It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
if you cant even watch a video that's not even 4 minutes long you have A.D.D.

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

I'm sorry to say so Donahue, but i disagree with you about the seagulls being the most annoying waste of space animal on this planet.

Not sure if you watched the video or if you have had a good look around you recently but the most most annoying waste of space animal on this planet is actually MAN himself!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hopefully they can adapt and learn not to swallow this crap... I fear little else can be done for them. The location of the island means that it will always have a wave of our junk washing up on the shore. Any clean up would be a futile effort..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

I'm sorry to say so Donahue, but i disagree with you about the seagulls being the most annoying waste of space animal on this planet.

Not sure if you watched the video or if you have had a good look around you recently but the most most annoying waste of space animal on this planet is actually MAN himself!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

In addition, they are albatrosses not seagulls.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
Those who care to look a little closer would find this trash these birds ate and died from, are the result of refuse from the earthquakes and subsequent tsunami that hit Japan and the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant on the 11th March 2011 and was spread by tidal currents, and not the result of a bunch of Dumbed Down Boob Tube Educated City Dwellers throwing their trash in the ocean.
edit on 22-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

This is not a new problem, it has existed long before the 2011 earthquake in Japan.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I think if you investigate a little further you would discover that the earthquakes and tsunamis only added to a preexisting floating garbage patch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hmmm... I see a whole island full of birds and a few corpses that died because they ate stupid things. Looks like natural selection, Darwin in action.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Brutal! Some of those dead birds had more plastic in them than bones!

How hard would it be to take a trolling boat with a fine net and start collecting all that floating garbage?
Ummm.....Actually...instead of 30,000 drones spying the skies over Amerika why not just make 30,000 drone garbage collector robot boats.........Solar powered garbage scows whose sole purpose is to clean up the oceans.
I mean, we know that idiots are'nt going to stop dumping the crap but that doesn't mean it couldn't be cleaned up.

Then all that plastic and whatnot could be recycled back into use...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am not going to spend much more time on this except to say that I know that the materials in the intestines of the birds in this film were in fact from the Tsunami that hit Japan on March 11, 2011 and while trash and other man made contamination were and remain a problem for wildlife, birds such as Seagulls have in fact thrived specifically due to man's presence. However, let's be honest, how many here have ever lived in the wild, sailed the open seas or gone more than a few miles beyond those afforded motorized transportation? No, don't answer, I know the answer and while me and mine would not miss a reduction in humanity, I find it ironic that beings who would have never been born and could not exist were it not for this artificially maintained civilization, are playing the Globalist Tune. I truly doubt there are many here who could possibly get it but are welcome to proceed, as it is your own demise, not mine that you play with.

edit on 22-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I guess this is the price of living on a planet with idiots.
Some people really believe in "out of site-out of mind".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know a lot of recycling programs have been proven to be less than economically feasable but not too long ago, several years back that is, there was a video that demonstrated with heat and pressure virtually any plastic can be converted back to oil and reused. I have to shake my head in wonder that this isn't being taken advantage of but since the world is ruled by coporations they will always look after their own interests rather than anyone else's.

When I was in the Navy (U.S.) we would haul trash out to a rear deck and dump it through a chute that would tear the plastic bag a little, or a lot, to help it take on water and, supposedly, sink. It's certain that sinking might have taken place on any biodegradeable contents but any and all plastics are still out there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????
What else do all of you expect from the way most of you live your life? 90% of the users on this website are the cause of that. Why? Because your ignorant. Every action you decide to take in life has an effect. You speeding down the road cutting people off...has a cause and effect. Think about what is going to happen before committing the act.

Why should any of you be surprised by this???????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM????? I want a freakin answer! All of you saying "OMG this is so bad what people are doing on this planet...I'm glad I dont do anything of this crap." *takes a sip of the diet coke sitting by the computer*

Most of you need to check yourselves before judging anyone! Especially, when it comes down to your actions.

Someone is going to reply back to me..."Im not the cause of any of that crap."

Yeah...............................say that from the road, picking up trash as the news reporter interviews you................not from your computer.

Call me out...go ahead. "You are sitting behind your computer. Not seeing you do anything."
PSH...PLEASE! I'm in the military, community involvement is required to not get kicked out for the people who thought the military is crap. The amount of trash I have picked up could fill a warehouse and it comes from all of you!

Grow UP! And, stop using this website to be fake.

Thank you very much and have a nice day
edit on 22-2-2013 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Do you think Cancer regrets killing the host? Right before you die from cancer do you think all those little cells that are killing you all suddenly realize how destructive they were. Not at all, they actually did what they were supposed to do.

For those of you thinking this problem is simply trash on the ground, you have a lot to learn. You are already eating the plastic as well. It is now in the food chain, and will only get worse. There are groups that are focusing on the Japanese as they eat a large percentage of fish in their diet, the future is not good for humanity with plastic in your diet. I would suggest watching a short documentary on YT done by Vice, they spend weeks with the guy that discovered the great garbage patch. And don't be so hard on yourself, we enjoy consuming, most of us wouldn't have a job if others didn't consume. What's everyone going to do when the Chinese consume on the same scale as Americans?

And to that guy that said maybe the birds will learn to not eat plastic, thanks for the laugh this morning that is some priceless stuff right there.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I find them to be active, smart and beautiful. They are extremely vocal, animated (love the way they look around when flying) and delightful.

On topic. This saddened me beyond words. I just cannot articulate how bad this all is. The fish eat the debris, the birds eat the fish and they die a painful death. All so people can buy bottled water and all the other crap that is over packaged with plastic because its CHEAP.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

We're a disease, a virus to this planet, due to corporatism, ignorance, ego.

One reason why I've considered not having kids, to prevent another soul from witnessing what crap we do to to each other and the earth.

Stupid humans

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Let me ask something directly. If everything and I mean EVERYTHING was made to be recyclable, dont you think people at least a majority would do this?

What if all packaging was bio-degradable? It is possible! But you know why it is not universal?

GREED pure and simple and the average person can only do so much and survive themselves. Many people want to live harmonious and would if they could and enjoy life.

To me I doubt this changes the throw away types who do not care about this planet or the future. It only creates more apathy and guilt among those that do care...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Well thats sort of not fair. Aren't pictures the same as a video?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
People here are being very naive. Some animals on an island are suffering, yes, and that particular suffering is avoidable and would not occur if not for humans, but guess what? Take the evil humans away, and what do you have? A bunch of animals who tear the ever living crap out of each other in order to survive in a brutal and uncaring environment.

Yes, everything is fine and dandy when humans are not involved. Ever seen a nature program? Why do you not weep when a fox tears apart a family of rabbits and leaves some twitching on the ground in agony? The suffering humans cause to animals is microscopic in comparison to the suffering animals cause to other animals.

When that bird dies in pain, maybe a fish lives and is spared suffering.

It's the way of the world. It's nature, and humans are just another part of it. We fit in perfectly.

I have never seen a lion make a thread about the suffering of other mammals at their own hands, yet humans make threads like these and reflect on the harm they have caused. Yet we are the evil ones?
edit on 22-2-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The fix for this won't come from our elders. They -- by definition -- created the mess in the first place. Sadly -- we are all willing participants in the over-culture that makes this possible. As was pointed out above, there is no money in fixing this, so it isn't likely to be fixed until 1) there is 2) a generation comes along with the strength to toss out our concept of money altogether, at least when it comes to fouling our own nests.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This saddens me to no end. I am ashamed that my species could be so heartless and thoughtless, I actually started to cry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join