It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated compleatly....please read

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

comPLETELY

And can you link to this infamous post ?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I can believe it. I started having weird issues after posting this thread. Windows 8 is awful, that's for sure. Windows 7 seems to work OK. I run cleaning and malware programs about twice a day. Government spying is one thing I would not fault anyone for being paranoid of. Put tape on your webcams when you're not using them and download this Free Program.

edit on 2/22/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This thread has me wondering, what defines a cyber crime or attack, If I was to hack into any of the institutions that continuously try to access and upload there crap to my system, I'm sure that they would dub me a cyber criminal, especially if I was to upload software to their system, especially If that software I upload has the objective to gather information and return such information back to me.

Funny thing is I, all ready know who they are and what they are due to the fact my defensive software's log every (what they can see anyway) unauthorized attempt to access my system, I can see who has inflicted me with their crap buy checking file modification dates and successful hack attempt (sometimes I let them in for a bit of fun)

Any way my point is if I was to do what these companies, universities, military or government group do I would be arrested and labeled a terrorist member of anonymous or something similar, yet these groups will attempt these attacks sometimes up to 30 times in a 20 seconds, yet some how its legal and they are not the terrorist.

Fair enough the OP is not terrorized just a little shaken up, but yet fearful of TPTB and what they could do to his/her system, is this not terrorism, using fear to persuade or gain what you want, its cyber bullying at the least.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

It's true that what we put on the web, we choose to put on the web. Same applies for email and such. I work in IT and learned long ago not to mail, post or send anything via computer that I wouldn't be ok with, well, everyone seeing.

Pretty mind boggling that they have facilities large and powerful enough to store and then process that much data.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

Man, i was being monitored before i joined this site. I really don't care what i say. Because the alien i saw is freaking crazy and the government knows this too. I also experienced tapping and what not after i saw it. SImilar story. I had bought 2 brand new computers the day after i saw it. Talked about it on facebook and both new comps would blue screen. Honest to god.

Vista? That's normal. The rest? Cool story bro

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Windows 8 is probably more about surveillance and Apps than anything else, I bought an ultrabook and took it back after two days and bought a refurb with Win 7. My cell phone which is supposed to hold a charge for several days needed to be recharged after 8 hours or so, bought a new battery for it and that didn't help, took a ton of Apps off and now I get almost two days of battery life. The phone keeps rebooting at times for whatever reason, probably an App, I wouldn't doubt it for one minute that many of these Apps are written and engineered by some agency of the Federal Government. First thing I always do when getting a new computer or tablet is put black vinyl electricians tape over the camera and mic I often take my tablet to a coffee shop several miles away, when I leave I don't always completely shut it down but put it in a hibernate mode, on the way home I've noticed the indicator lights on the side going nuts, what this tells me is it's in some sort of tracking mode. Don't trust'm folks, the only person you can trust is yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
You are surprised about being possibly monitored?

Forgive me if not correct but isn't that the sole purpose of agencies like the FBI, CIA, and NSA?

I wouldn't get all paranoid about being monitored, there really is nothing anyone can do about being watched anyways.....if you are not a threat they will know. I have no problem with being watched as there are real threats to keep an eye out for. The only thing that scares me is the amount of monitoring has undoubtedly been on the rise the last dozen years and consistantly keeps getting more intrusive thanks to a truly paranoid spreading of fear in that even our government is not immune to.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: beatdown of the cursed run on sentence gremlin!!

And the passing of the Patriot Act didn't help our privacy any......

Big Brother will always find a way to eaves drop and the internet is a very easy tool for them to do this.
And for people to post EVERYTHING about their lives on Facebook is mind blowing!
I have never, nor will I use FB or Twitter.

However, I am on ATS but there are other forums here that are of interest other than 'conspiracies' such as fragile earth, medical issues, computer help, science, ancient civilizations, movies, etc.......
Actually, this could have been placed in the RANT forum........LOL

So if they want to monitor me, go ahead. I'm actually probably rather boring........

But if it means leaving some one else alone, go for it!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
One of the only threads I have ever started on this site detailed my belief that the government would probably not be paying people to derail threads on conspiracy websites. However, I know for a fact that the government monitors a huge load of web traffic, looking for keywords, as you mentioned. The bomb contained within your information, if it is accurate and if what has been happening to you is external, then it is obvious what the next step is for those who are gathering this web data.

What do I mean? Well, I suppose it is possible that certain ip addresses could be flagged for monitoring, and scans are ran remotely against your machine in an attempt to mine data from your system. There very well could be a backdoor in newer versions of Windows that allow certain government agencies to access data from one of those systems remotely. That definitely sounds like something that they would do, and it also sounds like something that is doable to begin with.

