It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea prison camps 'like the Holocaust', survivors who escaped say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

So I am getting that for you North Korea is is a missunderstood utopia.

You probably know all about the australian aborigines as well.

The op story is based on a factual story. What part of it do you not get?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

So I am getting that for you North Korea is is a missunderstood utopia.

You probably know all about the australian aborigines as well.

The op story is based on a factual story. What part of it do you not get?

When did I say that North Korea is a utopia. You know I didn't and it's pretty telling that you have to lie about what I said to make your point.

The point I am making is the "facts" we get from our yellow media and lying gubberment about North Korea are fairy tales, just like the story the OP posted. You could take all the true facts ever printed by the western media regarding the DPRK and fit them in big print on a 3x5 notecard. If you want to put stock in the kind of inane drivel that masquerades as news about North Korea, that's your problem.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It is everybodies problem. You included as you are part of evrybody. As am I.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

It is everybodies problem. You included as you are part of evrybody. As am I.

You're right - the fact that we can not rely upon either the US government nor the media for accurate information about North Korea is everybody's problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Most of what you read about NK is true. The camps do exist. They also exist in russia and china as well. The only thing i could label as "sketchy" regarding information is that the north korean people hate americans. I don't see this to be 100% true. They're actually pretty nice when you visit and they almost seem, i don't know, mesmerized by visitors. Is it because they never see other people from around the world? I don't know. It used to be incredibly hard to get in the country but it's become easier over time.

The people are nice for the most part but they still have an undying loyalty to "the leader". Most of what they do, they do to serve the kim family. I honestly can't decipher whether some of the people know it's wrong or if they actually believe it's right. Some seem to fake it but who knows. When you visit they make sure you're kept busy throughout your entire stay. My guess is it's to keep you from conversing with the locals too much. The "minders" or guides or whatever are actually pretty laid back. They don't demand you be back to a certain place at a certain time. I can't describe it, it's almost like on the outside through news they act though and hateful but when you're there they can't enjoy your company enough. Almost like a kid that's sheltered their whole life and develops a bad attitude but opens up when they actually have contact with different people.

Their government is a whole different animal. Its garbage. The way they treat their people is disgraceful. I just feel sorry for the citizens because some of them know something is wrong, but the govt has such a tight grip on everything. Their mentality is one that needs to be abolished completely. They have no means of fighting back, no guns, no internet, no information. It's just sad because even though all the crap, they seem to know it's messed up, but you can't help them. If the regime collapsed, i don't think it would be as bad as some make it out to be. I would venture to guess from what i've seen, most of the people would be happier reunited with their family in the south.

edit on 2/27/2013 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I think they do "hate" Americans and South Koreans because they are told to. They do what they are told for fear of their lives and the lives of their family.

If Kim Un says that America is bad, then America is bad. No questions asked.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

With all the hyperbole about North Korea it is difficult to believe anything published about it.

For example, there are Google Earth .kml files out there that purport to show the locations of prison camps and such, but how can one know that this isn't just more propaganda? I could make a .kml showing the same things in Nebraska.

The one thing I know for sure about North Korea, North Koreans, and Kim Jong Un is that I don't really know anything at all. Anybody who claims otherwise has been watching far too much television.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm just trying to give my best explanation from when i was there. I was expecting to step out and see people giving me dirty looks and practically throwing things at me, but i got the opposite.

Who knows maybe it was all a put on. I don't live there so in reality i only know what i saw.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You guys should watch this. It is obviously N. Korean propaganda when Sean Smith went there they had everything laid out for his visit. Everything is soo strange there though it's hard to pick out the fact from fiction.

Interesting video though none the less.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Then again Sean Smith could have been cleverly producing a video that was engineered to bring out feelings of alienation in the viewer.

Whenever I watch a video like this I like to ask questions in my mind, about who and what and why regarding the producer.

The fact remains that because of both the limited travel allowed, and the difference in culture, that we can hardly know what is what in the DPRK. My cousins have bought the propaganda, equating North Koreans to "insects" but they are pretty dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join