It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree its a heart wrenching video and that humans need to do a better job in eliminating a lot of the waste we produce but...

...Part of me feels that this is a "humans are responsible for the destruction of the earth so lets get rid of humans" type video. Believe it or not but there is a strong eugenics movement that uses propaganda like this video to promote the belief that us humans are the main cause behind the climate change hoax. They also believe that in order to save the earth from some fake man-made catastrophy, 90% of the earth's human population needs to be eliminated.

So before you get all teary-eyed for the poor sea gulls remember that stuff like this is used to sway opinions towards a deeper and darker agenda. And if you agree that 90% of the world's population needs to be destroyed then why dont you do us all a favor and start with yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Good job humans.
Good job capitalism.
Good job failed democracy.
Good job consumerism.
Good job everything related to humans.

I give humans another 3000-4000 years to live at this rate then we will go extinct and lets hope the chimpanze will evolve to be a better intelligent creature.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Grayeagle. In my reply I said what I did because I had misread your post. At first I swear it said you would be glad I was dead before that world arrived. My response was in tune with this. Sorry mate!

I am sorry, I wish you a long and happy life friend!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I hate the fact that us Humans are gifted with so much intelligence yet we do more bad than we do good. We're all guilty of this. I always think about all the trash we dispose into the ocean. So much stuff being wasted. I know it's not easy to change the way we live. In the end when we cause our own death Mother Earth will rebuild.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's not just the Pacific we pollute everything. I'm a sportsman and do a lot of fishing. I live in Michigan and I've seen some pretty disturbing stuff in our own water ways. We have beaches on Lake St Clair that we can't even swim in because of ecoli. The great lakes are one of our most valuable natural resources in this this country but yet we continue to destroy them. We have major sewage problems and dump raw sewage into the lakes. My grandmother lives near a river that dumps into LSC. In the summer the smell of raw poo is horrible when driving over the river. Our water plant is down stream from this river. I was fishing in the river a few years ago and it started raining. I watched a line of turds over a mile long floating down the river. I could go on and on but I'll keep it short. It's disturbing to know what we're doing to the planet. It happens closer to home then you think.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
It's not just the Pacific we pollute everything. I'm a sportsman and do a lot of fishing. I live in Michigan and I've seen some pretty disturbing stuff in our own water ways. We have beaches on Lake St Clair that we can't even swim in because of ecoli. The great lakes are one of our most valuable natural resources in this this country but yet we continue to destroy them. We have major sewage problems and dump raw sewage into the lakes. My grandmother lives near a river that dumps into LSC. In the summer the smell of raw poo is horrible when driving over the river. Our water plant is down stream from this river. I was fishing in the river a few years ago and it started raining. I watched a line of turds over a mile long floating down the river. I could go on and on but I'll keep it short. It's disturbing to know what we're doing to the planet. It happens closer to home then you think.

Well......I WAS eating beef stew

You do have a point though, it is amazing how many waterways are polluted by raw sewage finding them. Too many people with the attitude "out of sight, out of mind".

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
hmmmm....

"This video is about an island in the ocean at 2000 km from any other coast line. "

That's just too vague for me to feel 100% confident that this is legit. I'm in no way trying to evade accountability for what happens to this planet, but this gives off a faint stench of hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
When I watched this, no words came to mind, just a memory:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

We all know now how we have to feel about this message...and we can weep all day about this, But the most important question is how can we restore the beauty of this Island by removing all that filth ??????

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
thats not really true. the truth of the matter is, trash has been floating around the globe for decades way before 2011. just watch some old episode's of les stroud or any other survival shows for that matter and u will see. also, if u go to the beach any where on the globe and walk to a section where there is no people u will also see lots of thrash build-up simply, because no one cleans those areas.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by agoiada
thats not really true. the truth of the matter is, trash has been floating around the globe for decades way before 2011. just watch some old episode's of les stroud or any other survival shows for that matter and u will see. also, if u go to the beach any where on the globe and walk to a section where there is no people u will also see lots of thrash build-up simply, because no one cleans those areas.

i like to add that sadly most of the junk floating in the worlds oceans are all recyclable stuff.....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hate when people try to put the blame on the entire human race. Guys, not all of us are like this just remember that. There are still those who care greatly for the planet but sadly not enough to make an impact here in NA.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by agoiada

Exactly what I have been saying. This issue has been around for donkeys years, longer than I have been alive, longer than my MOTHER has been alive. Ever since mankind started living in great numbers, in concentrated areas, there have been issues surrounding what we do with our waste, and some of the earliest waste disposal systems in history, involved chucking it in a river, either directly or indirectly.

Now we have a pacific trash vortex, that somehow absorbs our detritus into its mass, and keeps growing. We have seagull babies full of plastics, and sharks and gators full of road signs, discarded body parts and shopping carts, ducks and swans choking to death on the plastic rings from six packs of cheap booze, and fish and water animals dying because of the polution of the waterways with industrical chemicals, sewage, and decomposing rubbish. But these things have been happening for generations, and although there have been efforts in recent decades (which amounted to little more than lip service) to clean up, to restrict the damage we do, they have never proven enough.

