It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Insane Theories About Why We Haven't Discovered Alien Life.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Only sheep haven't discovered alien life.

Just read about Majic 12 to understand what a joke on the sheep SETI is.

Majic articles compilation

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Interesting article. The 3 most likely reason imo are these:

1) Universe is simply too large for them to find us.

No,you do not know how advanced they might be, you do not know how they may travel, thus I am tired of seeing this 'they are too far to be able to reach us' - Yes just like there may be beings like humans and that do not have the technology to travel, there might be some who travel with the snap of a finger, youknow, teleport?

Why won;t you all accept more than 1 thing possible, can't you ever think everything's possible? Nooo! You have to take 1 option and this be the only possibility!
Some aliens could wiggle their nose or cross their arms and just blink to travel also.
But I think the point is not the ability to get here but how do you find us? If they do get a radio singnal or whatever, by the time they get it, we could have destoyed ourselves over pointless arguing on the internet.

...and before you yell at me, I agree with you that we simply don't know how they would travel or how they would find us.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

#1 is entirely nonsensical.

Just based on the math. If there's anything I trust more than opinion, it's math .

What math are you refering to?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We don't really have much of a recorded history and even less with our eyes open to the possibilities, if they are now, so maybe we just need to give it a little time before we draw too many conclusions

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
most of claims true

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The main reason we haven't found alien life yet is that, so far, the only place we've looked in any detail is Mars.

Europa may be a better bet, but it's further away,

Beyond that, the best we can do is spectral analysis of distant planets' atmospheres which may indicate the possibility of carbon based life but certainly wouldn't prove it.

If we're to find alien life, what we really need is cheap, faster-than-light spaceships. When we have them, then aliens will be found.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
13.7 billion years isn't very long in the cosmic scheme of things. Since third generation stars are farely recent, maybe why we haven't encountered any other alien life yet is that everyone else is less advanced than us.

On the other hand, maybe the Reapers wiped everyone else out.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
1-2-3 are all very plausible.

If they exist then I will say number 3 is the most likely it is only our ego that would make us think different.

Say an alien species did discover us just for argument sake what would we be useful as.

A. Entertainment in which case they could leave monitoring stations here and use our own satellite system.

B. Food, probably not.

C. A resource if they ever need an army hell we are nothing more than civilized apes so they just keep tabs from a distance and if they ever need fighters they will simply scoop us up and send us to battle we are pretty good for that.

D. Friendship: not on your life we are just apes.

I haven’t seen any reliable video evidence that shows they have been here but I am open to it but all I have seen is hoaxed stuff it would be great if some were to emerge. If they do visit here it would only to be to emplace monitoring equipment and maybe screw some cows maybe they like beef. Maybe they have a sense of humor and like to screw with people’s minds who know. The only way I can ever see an advanced alien race making contact with us is if they want something. Machines can be built as a workforce but we have instincts that make us fighters so if they do come expect to become cannon fodder for their war.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Interesting article. The 3 most likely reason imo are these:

1) Universe is simply too large for them to find us.
2) They don't want to interfere with us.
3) They want to remain hidden to conduct some sort of experiment perhaps related to abductions.

The Galactic Federation has a noninterference directive.

The Reticuli Network was responsible for the abductions. They are gone now.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I understand that you want to have (light hearted banter) about Aliens and Ufo's.

Shouldn't this thread be in the jokes forum...considering your source etc.

I'm just saying.

Also...perhaps...we are the aliens we seek.

edit on 22-2-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

A few civilians stumbled across a small alien and her spacecraft July 1947 in New Mexico.
Doesn't that count?

The 2nd Crash site was just a few miles from here. VLA

We discovered the Domain Expeditionary Force. Airl knew about us all the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ok - interesting, humorous, a bit tongue-in-cheek. Little substance. For those that haven't bothered to read the article the OP posted, here are the "Five Theories", plus MHO [in% probability], although I think the title is misleading: "Insane"? Why "Insane"? The article itself presents each of the five as somewhat plausible, and quotes many scientists around the world that have given one or more of these ideas some modicum of respectability. So what if they can't seem to find consensus on which one is more correct than any other. At least they are considering the possibilities - and none of them have ever referred to the other ideas as "insane".

Here 'ya go:

#5. If They Exist, They're Likely Too, Well, Alien [13%]

I don't buy this one at all, which basically presumes that aliens would nothing like us whatsoever, and in fact, be unrecognizable. Many scientists, even popular mainstream ones, like Sagan and Kaiku, have emphasized that bipedal symmetrical beings with 2 eyes, 2 arms, 2 legs are the most likely natural and most efficient form to take. Ok, a little shorter, skinnier, greener, uglier, maybe - and maybe some real off-the-wall lizard or insect types - but I think at least some, if not most, aliens would be recognizable by us as appearing similar to the common "Gray" or equivalent many have already claimed to witness.

#4. They Might Not Want to Screw Us Up [86%]

Yep - this one sounds very plausible indeed, and is quite a popular theory by many ufologists and astrobiologists alike (so why does the article consider it "insane"? I don't get that). Anyway - Trekkies will instantly recognize this as the "Prime Directive" - basically an intergalactic hands-off policy. Sounds reasonable to me. Put yourself in their shoes. I think Gene Roddenberry may have gotten this one right (but some of his other horny, smart-alek aliens were way off-the-mark). But rather than not wanting to "scrw us up", I think it more likely the 'observers' are waiting to see if 'screw ourselves up' - (see #2 below).

