It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda's 22 tips for dodging drone attacks: the list in full

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Russia, Russian-made, Ruski...

The Cold War never ended, it just moved to using proxies.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No 24 .wear a fake beard ,live in a cave and post a few videos about how you will take it to the next level.
It worked for that other bloke for about 10 years.
edit on 23-2-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Are you Air Force?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I imagine that somewhere all this is just common knowledge for the resident in countries the US has chosen to target.

When I was a kid I grew up in a rough neighborhood and we knew how to spot a cop, a drug dealer, gang members, nut-jobs to avoid, etc.

It must suck to live in a place where it is considered common knowledge how to avoid missile attacks from drones strikes.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by qalameid

Are you Air Force?

No....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by BABYBULL24

It isn't your fault brother; this site has long become segregated where flags and stars matter most.

Good thread

Mods please erase for irrelevance.

Looking at 3 posts on this subject the OP "posted on 21-2-2013 @ 18:13" in the weaponry forum, and another OP posted in War On Terrorism forum at "posted on 22-2-2013 @ 09:57" and finally yours in the General Conspiracy forum at "posted on 22-2-2013 @ 14:37".

I say you owe the OP and ATS an apology for being third to post, AND not posting in the best forum for this topic... :p

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Tip #23: Don't join Al-Qaeda or be anywhere close to them

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wonder if this was made up by the newspapers... most makes sense but it seems a little... obvious.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

What a dumb list LOL. A sniper at 4 to 8kms, yeah, that's going to happen, someones been watching too much of the 4th Bourne sequel. I highly doubt that the real solutions would get posted here, or anywhere for that matter and if they did, they'd be 404'd immediately. It's improbable that you can hide from a drone, the only option is to take it out and the only way that is going to be done is with "similar" technology, which would cost less than $1000.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Sorry, but the idea that the gov.t is going to go door to door taking your guns is an internet fearmongering that Alex Jones likes to keep blowing out of his pie hole that will never happen.

Your source www.foxnews.com...
: I guess someone has forgotten about Waco etc.. or DOOR-TO-DOOR GUN CONFISCATION IN ROCKFORD!!! www.isp.state.il.us... ...

OMG!!! and the drone police have infiltrated ATS!!! something is amiss!!!

edit on 23-2-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Because hollow point bullets are a lot more expensive than full metal jacket... for "training purposes". You save the trauma nosed ones for real world.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nothing sees thru rock, or under bridges, in tunnels, culverts, drain pipes, etc. If caught outside hide under warm cars parked on the street. If caught outside hide under a lofty sleeping bag. Or like the Afghans (any afghans) hide under a thick shawl. They all carry them for protection against the "elements".

Find their nest like you do bees. Put out some honey and follow them line of sight when they leave. Then put out more honey and follow further. Repeat until you find the "nest".

In the future in America this will probably be your local airport. The armed, long loiter ones need runways.
edit on 23-2-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That is a useful list of survival tips. Drone-dodging isn't just for AQ, but for anybody having to cope with an attacking force that hides behind flying machines. The attacking force could be any country or any body. I think that the list is short sighted though, like using dummies in mock meetings. Drones have heat-sensor technology, don't they?

This list comes from the source the Associated Press. Conspiracy theory: these are dummy tips. Maybe a sales pitch for Russian-made "sky grabber." Only about $3,000? I want two of them.

Now when there is the war of man vs machine, even though, in this instance, my country is on the side of the machine, I sort am for the human, politics aside, that they can beat up the machine any way they can, because there is nobody inside to lose that would present a moral dilemma. Somehow it feels like things have gone too far with remote controlled machines for killing people, I think of words like "spoiled", "evil' and most of all "coward". Not soldier, not war, not battle.

It's like feeding people to the lions in a coliseum, killing through a video monitor. Monitors are supposed to be used for good, not death. I think these people deserve to see the face of the one that is killing them; it's what most people need if they are going to die in war, they need to see the human that vanquished them. But there's no human for them, its cruel, inhuman. Has a war ever been fought like this in history before, where one never sees their enemy, just their enemy's devices, out of reach in the sky?

My imagination says, if I were not shown otherwise, that the pilot behind the drone is sitting in a la-z-boy recliner in his living room, beer and chips in a bowl on the tv tray next to him, still in his pajamas, playing war-kill on his patriot-box. This is the future of war, really? It hardly seems like a battle.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
Monitors are supposed to be used for good, not death. I think these people deserve to see the face of the one that is killing them; it's what most people need if they are going to die in war, they need to see the human that vanquished them. But there's no human for them, its cruel, inhuman. Has a war ever been fought like this in history before, where one never sees their enemy, just their enemy's devices, out of reach in the sky?

Welcome to The 21st Century....

I think the "wait until you see the whites of their eyes" kind of went out of style a century or two ago... You sound like a person who has never experienced real war before...When you experience bullets whizzing past your head you just might like the standoff approach that drones provide. This is not some 17th century honor duel.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Not only that, but I don't see the difference between a drone strike and having a mortar round land in your lap as far as a face to face confrontation goes - either way, you're not going to see the operator's face. War has been faceless and impersonalized to a large extent for well over a century now.

Even bullets - you may never see the face of the person who launches the one that gets you. If you DO see that face, it becomes a duel... at fairly high speed!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

i can't tell if you're joking of not lol, seriously.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
I wonder if this was made up by the newspapers... most makes sense but it seems a little... obvious.

