It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama's Watch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

You're really making no sense and your racism is showing. Neoholographic hasn't said anything remotely stating that he wants sympathy or something else from you....yet you assume this because racist white people have this "blacks want reparations/stuff for free" mentality.

edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Good points and there will probably never be an equal playing field. This is because even in this day and age people are still racist. With knowledge of things like quantum mechanics and genetics racism should be seen as the dumbest thing in human history but it's still present today.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For the people that are complaining about how the article is focusing on black people being dissatisfied with Obama, when you too are angry and want to be included, keep in mind that nearly everything in the US has a white slant to it, a white viewpoint whether or not it's declared or detected because as many people have said in this thread, whites are the majority. Naturally, peoples opinions, actions, and favor will be influenced by who they are, what they know, and who is around them. If 10 percent of the articles are written with 10 percent of the population being the focus, and at least 3 quarters of the rest are generally for the majority, is that really so offensive?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by lnfideI

You're really making no sense and your racism is showing. Neoholographic hasn't said anything remotely stating that he wants sympathy or something else from you....yet you assume this because racist white people have this "blacks want reparations" mentality.

edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Exactly,!!

Nothing in the OP has to do with blacks wanting a handout or anything else. Some people still see everything through the eyes of racism.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by lnfideI

You're really making no sense and your racism is showing. Neoholographic hasn't said anything remotely that he wants sympathy or anything from you....yet you assume this because racist white people have this "blacks want reparations" mentality.

some do but i'm thinking that's because it's being artificially manipulated in the population via popular media and community leaders, who have the same bottom line as anyone else -- to live a healthy, long and happy life. we just tend to disagree with each other on how best to bring that about.

i agree with you however, that this is not a sympathy thread for blacks, this is a warning thread -- if people don't start voting with something other than their skin color, they will be manipulated into their own demise and this is not acceptable. the guys running the show are eugenicists. they are not themselves, even remotely racist. they don't believe a word of the racism they get the people under them to embrace. it's all for the end game of less people on the planet, regardless of skin color. although the caucasian population is being outbred, the eugenicists are not the slightest bit worried that white people are disappearing because, that's the bottom line -- fewer people regardless of skin color.

seems pretty transparent to me now, when i step back from it and view the big picture.
edit on 22-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know I'm the only one on the North American continent that does not care.

Guaranteed I am the only one on ATS today that does not care.

From your OP you have continually came back again and again, telling everyone things everyone know, like it is some sort of secret you are letting us in on.

I have read your posts, I do not see one word of advice and how to fix the situation for Black people, you are just pointing out that it is bad.

That would like me coming in here and telling everyone how wet the water is and that I don't like it.

All know waters wet and no one would care that I don't like it.

Here is one little tip I can give you and your peoples.

When I end up some place bad, or in a situation I do not like, I make a change, I don't tell everyone I am in a bad place and try to explain how bad it is, I vote with my feet.

I feel bad for you, your people, but I have no control over your pain on this earth.

And if it was me, I would be voting with my feet and leaving America.

Both you and me know 100% it will never work out for Africans in America as a whole.

If your blind to that, then maybe at Christmas this year you can come in and again tell us all about the problems Blacks are now (forever) facing because they voted their messiah in.

Your best bet in your OP would of been to leave the BLACK thing out of it, you chose to include it in your post, you could of just as easily said poor people, or underclass, or poverty class, but no, it was YOU who had to introduce the race thing to your discussion.

If you would of started off by saying the poor voted for Obama,and now are doing worse, then all this Black ting would of never been an issue.

Very bright indeed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

blackagendareport.com

Black folks are not only far worse off “since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies” – Africans Americans are the only group that “has taken a definitive step backwards since then.” The main reason: “lack of attention to employment in urban and rural geographic areas where Blacks reside.”

Here are two facts that may surprise many people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just to be devil's advocate, and I am not an Obama fan. However - he inherited a trillionish $ of debt, that occured as a result of Clinton's cheap housing loans and the war post 9/11 and the banks going bust, under Bush's watch.

It has hit the whole of the Western world, additionally, production is moving East as jobs go South [ metaphorically] so i think it is ridiculous to blame Obama.

You think it is a black American thing - I don't think so. Try living in parts of Spain, a previously affluent country or Greece or even Ireland. All white or white mediterranean / none African countries.

