It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My internet service keeps going out, this evening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This evening, it is nearing 7pm, US Central time, it is Thursday, Feb 21. Within this hour, my internet service goes out, then comes back on, then goes out, etc. I know that in my area, there have been warnings for a large snowstorm, but it ain't happenin yet, that I can see. I better post this, before it goes out again,
But I only want to know "Is it just me?" Or you too, wherever you are.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

It's happening here in California. My Brighthouse service (Comcast) is cutting out like3 to 4 times a day.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

Where are you? Occasionally, providers, and even people on there own, have an outage listing. Some are made better than others.

Another thing to try is call your provider, they're usually well aware of outages and may or may not be able to give you more details e.g. how long it's to be expected to continue, how many are affected, etc.

Good luck, I hope you fair through the storm safely.

edit on 2/21/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just got mine fixed today..

I just had the cable guy out. He replaced a wire and now the internet is working perfectly.

You should do the same

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was having connectivity issues on and off for the past 6 months, I figured out my modem was pretty much crapping out, so yesterday I finally had to replace the old one.

Now they hooked me up with a cable modem with built in wifi, I like it. I get better range with the smartphones now.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Just got mine fixed today..

I just had the cable guy out. He replaced a wire and now the internet is working perfectly.

You should do the same

Lol

I wish things were that easy out here in Australia.

We'd need to call the provider first, who would make us perform an isolation test - even if we'd done one, we'd have to do it with them again before they'd even consider escalating it to the next level. Which means, short cables, to the socket, etc, everything to eliminate faulty local wiring.

Then it would probably be a pita to get a line test, which would be done from their end, and if no fault found then if we requested a phone line guy to come check the line, that's a different company. If they come out to test it and find no fault, thats $100 out of our pocket and still no guarantee of any fix.

If they did find a problem, unless it was a physical line fault, and unless our services was under a set rating for the dsl connection we're guaranteed, we'd still be SOL.

If it was under a set guaranteed speed, then they would fix it.

"Just call the cable guy."

Man I envy some places... lol

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

In some cases it is the same here. I have my Internet through AT&T and if they have to come out and find that the problem is located in my home or even in my yard, I technically would be responsible for the cost of repairs - even though they are the ones who did the wiring within my home to begin with.

I haven't heard many gripe about the phone company actually following through though. In my region the same applies for the water company - and they do aggressively pull these shenanigans. It seems rational, but there are fairly frequent stories on the news about homeowners who end up with messed up water lines because of city construction projects ( Like when they put in sidewalks - in that bit of ones front yard that we technically don't legally own, but are somehow still responsible for anyway ).

As for my Internet? In the southeast here and haven't seen a single hiccup - other than a power failure, earlier today, that lasted about 5 seconds.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Mine 3 times in the last hour, Nebraska. Cable also

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey, I have ATT as well. So just now, I have this window where I am able to be online (i think) but it could go off any second. So, I just got off the phone with an ATT rep, and was on for quite awhile! They were running tests. A service tech is to come out tomorrow and check outside lines. BUT if he has to come in, it's 99 bucks!!! Bs.

Say, what is it, with this power grid, anyway? A little wind a couple days ago, and there were countywide outages. I know my power kept going off and on. Tonight it's windy out again. I do not recall, the electric power grid being so touchy and fragile, years ago. I have a bad feeling, that our much discussed (in this big forum site)
"shtf", will be where everyone or many, are off the grid,.......for good, or a long while. Makes me nauseous,
we should each have "free energy", if there can actually be such a thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Thats just downright fishy, to me. California, Nebraska, and (hmf okay, Illinois [by Iowa] ) all today.

I don't like it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well I'm on satelite internet and for the last 3 day's both our computer come back with page not found
then we hit F5 refresh and it come in find just a big pain in the a$$
Or NSA big brother is really checking everything we do and then ok it

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Wow, that's a rip off. They charge you to come and fix THEIR product.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ive had a few friends in the us tell me their net connections have been playing up today.

top topics

join