It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This poor turtle is deformed and could have died because he was trapped in a plastic ring.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by DaTroof

Over just a dozen or so generations the birds who do not eat plastic or are better suited to processing it will dominate the gene pool. Life advances by means of the most brutal struggle friend. I am certain similar scenarios have played out millions of times in the Earth's history. Ask yourself how birds know instinctually not to eat poison plants or bugs etc...

P.S. The only good whale is a dead one! We must master these natural systems not remain dependent upon the fragile and doomed natural order. If species do not serve a need and they give way, then that's what zoos are for! The whole of the planet should be used for the single purpose of supporting human life! Mankind should strive for the technology to completely manage our oceans, atmosphere etc... A population so large that is forces mankind to new worlds should be our goal!

The technology required to support 500 billion humans would see the Earth completely managed, and would require mankind to seek resources from other worlds thereby eliminating the single point failure that is Mother Earth. It is the only path to long term survival for our species.

Depopulation is an idiots dream! Try as you might the notion of humans hurting planet Earth is entirely fictional. There are countless events in Earth’s history that make the entire history of human impact seem trivial.

One thing is certain for this species of bird and that is exstinction will find them. It has nothing to do with humans. They are doomed in the long term, unless by some miracle mankind endures and they survive in a zoo or similar.

That sir is da troof, and is common sense! Properly managed oceans can both feed and fuel a population of a trillion+. If you divided the oceans equally, every Human on the planet would have 6 billion gallons+!

It is not politically correct to say, but the point is Mankind can endure if they choose to do so.. The Earth is indeed bigger than you and I, but its natural systems and weaker life forms etc.. should not be viewed as more important than the existence of our own species.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Well DONKEY, I think most humankind agree with you completely.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I hope so!

Would, a world completely managed by humankind be clean and full of natural beauty. I would like to think it would be. Even if it was a sess pool as long as it supported a population which saw our long term survival ensured it would not matter much would it?

It is not by the principles of humanity that mankind lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world! But rather by domination and control of all things required for our survival!
edit on 22-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

just a reminder....

due to the nature of the video, I would suggest NOT posting any disturbing images from the video.....

You are responsible for your own posts.

You don't think it's okay to post a picture of a dead bird? That's too disturbing for ATS? Six year old kids poke dead birds with sticks. "Inside nature's giants" must be the ultimate horror show for you.

Yes, let's not post pictures of reality and what is happening because seeing a dead bird might upset someone..

People should know and see what is happening. Especially if they can't watch this video.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

Yes no disturbing images, can't have people getting disturbed over what we do now can we? Can't watch the process of an animals life from birth to the slaughter house and the pitiful existence of creature whose face is sliced off for easier handling while growing for your table please...just don't upset the humans with your photos!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Quote:-"It is not politically correct to say, but the point is Mankind can endure if they choose to do so.. The Earth is indeed bigger than you and I, but its natural systems and weaker life forms etc.. should not be viewed as more important than the existence of our own species."

i am sure it would not matter a damn to the universe whether we survive or not. it will still endure with or without this species known as human, or cancel us and try again.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gtr003121
I've never felt so ashamed in my life. I want to go there and help clean it up.

Take plenty of fresh underwear, get a sea sickness patch, and hold on. The South Pacific is no place for a tin horn.

You will beat to weather pinching the whole way, after 7 days you'll be so beat up you'll wish for death, if your in a double ended blue-water cruiser, you'll hobby horse the whole way, if not you'll be wet from low free-board the whole way.

Lets just say your boat can beat to weather the whole 2200 miles from HI, plan on 30 plus days.

You'll be in no shape or mood to clean up plastic once you get there that I assure you.

Your better off finding some form of already set up system to deal with it, and contribute $ to the cause.

AND BOYCOTT plastics, and we all know that wont happen now will it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Occams Razor = Georgia Guidstones

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Originally posted by Donahue
if you cant even watch a video that's not even 4 minutes long you have A.D.D.

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

What about mosquitoes? I find them useless and the most annoying to take the number one spot.

I was extremely surprised while watching this video. I seen a lighter and was like.. what? a lighter? We must be more conscious of the fact that what we do will always have a consequence around the world. Be it bad or good. Be it little or big.

And yet the mosquito is the base food for fish and frogs and birds everywhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I would say a large part of that refuse is from the Fukishima Tsunami, where are all these Self-Righteous fools that belong to PETA and the Sierra Club, do they do "Hands On" or just Talk and collect Money?
edit on 22-2-2013 by Boomer1941 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Yet people get angry when I say there needs to be LESS of us one way or another, we are killing the planet!

Wish people would watch the movie Avatar again, get an idea where we are going and what we lose by thinking humans and our great inventions are the best of all things!

And yes I would not mind being one of our multiplying species who dies if it meant saving the planet.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

There does NOT need to be less of us, overpopulation is not the cause. The cause IS undereducation. People need to realize what we do to our environment and take the appropriate steps to keep it clean and in our current situation clean it up. If we allow people to remain ignorant users is it any wonder our world becomes a cesspit?