However, for those who believe that even to our own detriment we should act to stop this, I disagree. The human race, as all species on the planet has responsibilities. First, each to his or her own familial group, to ensure thier immediate safety and ability to eat and stay alive, second, to neighbors to help them where possible and support other members of the species, and a far off third, to the rest of the animal kingdom and by extention the planet itself. Now, humanity may require a healthy habitat to live in, but there must be no talk of depopulation (as bought up by other posters). If it costs the earth for mankind to survive, then that is the cost, and I for one would write the check right now, for all our warts and failings taken into account, we are also amazing and wonderful in our way, and worth the sacrifice.

That said, I do not believe for one single solitary second, that the sacrifice of the rest of the planet is necessary for the survival of mankind, nor do I believe that mankind must perish in vast number to protect the wildlife. These extremist scenarios are mere products of the minds of academics who have little better to do, and too much respect to be argued with. They are however, completely flawed.

As a quick aside, I am a metalhead... that needs to be understood. An island two thousand kilometres from the nearest other person, where death hides under every plesant fern, is pretty much right up my street. Only the addition of a hotel run by silverback gorillas in armour, with walls constructed from the stretched out skin of the UK Conservative party membership, would make that island more perfect for me. That of course, and the addition of a barbeque pit and a herd of Angus cows.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I bet animals can't wait for humans to die off so they can enjoy the world without......(insert the extra long list here)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

...Part of me feels that this is a "humans are responsible for the destruction of the earth so lets get rid of humans" type video. Believe it or not but there is a strong eugenics movement that uses propaganda like this video to promote the belief that us humans are the main cause behind the climate change hoax. They also believe that in order to save the earth from some fake man-made catastrophy, 90% of the earth's human population needs to be eliminated.

Agreed...I was thinking the same thing once I could seperate myself from the sheer emotion of the beauty/agony. If this were truly "altruistic" in nature this video should come full circle. If we are part of the problem we can be a bigger part of the solution....I am sure there are clean up efforts underway, why not acknowledge that as well and try to get people involved? Maybe show a shot of nets trying to sweep some of this stuff out of the ocean. This video could do that, instead it aims at making you feel guilty for even existing at all. Not saying the video is false just that it seems to pursue its agenda from a very narrow perspective; one with perhaps a different agenda.

The video is an eye opener nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
with all the enrichments, the rich have gain themselves like most of the trash you see on this Island! and I mean fabrics who made the plastics ,They should reach out to clean this up because the ceo's of the same trash that you see ,they earned so much money with that ,that they can clean up this Island multiple times..So why don't they ?

And where the f...k is Greenpeace when you needed them?
edit on 23-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I can't watch it. I just can't. It breaks my heart. I've seen the photos from there. I just can't watch it. I'm so tired of seeing all the hell and pain and death in the world thrown in my face when I can't do anything about it.

Calgarian, - it isn't you - and I do appreciate you doing your part to bring this information to people. But what in the *bleep* are we supposed to do about it? I don't toss garbage into the sea. Good for me. But that's not enough is it! I just don't know. It's this very things that's changed my mind to appreciating the belief humans as a species do need to be blown off the face of the map. Let nature heal. If there happens to be one or two people left to carry on then hopefully they'll do it right next time. NO OFFENCE to you Calgarian!

On another note - I believe nature will prevail.

I read a research paper about swallows in England. They learned to peck the top off of the milk jugs left on the doorstep by the milkman. Of course then the birds would drink the milk. Rupert Sheldrake (the man who did the research) noticed when the milk delivery was interrupted for more than enough time for these birds to die and their children reach maturity - and then the milk deliveries were continued? The next generation knew to peck through the foil to drink the milk - exhibiting innate not learned behavior.

My point? Maybe these parent birds who’re (forgive me) dense enough to eat lighters and flip tops? Maybe their offspring perishing is the best for the species as a whole. Nature’s way of weeding out the stupid birds. The birds/parents who don’t eat the plastic crap? Their babies will grow, mature, mate and - yes, natures way of surviving - they’ll do all without eating plastic.

Ok, so I’m looking for the silver lining! Does that mean the world should just continue to crap in the ocean and poo on the shore? No. But it is a little bit of hope. And we need hope.

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

Not much of a nature lover are you?

So no problem for you then if seabirds suffer needlessly agonizing deaths - rest easy

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I accept your apology and all is forgiven. I am from Lakota Sioux heritage and the earth is very important to me. I believe the earth and all living creatures are to be valued and appreciated. I believe there is a growing number of people that are becoming more sensitive to that thought.

I continue to hold out hope that we can live in more harmony. I realize we all live at the expense of others and that the dark side of human nature is never full or satisfied. Peace to you and may you also have a long and happy life.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We were vacationing on Belize Key Ambergris - at the eastern edge the cruise ships dump the garbage beyond the reef - but it finds it's way to the beach - ugly stuff - not too many tourists would ever see this unless you take a boat ride around the island.

you'd think there would be some better way for cruise ships to get rid of the garbage.

i recommend staying on Ambergris - very cool reef for divers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join