It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the Lodges...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So, in my town there is a Freemason lodge, and an Odd Fellows building(in an alley of a building really).

IF I entered into these two areas, what would I expect inside? Anything interesting?

And what kind of security systems do they have? Do you think I could bust in? Hah, just kidding.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanakis
So, in my town there is a Freemason lodge, and an Odd Fellows building(in an alley of a building really).

IF I entered into these two areas, what would I expect inside? Anything interesting?

And what kind of security systems do they have? Do you think I could bust in? Hah, just kidding.

Why not stop by when they are open and see?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, between school and work, the chances of me being there when they are "open" seems to be a bit rare. Besides, I don't want to barge in on something that I don't necessarily want to be in.

Is it possible to find out when they would be open?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sure, call the number listed in the phone book. I am sure someone would be glad to come over and give you a tour, or, frankly, to invite you to a dinner at the lodge, where you could not only see the building, but meet the men that make up the lodge.

The dinners are usually held sometime during the first week of every month. If the lodge is one that is open during regular business hours, when you call and ask, they would tell you to come on over when you have time.

You would not be able to barge in on something, as during rituals and meetings, the doors are locked and guarded by the tyler...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Some Masonic Lodges have Open Nights and Meet The Masons nights for people with an interest to pursue their line of enquiry.

On a casual visit you wouldn't see anything of symbolic value in a Lodge Room, just lobbies, offices, maybe a kitchen and libraries and meeting rooms if they have them.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanakis

When you go into the Lodge you will find men who enjoy the fellowship of a male order. You will find men who believe in a supreme being and who have an ethos of helping people. Freemasonry and Freemasons are a society that continues to do a lot of good things in our society. If you have an ethos of helping others then you will find this in Freemasonry. You will also meet many people who will become friends and if you travel as I do you will find that Freemasonry is in every free country in the world.

There are people who post on this board who hate Freemasonry and Freemasons for reasons only they can justify. These people are known as Trolls and I suggest that you take with a pinch of salt what they post. If you are able try and attend an 'open day' of the Lodge and you will be able to visit the Lodge and see the people who are Freemasons.

Gerard

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
What if a woman tried to enter?

Dare she even try???

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You can find somewhere on ATSNN that during Freemasonry Awareness Month last month, a female TV3 reporter was invited to sit in on a regular Lodge meeting at my mother lodge, the entire proceedings were filmed and encapsulated in aTV news report that went to air for all to see.

Women are very welcome at Open Nights and Meet The Masons nights, and often attend Lodge rooms for Masonic orders that involve women.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No woman is permitted in any "open" Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons, nor any man who is not a Brother of the Degree in which the Lodge is open.

If they permitted someone in there, filming,... they either violated teh Landmarks, are a "clandestine" or unrecognized Lodge, or were showing the non-ritual part of Lodge.

In PA, the installation of Grand Lodge officers is a non-ritual event and is open to women and other "profane". We wear our Lodge regalia and pictures are permitted. No Lodge "Work", nor any secret signs of recognition are shown during that time. This might have been the kind of thing they had done.

A woman attempting to enter an "open" Lodge is considered a "cowan" or outsider, and would be ushered out immediately. All Lodge ritual would be suspended during such an event.

As far as seeing the inside of the building when the Lodge is not in session, that is entirely permissible. In fact, you can visit the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania's website and take a virtual tour of the Grand Lodge's Masonic Temple in Philadelphia. It is a bit more impressive than the average Lodge Building, but gives an idea how things are laid out, nonetheless.

www.pagrandlodge.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I can see where we even confuse ourselves. Yes we open Lodge on this degree or that degree, however that is a closed lodge. Our "Open" lodges consist of Installations of officers, and various other types. Open meaning open to ANYONE.

What we have begun to do in our lodge... We were having meetings on the Second and Forth Mondays. However, we have found it more beneficial that on the first meeting of each month we open the Lodge in Due form then, go directly from Labor to Refreshment, and invite the community in. Last month we had around 50 people (anyone who wanted in) in our lodge to discuss our kIDs ID program. We had Everyone from the curious to The Fire Department, Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Medical Center, and more then half were all ladies. This month we are having a big thank you dinner, and all the volunteers will be welcome, about 200. Then we continue to do our regular business, like paying bills, reading communications, and taking over the world
on the Last meeting of the month.

top topics

join