It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown seeks to deny newspapers access to death certificates of Sandy Hook victims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
No Offense to anyone, but this thread is a really good example of WHY they want to suppress this information from the public. Between people here claiming noone died, psyop, et al, and that awful Cluesforum trying to dredge up every bit of personal info on these poor people, of course they're going to want to keep this private..

I know I would rather than let some rabid conspiracy theory person have my dead child's death certificate, that's just morbid.

Keep it private? It's not private information to begin with. Those death certificates are public property, not the private property of the victims or their parents.

Just to be in the clear with the mods here (who I've noticed during my lurking are very proactive in stifling discussion of this topic), I'd like to state up front that I believe the official story 100%, and there is NO conspiracy at all regarding Sandy Hook. All of the children died exactly how it has been stated, and anyone who states otherwise is a million times worse than Hitler. Everybody grieves differently, and there have been zero inconsistencies in official statements on the tragedy. Now let's all just stop talking about this event because if we don't it means we enjoy the death of children.

Thanks for your attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oops. Double post. Stop talking about Sandy Hook.

edit on 22-2-2013 by sandyhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

if it wasn't real, why deny access at all? why weren't the families allowed to view the bodies when they asked? what happened to transparency?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No Offense to anyone, but this thread is a really good example of WHY they want to suppress this information from the public. Between people here claiming noone died, psyop, et al, and that awful Cluesforum trying to dredge up every bit of personal info on these poor people, of course they're going to want to keep this private..

I know I would rather than let some rabid conspiracy theory person have my dead child's death certificate, that's just morbid.

Yeah but think about it for a moment... wouldn't showing the death certificates finally put an end to all of this? By keeping them private it's actually making the conspiracy community froth at the mouth even more.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I guess I can understand the concern for wanting to change the law to extend more privacy to the families of victim's. However, the current law apparently allows a FOIA request for such records so unless they have case law or a court order from a judge they need to comply with current laws PERIOD. I see no evidence of any court order for an injunction to prevent the release of these records until it can be determined what the legalities are. Does anyone know if Conn death certificates are any different than other states? More or less info on them? I think people have a genuine concern to view these documents for many reasons.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Who Can Request A Certified Copy Of A Death Certificate?

A certified copy of a Connecticut death certificate may be purchased for a fee by anyone over the age of 18 years. All CT death certificates include the decedent’s cause of death. Requesters must provide basic identifying information about the deceased on the Application for a Copy of a Death Certificate including the name of the decedent, the approximate date of death, and the town where the death occurred so a search for the record can be conducted.

Department of Public Health: State Vital Records Office

For twenty bucks, anyone on this site can request a Death Certificate from the State of Connecticut here.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Yeah but think about it for a moment... wouldn't showing the death certificates finally put an end to all of this? By keeping them private it's actually making the conspiracy community froth at the mouth even more.

Yes and no.. if you subscribe to the theory that this was all staged, then people will just say they are fake documents and use them to further that cause.. For years in Connecticut there's been a push to make marriage and death and birth certificates private.. Just to keep personal info private..

But right now.. there is no law preventing anyone from viewing a death certificate in this state at all. And knowing our legislature, there never will be, they have bigger issues to contend with right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: **ALL MEMBERS Please read: Sandy Hook**

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EequalsMC3

Now that you have posted what you posted (suggesting that some of the reported deaths may not have occurred) the mods will feel justified in closing this entire thread for "staff review" or 404ing the thread altogether, regardless of the content of the rest of the thread. Nice work, dude.

I would ask the mods to simply remove the offending post rather than scrapping the entire thread, but it's been made abundantly clear that's not how they operate.

EDIT: Wow. An amazing display of restraint on the part of ATS. You guys may just start to convince people you promote open discussion. Probably not, but it was a nice gesture anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually, this is the link you want currently if you're interested in lawfully and appropriately requesting any death certificates associated with the Sandy Hook massacre (which, I might add, was perpetrated by a lone individual). For any event occurring in the last four months, it's apparently best to make your request to the Town of Death Vital Records office rather than the state office.

However, these public records are none of your business. Do NOT request these public records, as it will certainly result in needlessly increased anguish for the still grieving families of the innocent victims of this horrible tragedy perpetrated by a lone individual. Only a soulless, inhuman monster would want to request this information.

EDIT: Lone gunman.
edit on 22-2-2013 by sandyhooker because: Lone gunman.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandyhooker

Keep it private? It's not private information to begin with. Those death certificates are public property, not the private property of the victims or their parents.