People need to be educated and be active participants in the maintenance of our world. Wildlife preservation and environmental preservation should never be too expensive to offer our support to. Our own governments fail us because the technology is there to make the world practically pollution free, we won't make it that way because of greed and it's "expense". Anything that is not bio-degradable or is radioactive should be put on rockets and launched into the sun. The simple fact is that the technology is there but it is not cost effective to do. Kind of makes you how far our pollution needs to go before it does become "cost effective".
edit on 22-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Whatever is going on, it's not directly attributable to the tsunami.This story is pre tsunami,

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I guess the Dr White in this link should be mightily embarrassed by the OP's video linked or otherwise, should she ever see it??

Thanks to the OP for bringing us this.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This makes me sick. One of these days planet Earth is gonna shake us all off like fleas. I would start with banning plasitc bottles for one, most of all plastic water bottles. What a complete waste of natural resources.

When I grew up, there were no plastic bottles, let alone plastic water bottles. You got the little ones, they are the biggest joke. I take like 3 gulps and it's gone, and you just throw it away? Well, I don't but many do. Then you got the bottle caps too to deal with as well. Atleast glass sinks, not that it solves the problem of trashing and raping the environment.

A simple solution, buy your own personal water bottle and they can put water machines, like they already have, wherever they want to sell water, and you fill yours up. Go to the grocery store, fill your big bottle. Want a small one on the way to work, fill it at the gas station's mini mart's water machine. Put them any place that would normally sell bottled water. You got the space, cause the cooler will be empty.

Does anyone have any idea how many of these bottles are thrown out in just one single day? This is stupidity at it's finest, and it's all about greed. We are sucking this Planet dry, and there is no logical reason for such wastefulness.

If they are even around, future people will look back at are selfish, Irresponsible gluttony with utter digust. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sorry but this type of video and the reactions to it are so cliched & it won't make your average person from changing their habits. Petroleum based plastics are a scourge and we really need to be looking at alternative methods of creating plastics. It's time to look at hemp oil as an alternative as it's easily reproduced & biodegradable.
Onto the video itself. I'm sorry but seagulls are dumb scavengers that eat anything, you wouldn't find a puffin or other type of sea bird eating plastic. Seagulls are aggressive as well and often drive other sea birds away, I live in a city on the coast and these birds are nightmare, they steal food out of peoples hands, I've been stalked walking along with a burger. There's even a video on youtube of a seagull that frequents a shop in my city and it steals packets of crisps regularly. They also attack you when you are walking down the road if you are in the vicinity of their nests.
I hate them with a passion, horrible creatures that only exist to eat and breed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow
I had no idea a bird could eat so many bottle caps
Really is disturbing

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Human beings are a virus on an
otherwise healthy and beautiful planet.

Where is the Antivirus?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
Sorry but this type of video and the reactions to it are so cliched & it won't make your average person from changing their habits. Petroleum based plastics are a scourge and we really need to be looking at alternative methods of creating plastics. It's time to look at hemp oil as an alternative as it's easily reproduced & biodegradable.
Onto the video itself. I'm sorry but seagulls are dumb scavengers that eat anything, you wouldn't find a puffin or other type of sea bird eating plastic. Seagulls are aggressive as well and often drive other sea birds away, I live in a city on the coast and these birds are nightmare, they steal food out of peoples hands, I've been stalked walking along with a burger. There's even a video on youtube of a seagull that frequents a shop in my city and it steals packets of crisps regularly. They also attack you when you are walking down the road if you are in the vicinity of their nests.
I hate them with a passion, horrible creatures that only exist to eat and breed.

By that you mean they are almost human!
The seagulls around my place are much less threatening, and will sit on the roof of my car if they so please..about the only time they don't shiite on it. The last thing though, and by your own reckoning, is that they are not dumb.

edit on 22-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thank you for an informative post. People need to be aware of what happens to their trash.
Everything we toss without thinking effects life for others in a bad way. Enjoy reading all your other posts.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
if you cant even watch a video that's not even 4 minutes long you have A.D.D.

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

On a third note. Humans are arguably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Quote:-"It is not politically correct to say, but the point is Mankind can endure if they choose to do so.. The Earth is indeed bigger than you and I, but its natural systems and weaker life forms etc.. should not be viewed as more important than the existence of our own species."

i am sure it would not matter a damn to the universe whether we survive or not. it will still endure with or without this species known as human, or cancel us and try again.

All creatures should be considered equal and not judged by size and whether we think they are intelligent or not in my view. Most do little damage compared to humans most do nothing but good.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Some people can't watch videos, some people don't have the patience, we'd rather read and see pictures if they are necessary to get a message across.

I say birds being cut open with plastic inside. Not sure what the story is about...

It's about birds being cut open and them being full of plastic. What do think it's about? Who do you think made the plastic? How do you think it got there. How do you think the birds died? Do you think?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join