It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Execute 4 Bankers on Fraud Charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am starting to like Iran more and more each day.

If a person or group does an act that effects an entire populace the punishment should be harsh.

In America we promote these fools and worship them.

Their time is limited and we all know it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Pity it boils down to taking peoples lives over money, no matter which way you spin it.

That's what needs to stop. Killing them or as punishment for any crime doesn't stop the crime. Changing currency from more important than the right to a free life, and they stop stealing everything you earn and bankrupting everyone.

Sadly, supply/demand. the demand for credit creates the supply of long term failures.. But you need that thing now. So it's easier to whack it on the card.

Only at the top of the food chain where people are earning in minutes what most of us earn a year, does profit from all of this cause the fat banker to slither around and choke the meal he's found in you.

We'll never stop being human.. and currency's worth more than human life to that slithering fat banker.

edit on 22-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I love seeing stories like these and it really puts a smile on my face knowing that somewhere out in the world, a country is willing to deal with these a/holes. Its just a shame its not mine.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No wonder the corporate and international banking scum vilify Iran with such intensity. It warms the heart to see justice served even if it's in a far away land.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Someone want to tell me what twilight zone episode im living in???

Why do I suddenly love Iran?
REALLY!?!?!

When do I get to start feeling this way about my OWN damn country???

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

We all have been in the damn twilight zone for way too long. We the people need to make our own justice, because we the people own this country and its time for some evictions.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Danbones
so you support the US system of rewarding the criminals?

I support the idea of "denying ignorance".

Or... does the idea of accurate reporting get thrown out the window in the face of murderous revenge fantasies?

well that was a solid maybe

for all we know they all had degrees in banking and finance from western universities, and we also can't say banks didn't own parts of the guilty companies...after all in the US banks can invest..getting that ptiviledge is what caused the MF Global scandal amoungst others

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Someone want to tell me what twilight zone episode im living in???

Why do I suddenly love Iran?
REALLY!?!?!

When do I get to start feeling this way about my OWN damn country???

I don't know what it is about Iran and I understand they are not perfect but everytime I hear something whether its this story, the nuclear debate or anything else, I can't help but feel that they are being as honest as they can while our leaders continue to pull the wool over our eyes. I am really doubting most of the stuff we hear coming out of that country.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There is 0 forgiveness in Islam and under Sharia law.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The majority of these replies SUCK.

Go Iran! I'll support you on ATS & and other forum I can find this topic on!

"If only the US would take a hint."

It never will.. because your all here. Your posting here.

You not telephoning your districts representatives.

Your not supporting government funded "grassroot" movement in any way but monetarily. (Which only shows how much ignorant you are)

OWS was meant to fail.

It was propaganda to make you think that even taking to the streets wont help.

The US public is incapable of pulling this off, not because we lack the means, no no..

We're pussified.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Are they going to cut off their head or what?
edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Excellent, Its not like they could make up their debt to society, put them in prison and they still cost the public, death might be a bit harsh but hey, you got to set an example, that's what my govt has taught me anyway, maybe make these fraudsters second think their next scam, It might even make them decide not to scam (doubtful), the other side is fraudsters quite often have scape goats, from this article the people involved do seem very low level, yet they are implicated by their own action, no matter how small the part they played was, it was still a part,
either way "off with their heads" and "who's next".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
well, now we know why the bankers want to invade

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wait, you mean they are going to execute them instead of giving them the key to the strongbox containing all of the taxpayer monies? Wow, how novel. Obviously the punishment is harsh, and I do not agree with it, but I think that people like this in other countries, especially America, should be imprisoned for a very long time with no special treatment. Usually punishments are not a deterrent to crime, but for people like this, who have so much to lose since they have already stolen so much, it will make them think twice, and it will cut down on the amount of crooked dealings in the system...but not by much. It will still make me feel better though.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobidinc

I have recently looked at the Iranian constitution because of another thread.. I did notice their stance towards these sorts of acts and I guess it would be relevant to put it in the thread also.

Constitution of the Islamic republic

Article 49
The government has the responsibility of confiscating all wealth accumulated through usury, usurpation, bribery, embezzlement, theft, gambling, misuse of endowments, misuse of government contracts and transactions, the sale of uncultivated lands and other resources subject to public ownership, the operation of centers of corruption, and other illicit means and sources, and restoring it to its legitimate owner; and if no such owner can be identified, it must be entrusted to the public treasury. This rule must be executed by the government with due care, after investigation and furnishing necessary evidence in accordance with the law of Islam.

Now does the Punishment come under Islamic religious law?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you live in a crook country, you shall receive the crook treatment.More riches and a small private island.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have to agree with the concept that they need to be held accountable for the harm they have inflicted on not just the US economy but the global economy.

Execution might seem extreme to some, but at least until recent times we executed people for crimes that effected single or small groups of people....but on the other hand execution could be too quick and easy of an out for them.

I am very angry in regards to the greed and fraud that led to the bank failures and ensuing bailouts. Why aren't we seeing those people who were responsible, those who benefited, and those who turned a blind eye rather than risk their McMansions by whistle blowing, being charged with such serious offenses (people are given harsh sentences for stealing far less money than they have), given a trial by jury and then sentenced to the rest of their lives in prison. Oh and as they do with drug dealers and other criminals any possessions of theirs, including financial assets, that could have assisted them in carrying out their crime should be confiscated and auctioned to the public and pension plans granted them for committing their crimes be revoked. In the event of early parole they need to be permanently barred from obtaining any employment that would require fiscal responsibility.

While physical assets such as cars, homes, art, etc could be auctioned off to the public, financial assets seized should be used to replenish the amounts expended for their bailouts.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by marg6043

If we could get our courts to do this, I'd bring cheese popcorn for everybody. We seem to do the opposite, we reward them for stealing.

Instead of bailing them out, they should be jailed... without bail!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As much as i feel this story is great that they are getting punished i am still against death penalty. "Thou shall not kill". Instead of executing them throw them in jail for the rest of there lives without bail so they can think of their crimes and hopefully come in peace with themselves. Killing them won't change anything, you are acting at the same childish level they are.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ATS is such a stupid place sometimes.

"I WANT TO SEE THEM SUFFER BEFORE BEING EXECUTED!"

"ME TOO! YEAH!"

"AGREED! WE'RE SOOOO MORALLY SUPERIOR!"

Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join