Remember the list's provenance. It was found in Mali in a village, which had just previously endured a rousing speech from French President Francois Holland as the liberating hero - post comminus. Villages where the residents had been paid to yell "Viva La France!" as the 'troops' and FN and BBN television cameras rolled in. Gleeful villagers in brand new clothes jumped up and down and waved at the cameras, and officials explained how it was unwise for West African and ECOWAS nations, former French colonies, to seek further independence from the warm arms of French guardianship, what with all this bloodthirsty Al Qaeda threat encroaching and all.

Why the next thing you know they might break the French trade agency monopolies, they might block the dumping of cheap Chinese consumer goods which destroy West African economies, they might begin to elect popular candidates and not French implants, and sell gold, nat gas, crude, copper and bauxite to the open market to benefit their people and bypass French agents. Gosh, the terror of it all.

We never did see any AQ troops. But we got this neato 2 year old high school level list printed out by a PC from the internet.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Text LimeGreenreply to post by Xtrozero

GE has recently produced new technology which can detect thermal signatures w/in .01-02 tolerance. Given that your body produces heat signatures normally ~97°F, it's safe to assume using materials which mimic comparable emissivity lvls effectively neutralizes almost every IR/thermal imager available to many military forces today. Tests have proven that electrical tape, and, believe or not, any foot powder spray containing aluminum has given the same temp/index as our own skin. There are also the simple methods of concealment under a heavy wool blanket, shredding tires, allow them to heat up during the day, and spreading those about to mask human form, as well as using a combination of military grade camo nets in conjunction w/ heavy brush and dense, heat-reflective metals to thwart the unlawful, unconstitutional and pervasive eyes of a tyrannical government. New advancements in metamaterial science has also garnered the best results concerning evasion from IRs and thermals IMO. By refracting microwave and light waves around an object, scientists have discovered that these new invisible cloaks completely hides an individual from the naked eye, as well as being undetectable from any type of IR or thermal imaging products. If true patriots can get a hold of this new technology immediately and strictly monitor and track its use so as to avoid any misuse, we can completely destroy and kill every one of those evil personages and societies who seek to turn our way of life and individual sovereignty upon its head. I believe another false flag like 9/11 and Sandy Hook is right around the corner and we must begin combatting this tyranny now if we are to save this planet from complete destruction. They are poisoning our air, food and water. Our govt is trying for universal background checks when it's just another word for registration and eventual confiscation. Our scientists are bioengineering our planet to implode, educators are brainwashing and dumbing down and killing our kids forced medication. LE and military taking their oath of servitude and twisting it beyond comprehension. Entertainers and media types who constantly misinform and askew young impressionable minds thru occultist symbolism, false narratives and entranced sound wave technology in our music. When the next attack comes and believe you me it will, we will kill everyone of these members who have sold their souls for temporary reprieve and fame/fortune. There are many thousands of us who are aware and will come straight for them, mindful that those in the highest positions of the government, corporate and banking industries, entertainment and media outlets, science and education, masonry, bilderberg, FEMA, homeland security, CIA, FBI, NSA, Darpa, CFR, UN, Nato, etc., will all face the hammer of death, whether by our hands, or the hand of God very shortly. We know this is a vast, global enterprise that has been left unchecked for far too long and we will kill you all as we will not let freedom die here in America. We are the last hope for a fallen world, one of the last bastions of true freedom wherein every citizen has a God-given right to protect ourselves, our families and our way of life w/any weapon systems our military has or will have. Turn off your televisions, guys, it's all a psyop from a rogue government who smirks at us currently because they believe true #ing Americans will cower under the threat of enslavement. Rise up, sons and daughters of this once great nation! Fight this tyranny w/ every last breath and find your satisfaction in seeing the empire scatter before you, for where there is right, there is might! Call your congressmen daily and let them know you will not allow this country to fall any further. Just don't sit there doing nothing at all for you may as well fight w/ your enemy. I pray daily that our military leaders have the moral turpitude to bring our soldiers all home to fight the real tyranny w/ our own government and stop w/ the ceaseless lie about any "war on terror".

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Textreply to post by Xtrozero

You see the prevalent rise of new drone technology because we have an influx of men in our country now who know nothing of the warrior code. These new generations of 'men' grow up w/ silver spoons in theirs mouths, playing nothing but violent video games and being brainwashed by all the music and poor education they've received throughout their miserable little existences. We've allowed this country to become gluttonous, vain and deliberately fearful and obedient. The military complex and globalist agenda has run out of targets to acquire so they are now initiating a massive depopulation effort in order to enslave the world and that will not happen unless Americans are disarmed and brought on board w/ the new world order. By hampering our children's health and education over the decades, they've effectively tied many of us into inaction/disbelief, while the kids continue to believe and obey whatever any authority tells them. They've essentially kidnapped our kids as ransom and enslaved the general populace, all the while holding our hands and telling us everything will be okay, until they finally push this great nation off its own cliff. Any one of you w/ extra weapons, please sell or lend or even give your weapon/s to a veteran who can help you and your family defend your country from these invaders. Many other vets I know are disarmed here in NYC and need your help immediately. In exchange, we will proudly and effectively teach others how to shoot expert in every weapons systems, shoot-move-and communicate, best methods of offensive/defensive tactics and strategems, spec ops/seals/fbi/cia/esu/LE breach methods and how to best counteract those measures, survival skills, you name it. Many of us veterans in New York and other metropolitan cities have the expertise and battle experience to truly even the playing field against Homeland Security and other unlawful govt agencies, but we need the firepower to do so. If anyone here can help w/ this matter, I swear to you we will go wherever you are and help you defend your homes. God bless America!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join