big Banks Cheat on their Country, They get a Small Percentage Fine, and a Firm Finger Wagging.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You as a citizen , Cheat on your Income Tax, thats 20 years.
Big Banks Cheat on their Country, They get a Small Percentage Fine, and a Firm Finger Wagging.

And a payrise.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Sha'ria law also dictates that bankruptcy means imprisonment (see: GFC Dubai exodus). Dunno how small business will feel about that...

Then, of course, there's the whole 'severed hands for theft', female testimony being worth 1/2 of that of a male's (the same as an "infidel's"), adultery [by a woman] a capital crime, rape of a woman only triable if four male witnesses testify against the defendant...

Be careful what you wish for, disgruntled prole- you might just get it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic
Be careful what you wish for, disgruntled prole- you might just get it.

Yes .... The lynch mob mentality I am seeing on this thread is very disturbing. The blood lust is shocking. A banker is found guilty of 'fraud' ... so kill him? Really? And this is what you people want for the USA? :shk: I expect this kind of talk from the usual 'Iran can do no wrong' bunch .... but the lynch mob mentality from the rest of you is really surprising.

Death for bankers found guilty of 'fraud' ..
(paraphrase) - Iran is a role model for the USA ...

Human Rights Watch - Iran Human Rights Abuses
Amnesty International - Iran Human Rights Abuses
Rape and Sexual Abuse in Irans Prisons
Hell on Earth - Iran's Prisons
How Iran treats journalists and the media
Iran Censors Internet
More on Internet Blocking in Iran

The country is second only to Israel for the percentage of the population with Internet access in the Middle East, but strict moral values and a watchful eye over access to dissent or criticism means that around 27% of all internet sites are blocked ... In the news sector 32% of the world’s top news sites are blocked. Currently, BBC News, The Guardian, Fox News, The Huffington Post and the New York Post sites are blocked, but interestingly CNN, Reuters, The New York Times and Bloomberg are still accessible ... Iran’s history when it comes to censorship of the press is renowned. Reporters Without Borders counts press freedom violations in Iran in real time, painting a grim picture for access to information. The Committee to Protect Journalists notes that the internal crack down on journalists was particularly hard before the elections at the start of March ..

Read up. There's your roll model ...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And all those cannot be applied to the US?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

This is stupid, really folks.

Does the punishment fit the crime?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There was a death penalty for the most part of our history for corrupt bankers and it didn't help. They were still corrupt just more people died. And if you are defending a death execution for them, you are disgusting. For what? For money? You need more help then them

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think these thread shows the nature of the most of the readers here. Without any appreciation for a human beong or life whatsoever. Just a bunch of idiots.

P.S.: Idiot is a reference for people with an IQ under 30 and not the insult.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
USA Crimnal Bankers = Rewarded

Iceland Criminal Bankers = Death &/or jail

USA Criminal Bankers = Paid and Bailed out.

So who do you think has it right here?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'll probably catch he....err...purgatory for this, but so be it. The double standard implicit in this thread is, frankly, offensive to me.

I have seen threads on ATS that seek to excuse, exonerate, or rationalize every blood-soaked sociopath from Adolf Hitler to the latest school shooter. These people were, you see, actually really good people, just misunderstood / manipulated by "THEM" / victims of historical revisionism / insert wild theory-of-the-week here.

I've also seen countless threads condemning the United States for having so uncivilized an institution as the death penalty.

So....we come to this thread. Based on the reactions here, it seems that murder, and genocide are excusable moral lapses, but working in a bank or being a lawyer is considered a capital crime, and it's perfectly okay to have a death penalty, except in the U.S.

Am I missing some of the subtle nuances here?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join