It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Childish idealisms of self and equality.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Its not darkness we return to. That is the thing. You don't understand. Our souls are a type of Light. what exists IS, and in more colors than we can ever perceive, as consciousness grows, there is more: more expansion and frequencies.

In reality there isn't really darkness.

Light is not all garish as seen in day. Is full spectrum and streams of energy, whereas you need to reach for the subtle and higher streams, the urges to love and kindness.

When we're speaking about light and darkness, the odd thing is, what is in reality, in truth, is energy, infinite variety and types, some animate and some inanimate. Some that can be molded like clay. Some programmed like computers. Souls are a kind of energy. We're like rays of light or the sun, or electricity in a sense. But that is a different type of energy and frequency than our souls.

You keep talking about darkness which is not real. Darkness is an illusion and doesnt really exist.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The nothing is and the all is - simultaneously, always presently.
Nothing Is everything Is = Isis.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So when you refer to the source, what is it exactly you are speaking about? What does that look like to you?

For some reason, it reminds me of being in a mother's womb before being born (dark).

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Deep sleep.
No thingness.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
However deep sleep is just an idea arising in wakefulness.
Nothing arises in deep sleep. 'Who' could ever know that?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

This is a good question, I think that duality is actually a hindrance to being able to analyze a situation - that is fairly factual, actually - our minds make patterns in order to make snap decisions, but those decisions are definitely less accurate than ones based upon realistic analysis.

As for idealism, that is a problem. See, people who are idealists are using duality - even liberal atheists - and that's the problem. If you think about it, the battle in Washington D.C. is all about ideals but no one is really thinking in practical terms.

When you have an idealist, like Stalin or Hitler, things to tend to go badly, because that person will try to mold the human race into their ideal instead of working with the human race - this tends to go badly, because humans are humans and idealistic views of them don't change that.

The only way to attempt to change the way humans think is to have a huge military presence, drones, a surveillance system... basically all evidence goes to show that our government is going to try and push some unrealistic ideology on us.
edit on 22-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

There are other ways to change how humans think. You can reason, debate and argue with them, you can't push your ideology onto someone without force but if someone is willing to listen for some reason or another, then they are open to change. Then if they are convinced of your opinion they will change and spread it further, every ideology and religion has it's roots in this, unfortunately some of it usually gets corrupted or misunderstood at some point and then used for the wrong reasons.

edit on 22/2/2013 by Konoyaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

Only at breaking point will the person give in. When the suffering of being human becomes to heavy a weight to carry will one be lifted.

The egoless state (enlightenment) is the dropping of the illusion.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, it starts as a child were you get preconceived notions about something, usually from someone else but they can be reasoned out or replaced by something worse depending on the person the child speaks to. When this has happened a few times it gets easier to change your thoughts about something.

I feel that I change my thoughts about how I should think almost daily, if I think something is reasonable I take into myself. They are very minor changes now days though. It's harder in the beginning when your whole world is upset because someone introduces you to a whole new way of thinking, that you didn't know existed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well, you did a much better job of stating human nature than I did.

Idealists fight it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You keep talking about darkness which is not real. Darkness is an illusion and doesnt really exist.

You see the illusion must come to an end, this fanatasy. You are as much of the light as the light is you. You can try but you will never be able to escape that which is you.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konoyaro

There are other ways to change how humans think. You can reason, debate and argue with them, you can't push your ideology onto someone without force but if someone is willing to listen for some reason or another, then they are open to change. Then if they are convinced of your opinion they will change and spread it further, every ideology and religion has it's roots in this, unfortunately some of it usually gets corrupted or misunderstood at some point and then used for the wrong reasons.

That is a healthy manner in which to change the way humans think! : )

However, if the person is so sure of his or her ways that he or she is not willing to take in new content and modify their world-view or understand other perspectives, then this leads to a problem as well. I know I have a problem with this, as do most people, I would assume. Corruption and misunderstanding are also detrimental, as you mentioned.

I do agree though! Totally!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yeah, that of course can be a problem. The people debating arguing has to lay out problems for each other concerning their views to determine which is more reasonable, both have to be open to winning or losing
I don't like losing but when it happens I admit to it. But the more you lose the more you win it seems.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Light and dark is a duality born from the duality of self and other.

The ego of self; desires balance and fairness, the ego consciousness declares itself as just and fair. When the ego of self sees unbalance in nature, it creates unfairness between self and other, just and unjust, good and evil, light and dark. This self supported creation of dualistic delusion; sees suffering, creates suffering, supports suffering.

In the same way, if someone identifies with being an American, then they will self identify with all the problems and sufferings facing America. Similarly if someone identifies with being Australian then they will identify the problems and sufferings of Australia as theirs as well.

Now we have two separate individuals; they both started out a just simply human exactly the same. Now they have different nationalities, and face all the issues in regard to their respective nationalities. This dualism of nationality we just created has separated these two individuals, not only by continent by by beliefs and problems associated with the nations. If the American and Australian are both starving and a Canadian feeds the American and not the Australian, then the balance of fairness has tipped. The Australian is still starving while now the American thanks to the Canadian is no longer starving.

If the Canadian does not also feed the Australian; then the Australian will see the Canadian as evil. The American will defend the Canadian and say the Canadian is not evil they are good, I am no longer starving. The Australian still disagrees. The Canadian says I would feed you too; but I have no boat or airplane and neither does the American. The Australian says I have boats and planes! The Canadian says well, come here and I'll feed you. So the Australian goes and gets fed, no longer hungry and the Canadian no longer evil.

Light and dark...is just another illusion. The Canadian was never evil nor were they ever good; they just offered what they had available in both cases. Did they have to offer? No. Would they be evil if they didn't offer to either? No.

To both the Canadian and the American hunger was the poison making them both suffer. In much the same way as hunger is an individual problem so is everything else; we share all of the same basic problems as a living being, but light and dark are an individual duality we see with a self. There is no inherent good or inherent evil within or without; they are mere projections of a dualistic nature of an identified self, that usually seeks balance everywhere else but within.

If you ingest poison and the cure is to vomit it out; are you going to instead eat more of it, instead try to find out why it had poison, instead blame poison for being poison in the first place, instead regret eating the poison, instead blame another for the poison...or simply vomit it out? Light and dark, good and evil...trying to find a cure for the poison by looking anywhere except from within will leave yourself long dead from the poison first.

When you get the urge to point the finger at someone else for the poison; turn the finger back around on yourself...because you're the one creating the enemy by projecting illusions.

A good example of projecting. Islam was once a very peaceful religion on a whole; they had the concept of Jihad then too. Over time factions split and now Islam is looked at as an evil repressive religion. So what has changed? Jihad was a holy war that was meant to take place within ones own self; Jihad since then has been instead turned outward and projected on things not the self. There is still an exit in that path; but illusion has covered it up. The same goes for many exits in many religions; the self created by duality is the real enemy, and what perpetuates all suffering.

Childish? Idealism? is only a finger pointing at another instead of the exit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join