#3. We Might Not Be Worth the Aliens' Time [04%]

Maybe. But I rather think that Earth is "special" somehow - just can't seem to shake that feeling. I know, it's anthropocentric and I'm a biased human and all - so what. I think we have a very unique set of circumstances here on Earth - and abundant diversity of life, immense quantities of water, rich resources, a very thick, stable atmosphere, etc., etc. Just my opinion - but I believe Aliens are falling all over themselves trying to study this fantastic laboratory of a planet - as discreetly as possible...

#2. We'd All Be Dead by the Time It Happens [17%]

The authors make a compelling argument here, although they emphasize the wrong premise. My fear is that this will be accurate for a different reason: Idiotic warlike human species self-annihilates before we ever discover if we can make our own galactic discoveries! (see #4 above)

#1. Aliens May Not Exist at All [50-50%]

I'll probably get heat for this one (%), but let's be honest: after all these years of searching and speculating, and conspiracy-accusing, and fuzzy little specs of grainy light on ATS - nothing. Maybe we ARE alone. Maybe not. My take on this is that as a species, humans better try and figure out which one it is ASAP, because EITHER answer means profound changes and adjustments are need on this planet and for all of humanity. if we are not alone - then let's get cracking and go meet these guys and join the 'federation' already! We need to learn, expand our knowledge, evolve! I f we are alone, then let's get cracking and get out there already! We need to learn, expand, grow, evolve! We need to procreate and seed the galaxy, perhaps the universe, and we need to get started on this ASAP! Why? Don't you see? because if we ARE alone and we kill ourselves off, or a global pandemic kills us off, or a global natural catastrophe kills us of (asteroid, sunflare, whatever), or a stupid global thermonuclear war kills us off - then what? NOTHING, that's what!

We must perpetuate the human species! Whether we are alone or part of a teeming menagerie of sentient beings in the cosmos - it's time to GET OUT THERE!

Phew! Oops; sorry - got a little off-topic... Anyway - thanks for posting OP.
if nothing else, it at least made a few more good folks on THIS planet think about our collective future a bit...

edit on 2/22/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Ok - interesting, humorous, a bit tongue-in-cheek. Little substance. For those that haven't bothered to read the article the OP posted, here are the "Five Theories", plus MHO [in% probability], although I think the title is misleading: "Insane"? Why "Insane"? The article itself presents each of the five as somewhat plausible, and quotes many scientists around the world that have given one or more of these ideas some modicum of respectability. So what if they can't seem to find consensus on which one is more correct than any other. At least they are considering the possibilities - and none of them have ever referred to the other ideas as "insane".

Pretty sure that was the "tongue-in-cheek" aspect. They are not at all insane,but perfectly reasonable. I read it as five "insane" theories.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by caladonea

A few civilians stumbled across a small alien and her spacecraft July 1947 in New Mexico.
Doesn't that count?

The 2nd Crash site was just a few miles from here. VLA

We discovered the Domain Expeditionary Force. Airl knew about us all the time.

Show pictures or it didn’t happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The article didn't think of these.

1) They are already here, observing, collecting data.

2) We don't detect any 'intelligent' EM signals, because they don't want us to and actively filter what reaches us, so we only detect natural signals.

3) We are a quarantined species. Humanity got too big for it's boots thousands of years ago, threw it's weight around in the nearby galaxy and pissed off a lot of other, tougher species in the process..we got our butts handed to us on a plate, now we are in the cosmic equivalent of solitary confinement, no outside recreation, no phone calls and interstellar technology allowed...which is the reason for numbers 1 and 2.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We have discovered alien bacteria but I believe that the government/governments just do not want to admit that aliens exist because if they do it would cause mass hysteria and panic all over the world hence leading the world harder to control us.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think this alien invasion to earth is a natural thing an what we call aliens is probably our real ancestors from another planet

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ace666
I think this alien invasion to earth is a natural thing an what we call aliens is probably our real ancestors from another planet
just think about it if we only new the truth not being brained washed by the higher up lol our reasons here dont just start from this planet...!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We humans are much more intelligent than tigers. But we can't communicate in any nuanced way with them. When we engage in catch and release programs with tigers, we try to be respectful of them, not hurt them, and not interfere dramatically with their lives. But the tiger has no idea what we did, why we did it, and even that it was benign.

Couldn't aliens have the same problem dealing with humans? Maybe they'd like to clearly explain everything to us. They just cannot figure out how to do it. Or, perhaps due to their own hubris, they may even think they have.

There is even evidence of this in some abduction encounters. The aliens/visitors have been shown to have difficulty using our language, becoming puzzled by things like tense and object and predicate relationships. And there is also indication that some of them are better at communicating with us than others. But these might just be equivalent to "horse whisperers". They have a better understanding of how to communicate with us, but it's still rather crude.

So much in communication relates to frames of reference. And we may simply not share enough of those to make substantive communication possible.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Moresby because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well, Gerald Anderson didn't have a camera but he explains the events of that day very well.
Listen for yourself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join