It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing but tired, tired, tired!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I just can't seem to understand it at all. I go to bed with enough time to get around seven hours, maybe more some nights. I mean, I can't help it if I fall below the seven hour mark when it comes to sleep now and again. Sometimes there's just not enough time for a full night's sleep but it's not like I make those times frequent or anything.

I just can't seem to control my energy levels lately. I don't know what's wrong with me to be honest. I'm trying to eat right so it can't be my diet that's holding me back. I just wake up every morning no matter how much sleep I've gotten and then have troubles staying awake throughout the day. It's come to the point where I need an energy drink or Mountain Dew, any other high caffeine beverage really (except for coffee, it messes with my heart ) and it's like I NEED them to make it through. Even if it's an activity I enjoy, I just can't seem to focus upon it anymore. It's like all I can think about is when I get to go back to bed in the night.

No, I'm not depressed or at least I don't think I am so I don't think that's it either. I'm only twenty so I should still have more energy than this, right? Am I just beginning to experience the wonders of getting older? If this is how it's going to be, I want off the crazy train.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
First...get rid of the sugary drinks. The sugar come-downs are only going to add to your tiredness and won't make for a restful, satisfactory night's sleep either.

Secondly - switch to water and only water. It's very likely that you're dehydrated (most people are and don't know it), which can make you feel very tired and lethargic.

Thirdly - have you had your iron levels checked? I take Spa Tone every day, I'm not sure if you can get it in the US though. It's an iron supplement - basically, iron rich water that you mix into a drink. There are many other iron supplements out there. I was having the same issues as you and as soon as I started with the iron, my energy levels went through the roof...and then some! My boyfriend tried some too and had trouble sleeping that night I think
Iron deficiency is one of the most common deficiencies in the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress

I just can't seem to understand it at all. I go to bed with enough time to get around seven hours, maybe more some nights. I mean, I can't help it if I fall below the seven hour mark when it comes to sleep now and again. Sometimes there's just not enough time for a full night's sleep but it's not like I make those times frequent or anything.

I just can't seem to control my energy levels lately. I don't know what's wrong with me to be honest. I'm trying to eat right so it can't be my diet that's holding me back. I just wake up every morning no matter how much sleep I've gotten and then have troubles staying awake throughout the day. It's come to the point where I need an energy drink or Mountain Dew, any other high caffeine beverage really (except for coffee, it messes with my heart ) and it's like I NEED them to make it through. Even if it's an activity I enjoy, I just can't seem to focus upon it anymore. It's like all I can think about is when I get to go back to bed in the night.

No, I'm not depressed or at least I don't think I am so I don't think that's it either. I'm only twenty so I should still have more energy than this, right? Am I just beginning to experience the wonders of getting older? If this is how it's going to be, I want off the crazy train.

I'm your age-ish...and DITTO! aha.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What type of mattress and pillow do you use? How old are they? My wife and I both had what we thought were good nights sleep (but got tired easily during the day) until we decided to get a new foam matress. Once we had the new this our sleep improved no end and our energy levels during the day didn't lag. We think it is to do with the support the mattress gives to the body. Combine this with the right pillow to help keep the neck, head and spine in line will also help. For now (I don't know if you already do this) turn your mattress over and top to bottom, this will allow the previous upper side to fresh itself.

Also, make sure you don't have any electrical equipment on when you go to sleep, or if you have to make sure it is away from you. Try changing the direction in which you sleep, head to the north and feet south or the other way around. Some people have told me this works, but havent as yet tried it.

Regard

IA

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Try and set your sleep schedule to increments of 3(ie. 3 hour nap, 6 or 9 hour sleep) Studies show the dream vrs. seep cycle works best on cycles of 3. I used to feel tired all the time with 7 or 8 hours but now I set my alarm to 6 hours and always wake up refreshed and energized. I can't remember where I read it but it works for me.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

First of all, congratulations on istening to your body. I would recomend that you have your blood checked. When my potassium level is low, I feel exactly like you describe. Not saying this is the cause of your problem though, but even when carefully watching what we eat, we can neglect to eat foods that contain certain vital nutrients.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thank you all for the suggestions. Yes, I suppose I could do with a bit of drinking more water than other things. Ever since I've become reliant on all of these processed sugars and caffeine for energy, my face has started breaking out like I'm a teenager again and that's just not acceptable whenever my face is normally clear.

As for the blood testing, I had a blood test probably about a year ago this time because any time I'd stand, I'd get light headed and see nothing but black in front of my vision which the doctor concluded was a type of hypotension and that I needed to find ways to up my blood pressure (For once a doctor TELLING you to up your BP! Alright!
) Whenever I got the results back, nothing was out of the ordinary then but it's hard to tell now I suppose.

Another fun new development along with being super tired is a constant ringing in my right ear that will not go away no matter what. It's like I'm hearing a high frequency sound or something. Hoping that that annoying bit of... Whatever it is goes away because it's only been happening for about a day now and it's driving me nuts!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you are in the northern hemisphere this is probably very simple. Seasonal Affective Disorder. SAD. It happens because of a lack of sunlight. Easy fix. 2000 iu's of vitamin D. That 2 small tablets. I can't get through winter without that.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah, I was thinking a bit of that as well could be coming into play. That along with funnily enough, I have trouble going to sleep at night after all of this (ha!) and take melatonin so my body's probably just chalk full of the stuff to overflow amounts which would make sense as well as to why I'm so tired as well. But yeah, northern hemisphere, nothing but cloudy skies and looking towards the next snow to arrive. Snows about three times a week now, no chance for any sun.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

If your symptoms persist and you find yourself thinking of your next nap and little else, I would ask your doctor if you're a good candidate to have a sleep study. There are numerous sleep disorders out there and I wouldn't discount it as a possibility.

top topics

join