It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea prison camps 'like the Holocaust', survivors who escaped say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

North Korea prison camps 'like the Holocaust', survivors who escaped say

News Link

NORTH Korea's prison camps are a closed-off world of death, torture and forced labour where babies are born slaves, according to two survivors who liken the horrors of the camps to a Holocaust in progress.
"People think the Holocaust is in the past, but it is still very much a reality. It is still going on in North Korea," Shin Dong-hyuk told AFP through an interpreter on the sidelines of a human rights summit in Geneva.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-2-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The year is 2013. Babies are being born into slavery. Torture is carried on in the likeness of the Nazi death camps. Starvation and brutality the norm. The place North Korea
We know at this time that North Korea shuns the international community with nuclear testing and missile testing, constantly taunting their neighbours and the rest of the world. It seems they want to have a war, they want to be the instigators.
How in a modern world can some 200,000 people be held as slaves for the pleasure of the state? Thousands of people being imprisoned for false crimes by a paranoid overlord.
Why can nobody do anything about it? Why is the international community reluctant to intervene. Are they scared?
Or is it really not any ones business?

News Link
edit on 21-2-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

How in a modern world can some 200,000 people be held as slaves for the pleasure of the state?

While I do see your point, what about so many more in the US Private Prison For Profit scam?

While the conditions are much worse in NK, the profiteers in the Private Prison System make money as do the States. We have also had at least one case that I know of whereas the judges made money off of putting kids in jail on minor charges so the prison system could profit.

Different and the same. It all sucks.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The vast majority of North Korea (outside of the capital) could easily fit within every definition of HELL that you have ever heard of.

In many places survival means feeding off of dead humans, and insects.

Don't worry, you likely wont be exposed to the reality that is life for many North Koreans, it remains well hidden from the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We're all slaves. Just in different degrees. Think.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
North Korea is the one that needs to be watched. Since in December when they sent that satellite into space I have been on my toes about them. We already know they have nukes. Now they have showed us that they can get an object into orbit so what is to stop them from putting a nuke into orbit disguised as a satellite?

Kaboom over any country and the EMP would take out most of their transportation and electricity instantly.
That country would go into total chaos. Enough chaos to where it would be a whole heck of a lot easier to invade.

Remember, it only takes one well placed rock to bring down a giant.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Considering North Korea has been cut off from the outside world for the past 50 years or so, I'm wondering how much someone from one of their prison camps even knows about the Holocaust?

I find it hard to believe that anyone held in a prison camp in isolation, in an long-isolated country, would immediately think of the Holocaust to which to compare their ordeal.

Sounds like a planted story to drum up some anti-North Korea sentiment.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Why can nobody do anything about it? Why is the international community reluctant to intervene. Are they scared?

There's no oil to exploit, so no one gives a damn.
Unless there's a way to get rich from their land, no one is going to do anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Your right on that count. I am unsure if NK have a formal system in place like systym the US. Yet that becomes irrelevant in the scheme as corruption and the private prison system in the USA clearly is on a parrallel.

What makes The USA any better? or worse in that instance. Maybe it is evolution of society, human rights become meaningless

Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What would you have other countries do?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Considering North Korea has been cut off from the outside world for the past 50 years or so, I'm wondering how much someone from one of their prison camps even knows about the Holocaust?

I find it hard to believe that anyone held in a prison camp in isolation, in an long-isolated country, would immediately think of the Holocaust to which to compare their ordeal.

It would have to be very isolated if that were the case. Pretty sure people still have a way of communicating and I would dare say that it would be pretty rare for any group of people on the planet to at least not know of the holocust. Experiencing it would surely make one seek out a like situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Not surprising,
What a country of power should really do in the name of humanitarian rights,..
is remove the current child that is running that hell hole, and give the peoples the choice
of resolution, education and ability to develop sustainable living under their own unanimous
combination of efforts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by magma

What would you have other countries do?

I am not sure, as I stated in the OP, is it really anyones business what another country does and how they go about their own business.?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Exactly how many thousands are locked up in the US for years because they don't give the government their "fairshare." Pot, whiskey, and spirits make the person too much money and the government too little, how do you solve that problem? Sell them to prisons.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Yeah, sounds about the same as every other bs story coming from countries who don't want a bar of the West. As for the information about the Holocaust, some diplomat probably gave them a script so it wouldn't surprise me at all that they are Holocaust experts and can make comparisons to North Korea so easily.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

As for the information about the Holocaust, some diplomat probably gave them a script so it wouldn't surprise me at all that they are Holocaust experts and can make comparisons to North Korea so easily.

I am sure the people who are in the camps would by sympathising with you for your disregard to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by DarknStormy

As for the information about the Holocaust, some diplomat probably gave them a script so it wouldn't surprise me at all that they are Holocaust experts and can make comparisons to North Korea so easily.

I am sure the people who are in the camps would by sympathising with you for your disregard to them.

Is it hard to believe that criminals may be a reality in north Korea like in every other country? The prisons in Australia are forced labour camps also, should I send a memo to Russia to come and save all the prisoners here?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

While I do see your point, what about so many more in the US Private Prison For Profit scam?

While the conditions are much worse in NK, the profiteers in the Private Prison System make money as do the States. We have also had at least one case that I know of whereas the judges made money off of putting kids in jail on minor charges so the prison system could profit.

Different and the same. It all sucks.

Peace

To even compare the two is a joke. Some people own prisons that is true but to say it is even close as the same as being born into slavery or a death camp just baffles me.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
On a side note the JDL is going to get pissed over this. There is a controversy whenever people use the holocost in reference to non-jews who died in the concentration camps, to use the same label on something else entirely is going to cause upset.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Too bad they don't have vast oil reserves.....if they did we would have already "liberated" and brought democracy to NK

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join