It is not about race - it is about us v them .. all of us IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

You said:

I have read your posts, I do not see one word of advice and how to fix the situation for Black people, you are just pointing out that it is bad.

Apparently you didn't read the OP as I suspected you haven't. You just saw the word black and the racist rant about blacks wanting sympathy came out.

Here's some of what I said that could make things better in the OP.

There's many problems with Obama policies and here's 2. Education and illegal immigration.

Vouchers help black children who attend some of the worst schools in the Country.

A new report from the Brookings Institution finds that school vouchers have a significant impact on the college enrollment rates of African Americans. The study tracked elementary school students who were offered tuition vouchers for private schools from the New York School Choice Scholarships Foundation. Overall, the study found that students who were part of the voucher program did not go on to enroll in college at a greater rate than students as whole. But the results showed that African American students who went to private or parochial schools under the voucher program were 24 percent more likely to enroll in college. And Black students who benefited from vouchers were twice as likely as other students to enroll in highly selective colleges and universities.

So overall, there wasn't much change but with blacks they were 24% more likely to enroll in College.

A 2009 study shows that illegal immigration hurts blacks.

The African-American unemployment rate is at 13.8 percent, according to recently released government figures, nearly twice the 7 percent jobless rate for whites. The nation’s overall unemployment rate is 7.9 percent. For Hispanics, the rate is 9.7 percent.

A 2009 study by George Borjas of Harvard University, Jeffrey Grogger of the University of Chicago and George Hanson of the University of California, San Diego, looked at 1960-2000 Census data and found that as immigrants disproportionately increased the supply of workers in a particular area, wages of African-American workers in that area fell, the employment rate declined and the incarceration rate rose.

“Our analysis suggests that a 10 percent immigration-induced increase in the supply of a particular skill group reduced the black wage by 2.5 percent, lowered the employment rate of black men by 5.9 percentage points, and increased the incarceration rate of blacks by 1.3 percentage points,” the professors wrote in the study.

I then said this.

At the end of the day blacks should play both sides because both parties are corrupt. Go to the G.O.P. and get them to move on vouchers and more border security and there will be a push for more votes for the G.O.P.

Again, you don't care about it so why are you here? It's obvious you don't care because you didn't even bother to read the OP.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

That is a bit harsh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If 43 black guys had been elected in a row, and they never even had a white opponent during this time, for 220 years, and a white guy was finally an option, are the caucasians claiming and complaining about "blacks just voting for their race" really going to tell me that they would hesitate for even a second to vote for the white guy, even if he was George W. Bush? Infidel you don't count because you are at the very least too stupid to see the obvious disconnect you have, and at the worst a plain and simple bigot.

To people passively making comments to the effect of "serves you black people right"
Sheltered. Put the shoe on the other foot. You've gone through 3 years having a president you didn't personally vote for, and because he is a very light shade of brown, this fills you with more resentment than the reason why we are here, because the whole Bush presidency was one drawn out, dummy headed scam?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

You should just ignore her - her post does not deserve a considered response, it was wholely inappropriate IMO.
It lacked logic, empathy and understanding.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by neoholographic

blackagendareport.com

Black folks are not only far worse off “since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies” – Africans Americans are the only group that “has taken a definitive step backwards since then.” The main reason: “lack of attention to employment in urban and rural geographic areas where Blacks reside.”

Here are two facts that may surprise many people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just to be devil's advocate, and I am not an Obama fan. However - he inherited a trillionish $ of debt, that occured as a result of Clinton's cheap housing loans and the war post 9/11 and the banks going bust, under Bush's watch.

It has hit the whole of the Western world, additionally, production is moving East as jobs go South [ metaphorically] so i think it is ridiculous to blame Obama.

You think it is a black American thing - I don't think so. Try living in parts of Spain, a previously affluent country or Greece or even Ireland. All white or white mediterranean / none African countries.

It is not about race - it is about us v them .. all of us IMO.

Exactly, we are ALL in the same boat, everyone but the fat rich cats of the world.

How can we unite together when we are all so divided?

And really, what can you or I do about it?

Keep pointing out the obvious day in and day out?

brilliant idea.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the media, is portraying blacks practically worshiping Obama, its no secret, the majority of Black America, literally worship Obama...

