It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

america is holding the lord of ring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Do u remember the evil speciality of the lord of ring in the film? who keeps it,he will be influence by it's evil power, he will became more and more violent.
In the real world, america has the most strong military power, has the power to destroy the earth several times,it can do anything without any other country's agreement.
look, america has the power just like the lord of ring,the power controls the other country's power(just like the other rings),some american said that's different:we american is righteous, we can do good things with the help of that power.
but,american might forget, they are just "human being",do they have the ability to resist the evil of the power? I don't think so!
The lord of ring is in the hand of america now,what can they do? own it? or destroy it?

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I hope your speaking hypothetically?

LMAO!

Nice Avatar,

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Movie...
Real life...
Movie...
Real Life..

magic rings do not exist.

Perhaps if we had an army of Super Orcs...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I often think of what the ring maybe. It makes sense, your theories.

By the way, is that avatar taken from Tariq Ali's "Clash of the Fundamentalisms"???

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"The lord of ring is in the hand of america now,what can they do? own it? or destroy it? "

yes, hire a hobbit thief (since they make some of the best rogues.) to snatch GWB's wedding ring and all the powers shall be yours young one...

VzH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Preciousssss, preciousssss, preciousss! My Preciousss........Oh my Preciousss...........My prizzze...........Give it to me.................It came to me.............My own, my love, my own, my preciousss...........You US government have stolen my preciousss.............

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by VzH]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
VzH beat me to it....

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Shneaking.....I'm not Shneaking?

One of the many wonderful phrases that my mum does to annoy the f$ck out of me!

Loved the recent films.....man..the older one (animated) creeped the hell out of me!

If GWB has the One Ring.....who has the others?

Russia...China....????????

Hmmmm?

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My granfather has one of them, a mason ring, with a red stone, a G with a compass and a square...

I think I'll pawn it
MWAH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think Abraham Virtue understood what I mean, it's a imagery,america has the power to control the whole world,in some sense.but this power must not be misapplied,this is a real world,not in novel,misapplication will lead us to the end of the earth, that is what i am worry about.
In fact,GWB is a kind man,but if he has that kind of power,he becomes uncontroled by his mind,I think.a power without supervise will lead to misusing, no matter who has it.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I, the evil elf, have the ring. And i will use it to revive elvis, create a Michael Jackson/Elvis hybrid. He will use his power to erradicate all non elves for s usper fascist elf state on earth. And the illuminati shall be my slaves

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If Democracy worked like it should, then we would all have our own little 1/1000000000000th piece of it. But we have dumb-ass leftist senators who'd rather hold 1/300th of it for us.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
I often think of what the ring maybe. It makes sense, your theories.

The ring reprsents pure power.
The more you have, the more you want. The more you'll do to keep it.
That's why even Gandalf couldn't hold it - even to use it for good is to be corrupted by it.
That's why only Frodo could be the One.
He never wanted to use it. He had no desire for power.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
If Democracy worked like it should, then we would all have our own little 1/1000000000000th piece of it. But we have dumb-ass leftist senators who'd rather hold 1/300th of it for us.

We don't live in a democracy. And anyway, True Democracy is even worse than Representative. Even though it would be nice to have a voice, nothing would get done.
500 people deciding policy do a much better job of governing than 200+million*.

That's why we have to be informed and vote.

*or whatever the US pop. is..

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Bah Fuggit, come on in....pilot's lessons did you say? Not interested in take-offs or landings did ya say?

VzH

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Lord of the Rings = Tyranical Leaders.
Resistant Hobbits = America
Gandalf (Comes bad to Aid allies in second movie) = Britian
Aragon (He said in the first movie, "I would have gone with you to the end" but didn't) = France
Boromir (Guy who takes the ring) = China
Gimli (Duarf) = Spain
Legolas = Canada (Strong Allie to the end)
Golem = North Korea

[Edited on 5/10/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You mention Canada who opted out of supporting the US in a coalition assault on Iraq, but left out Australia...the only country that has stood by the US in practically every war since WW2.

Infact, American Media has largely ignored Australia's contribution to the war on Iraq. For your information: Australian SAS were dropped the closest to baghdad and were killing and capturing Iraqis days before Bush even announced the fight was on.

Isn't it funny how people seem to forget or ignore those who do the hardest work. And then mention countries who didn't even participate.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Cargo you can blame the Media/Propaganda maggots for that mistake. Trust me, those who care, know what nations are to be held in respect. Australia is among them.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
actually.. I thought Lord of the Rings did compare to the world in many ways. There were the orcs that wanted to destroy all nature , and the natural ways of life, just as mass technology is destroying our world and creating a non existence. This is why I liked the movie/books so much.. the entire book relates to things in the world.. Just look at it that way and it makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join