Just to be in the clear with the mods here (who I've noticed during my lurking are very proactive in stifling discussion of this topic), I'd like to state up front that I believe the official story 100%, and there is NO conspiracy at all regarding Sandy Hook. All of the children died exactly how it has been stated, and anyone who states otherwise is a million times worse than Hitler. Everybody grieves differently, and there have been zero inconsistencies in official statements on the tragedy. Now let's all just stop talking about this event because if we don't it means we enjoy the death of children.

Thanks for your attention.

you will do well here at ats, son.

any day/week now and the veil will be lifted, and all will make sense.
isn't it all very entertaining! and educational?
there are no accidents or coincidences or mistakes regarding sandy hook.
all is going exactly to plan.

thanks for the memories ats.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munkle

Removed Quoted Material -- Non T&C Compliant

The real story is here you have a few major media, like AP, actually trying to do their jobs and run some basic fact-checking, just for old times sake, and they run up against this. Wonder what they're thinking now?
edit on 2/21/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed T&C infraction quote.

I wonder when fact checking became not needed in media reports?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No offense to you, but noone claimed the things you have claimed...it is clear you are beyond oversensitive on this issue, and have skewed into the defense of everything we are told MUST be true category.

Rabidly wondering why the truth is being withheld in this day and age is no crime that needs to be "stopped".

I would say it is shocking just how badly some want this story to be true, it really does seem that you are in all energy hoping to god to show that all is well, that murders get solved in less than 24 hours just like on TV......

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO

No offense to you, but noone claimed the things you have claimed...it is clear you are beyond oversensitive on this issue, and have skewed into the defense of everything we are told MUST be true category.

Rabidly wondering why the truth is being withheld in this day and age is no crime that needs to be "stopped".

I would say it is shocking just how badly some want this story to be true, it really does seem that you are in all energy hoping to god to show that all is well, that murders get solved in less than 24 hours just like on TV......

Look back over all the threads on this, and note that a few posts were removed.. They were claiming this never happened.. hmm..

And... I never claimed murders get solved in 24 hours, I know they take months and years to investigate.. I don't know where you got that I did?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sandyhooker

Thank for that info......it looks like normally you get your request in 6 weeks but can pay $20 for an expedited copy. If it merely states cause of death only we all know what that would say. I would be more interested in the details like type of ammo used and number of rounds used but it won't show that. I think some news agencies may want copies to verify all the names and who belongs to what family as some parents are no longer together.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm getting rather annoyed at the constant attempts by people to keep this matter off the forums...

On a more on-topic note; it would be nice to see the coroner testify in court under oath.

As one would expect....

Instead of this sensationalized media frenzy; lets see a real court case PROVING what did/didn't happen with a jury to weigh in on the decision. If I was a family member who's child was lost in this shooting, I would want to know every detail of WHY this happened; so that I may prevent it from happening ever again. I am not much for taking the word of some one because they were a fancy costume; police are no more of a trust-able figure to me then anyone else, and I fail to see why we should take their word for anything.

This whole matter needs to be solved in the only logical manner.... in a court of law (if there still exists such a thing).

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, lets say "the truth" came out and the official story is wrong.

What good would that do? Would the masses actually care? If this was a conspiracy, the "intended impact" has already been achieved. We can't just go back and say, "OK since it was staged we're going to trash all these new gun control laws we're drafting"

Look, a huge percentage of the population is to tired, stressed, lazy, overworked, drugged up and/or self-medicated to really care if it was a cover-up.

I also find it funny that members here are pandering to the ATS staff with "disclaimers" on their beliefs in all of this. It's quite amusing. It reminds me of that Seinfeld line, "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

To the topic at hand:
I agree with what another member said. You can't deny current law and lawful requests while simultaneously trying to change the law. If properly filled out requests were filed and accompanied by the proper fee, the clerk's office must provide the public documents -- until the law has actually been changed.

Death certificates aren't really that complex. They basically list the name, age, cause of death -- and few other basic things.

I do understand that the families of these children probably just want to be left alone, and the thought of all these strangers digging into their affairs probably upsets them. Having said that, we all die and get issued a death certificate -- it's nothing special.

Now, the medical examiner's report I might agree should be more tightly controlled. Those reports have some pretty detailed descriptions on them. I'm not sure I would want to even glance at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join