Lemme show at least one Black figure head literally calling Obama, his FATHER, and insinuating to everyone else listening to pretend he is their Father as well.

This is what he thinks and the BLACK leaders around him think.

Its really sad if you ask me.. I know the strong Black men and Women, out there are not falling for this bullcrap, and have already positioned themselves intelligently..

I did not have to look hard to find these examples. 2nd video makes allot of sense....

to many brain dead idiots running around these days...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Thank you so we do agree on this that is good

But please - try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you blanket condemn a group of people - i am sure you are very intelligent and did not mean to sound so ' harsh' in your post before this one.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
and it's all Obama's fault...right.....none of the 32 republican governors have anything to do with it...none of the majority republicans in the house have anything to do with it, none of the senators has anything to do with it, none of the black conservatives have anything to do about it.... and the OP's source???? an african-continent-centric radical website that blames Obama for ALL of the troubles of black people...it's just Obama, that is a "step-and-fetch-it" type of black person...that's the guy that has caused, and continues to cause all of the problems of black americans.....right...no problem with that line of thought

edit on 22-2-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by lnfideI

Thank you so we do agree on this that is good

But please - try to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you blanket condemn a group of people - i am sure you are very intelligent and did not mean to sound so ' harsh' in your post before this one.

Ma'am

I have walked in shoes that would make you slit your wrists.

I am not blanket condemning anyone or group, I am a realist and pointing the reality of the situation.

Sugar coating all these things will never get a result, just more BS and wasted time and efforts.

I'm 100% confused as to HOW I am expected to feel about this OP

Sad? mad? militant? violated?

Like wtf can I say about A REALITY that everyone with an IQ over 20 realizes?

Sometimes reality can be harsh, are we doing anything good for anyone when we sugar coat it?

I think not, and if that makes me harsh, then so be it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

nah, it has nothing to do with any of that..

It has to do with people voting for the figurehead, and not what is best or makes the most sense...

Obama, is not a good politician, he is a good celebrity thou..

I do not have to explain that you just did..
edit on 22-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Obama inherited debt but he also added debt and misery with his horrible policies.

So yes you can blame Obama just like I blamed Bush for his out of control borrowing and spending. For some reason people act like Obama doesn't have to take responsibility for anything.

Under Obama corporate profits are at historic highs while wages drop for the middle class and the poor. Under Obama multi-nationals are flooded with cheap dollars that they invest in emerging markets overseas and that the middle class and poor will have to pay back.

Here's Cornell West talking about the Wall Street raid under Obama. He redistributes wealth to the wealthy.

First, I'm all for people making as much money as they want. The problem is, under Obama Wall Street has been flooded with cheap money that the poor and the middle class will not benefit from and their wages are dropping.

Here's a graph showing Obamanomics and how Corporations are making off like bandits under Obama.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
and it's all Obama's fault...right.....none of the 32 republican governors have anything to do with it...none of the majority republicans in the house have anything to do with it, none of the senators has anything to do with it, none of the black conservatives have anything to do about it.... and the OP's source???? an african-continent-centric radical website that blames Obama for ALL of the troubles of black people...it's just Obama, that is a "step-and-fetch-it" type of black person...that's the guy that has caused, and continues to cause all of the problems of black americans.....right...no problem with that line of thought

I don't get why the ethnic origin of Obama should matter. Our PM is white, who cares really who cares.
Why does it matter ? We live in such a shallow / sound bite world these days it is ridiculous.

Anyway Obama is half white and half Kenyan. Not African American descent ie from slaves, who generally came from west Africa he is half East African.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

obama is not black, he's white
err beige.

anyway, this is the problem -- the democratic platform exists in a time warp in which the blacks are slaves (no mention of white slaves). it requires that time warp be readily available at the drop of a hat, so we can be nudged ever closer to our own collective genocide. no i'm not kidding. the republicans have a similar problem, but it's not as rampant, and not as direct. it's a slower genocide, so to say. these are the only options we are allowed. lol fast track or slow track, to non-existence. both suck and we all know it, but the actual solution is being withheld so that by the time it is offered we will all be so scared and bullied into submission that almost anything would seem like a drastic improvement.

it's like two steps forward, three steps back. two steps forward, three steps back. etc, you get the sensationi that your plight is improving but it just gets gradually worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join