I usually do not believe claims like this, but I really feel that the possibility is there that things like this could be going on. I mean it just makes sense. We know the US government does not follow the rules they are sworn to uphold, and their abilities and powers to mine data are growing at an astronomical rate. This is one of the reasons I use a custom linux system, and try to be as careful as possible in regards to system infiltration. Some random hacker is not going to be interested in someone's PC, but the government would be if that person raised some red flags for them. It is BS of course, but that is what diminishing freedoms looks like.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

that's why you need to take the mushroom that makes you grow taller

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Cnet is bad. A lot of software from there contains spyware. Toolbars mostly. Which are not even considered illegal.Anyways, Cnet is owned by CBS and I never download software from there. Use Sourceforge instead but not CNET.

check this out: www.tomsguide.com...
edit on 22-2-2013 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I had a similar problem this week. The newest Facebook app for smartphones ask for permission to record audio and video at anytime. It's a manual update, so I choose not to update.

Well earlier this week I noticed my cellphone was draining my battery. When I looked into it Facebook was running in the background and was using the most memory. When I tried to stop it, it would start up again.

When I checked the permissions, I saw that Facebook had updated on it's own and had given itself permission to record audio and video at any time. I uninstalled the app and my battery life is back to normal. I checked my other apps and Facebook was the only one to update itself and have that permission.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

that's why you need to take the mushroom that makes you grow taller

I did,man.More than you know.
I didn't work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That's because it isn't which mushroom that makes you taller. It's which side of the mushroom.

This time Alice waited patiently until it chose to speak again. In a minute or two the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth and yawned once or twice, and shook itself. Then it got down off the mushroom, and crawled away in the grass, merely remarking as it went, 'One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter.'

'One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.

'Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar, just as if she had asked it aloud; and in another moment it was out of sight.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That's because it isn't which mushroom that makes you taller. It's which side of the mushroom.

This time Alice waited patiently until it chose to speak again. In a minute or two the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth and yawned once or twice, and shook itself. Then it got down off the mushroom, and crawled away in the grass, merely remarking as it went, 'One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter.'

'One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.

'Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar, just as if she had asked it aloud; and in another moment it was out of sight.

I stand corrected kind sir.
I ate off the short side.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As a I.T guy i just wanted to throw something in here.
They're countless of automated bots just searching everywhere on the internet for unsecured ports. I get about a attack every min just at my HOME network. These are very common and why most routers will come with built in firewalls.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Humm.... Sounds like you have had some problems. The cell Phone will last only 6 hours if you do
a lot of talking on it.

I'm sure ATS is infiltrated, but not by hackers.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
I've always heard about libraries......certain books are flagged. And that was years ago......

COMPLETELY absurd. What libraries? What books? How, specifically, is it done? I'm familiar with nerarly every library circulation system used or EVER used in this country--at a coding level--and never have I ever encountered anything that could possibly do this. Indeed, RFPs from libraries routinely demand that any such link from book to borrower be broken irretrievably upon return of the book and none of them have the ability to "flag" certain titles. I've written the RFPs and installed the systems.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

How, specifically, is it done?

Two words.
Dewey decimal system.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by snarky412
I've always heard about libraries......certain books are flagged. And that was years ago......

COMPLETELY absurd. What libraries? What books? How, specifically, is it done? I'm familiar with nerarly every library circulation system used or EVER used in this country--at a coding level--and never have I ever encountered anything that could possibly do this. Indeed, RFPs from libraries routinely demand that any such link from book to borrower be broken irretrievably upon return of the book and none of them have the ability to "flag" certain titles. I've written the RFPs and installed the systems.

I'm not talking about now, but rather when I was a kid, about 30 yrs. or so ago, I never was much for reading back then but certain books were 'flagged' due to their content.

Now a days, yes, there are keywords/phrases that are used today on the internet, especially on FB/Twitter.
Just google "keywords by DHS"...there's approximately 374 so far.

List of Keywords and Phrases DHS Uses to Monitor Social Networking Sites and Online Media

Even the innocent word "pork" used for BBQ is on the list...... oops, I used the word, oh well.

I'd rather brisket any way........

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

do we really know if it was the "side" of the mushroom, or one of the "ends,"

so enjoying the mushroom thing, anyway....

As to the OP, of course, it is infiltrated...rather, it was created for specifically this reason, by the infiltrators, themselves.

And so, what does that make the rest of us??? the caterpillar?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join