It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailiff scum...people CAN stand up against their despicable and fraudulent practices!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
First I want to make clear I am not talking about people not living up to their responsibilities and paying their debt's...but what I am talking about is rip off bailiffs who apply bogus and unlawful fee's to line their back pocket's! And in particular those who abuse their powers by making illegal threat's and committing FRAUD by charging for work not done.

Up until quite recently I have never had to deal with bailiffs in my life and never thought I would have to. I'm not going to go in to the specific's but the debt was for £72.75 and given the opportunity it should have been simple to resolve...I had two bailiffs visit me for the first time and they gave me 20 min's to find £332.75. I paid it because they told me there was a van and a locksmith on the way to break into my home and my distraught 11 year old daughter who suffers from a chronic anxiety disorder was there ( that's a very abridged version, they made several threat's and intimidated me greatly while my daughter was present)

It as taken me many hour's and day's of email's and phone calls and research and I have made a LOT of noise! ....but today I have been reimbursed £235.50 for unlawful fee's! The only bailiff fee that was lawful was a £24.50 first visit charge.The rest of the complaint is still being looked at...but the money is out of their back pocket and back in mine!

What sadden's me, is the amount of vulnerable people and families who perhaps aren't equipped or capable of questioning and complaining, who fall prey to their despicable practise's. But even still, I can't help but feel a little satisfaction for myself....I stood up to bailiff scum and I won!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Congratulations. And kudos for exposing their ripoff nature here.

You may enjoy this video if you missed it.....www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Thank you...this government as known for a long time that bailiffs act outside of the law and that they knowingly mis-represent their actual powers to people...and that they charge unreasonable and most importantly unlawful fee's whilst committing fraud! But for too long they have been able to get away with it not least because it's so complicated and hard to make bailiff's redress their wrong doings. I believe there are soon to be some change's to make bailiffs more accountable but no doubt the measure's won't go far enough!

But people can seek redress from fraudulent bailiffs even if it is a bit of a nightmare to do so....I just wanted to let people know it CAN be done!

I watched the youtube vid with interest...the bloke was very well educated on the matters at hand. Just in the same way I suspect that lot's of people who find themselves in my position don't question bailiffs and the law, I have no doubt there will be LOT'S of people who have lost their home as a result of an unlawful eviction.

Like the bloke in the youtube vid I researched and read up about the law and familiarised myself with numerous court ruling's etc and quoted them in context of my complaint....and I got the unlawful fee's paid back to me.....I would stress to anyone else who believes they are being conned by rip off bailiffs to do the same!....

join