It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disarming American Vets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by purplemer
Do you think psychos should be allowed to carry guns..?

the people who comply with these laws and commandments will be the only ones without guns. then only the bad guys will have them. The right to own guns is not to be "infringed" and there is already a crap ton of infringing with the current laws. These vets can volunteer as guards at local schools along with retired law enforcement. give them some sense of purpose in life especially after realizing how they got royally screwed by the O administration

I have to say that if my son went to a US public school, I'd feel better knowing that a gyreen has got his back. Right now he attends a DoDs school on a military base. And it's a damned good feeling knowing that he safe.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

That's funny the government (16.5 trillion dollars of debt) telling someone they're not capable of handling there own money. I always say I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...........but at least I'm in the drawer.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.

That's funny the government (16.5 trillion dollars of debt) telling someone they're not capable of handling there own money. I always say I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...........but at least I'm in the drawer.

Glad you see the irony here..............

"Hey, we can't manage our budget deficit but let us handle your financial affairs for you since you're incompetent."

Clearly the 'government' are the ones that are incompetent.
Both parties are totally clueless to the real world.
Either that or they just don't give a damn.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

this is no different than the SSI benifit program that underage and mentally ill patients recieve for years now. if your incompetent or have a certian level of disability that prevents you from making rational decisions then having a payee that can be someone close to you is not a bad thing.. do you really want checks sent to a person who's going to give it away or misuse it because he no longer has the capacity to make these decisions himself without harming himself?

this isnt a VA issue.. this is a mental health issue. and its not new.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The noose is tightening for a repeat of Bolshevik JEWS style massacre of 60 million civilans after the Marxist takeover of Tsarist Russia, this time with far more sophisticated technology. Hold on to your guns and do not allow the treasonous jews that have thoroughly infested the US Govt get away with shenanigans aimed at incremental laws chipping away this vital lifeline until total gun confiscation. When the time for revolt comes, make sure you take out all jewish supremacist power groups first, you won't have a 2nd chance.

If any of you still doubt jews totally subverted America, take a good look at this: www.subvertednation.net...

US military personnel knows IsraHELL was responsible for 911 WTC terrorism in 2001. Vets coming back from all these illegal wars in the ME probably have a better inkling who the real enemies are: JEWS. Any of you need to be convinced of the real truth of 911? Watch: theendofzion.com...
and if you have more time:
www.911missinglinks.com...

You do not have a choice, FIGHT as a militia force or death and possibly cruel tortures is certain, jews have always done this umpteen times throughout all of history, they are addicted to seeing blood and gore of their victims whether men, women, children or even babies. They would rip the hearts out of babies with no remorse.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
As a 100% disabled veteran, I have to say that I'm on the fence. I'm a non combat vet, but have spent a good 27 years in the V.A. system and belong to several veterans forums.

Most of my mental ratings are secondary to some severe health problems. Having engaged with vets that have PTSD, alcohol and drug problems, I have to say it is in our best interests to deter people from harming themselves and others. I've been through the system and heard many a story.

People do improve however. For those that do, it's imperative to restore all citizen rights to our injured soldiers (if they've been take away)..

When I first started going to the V.A., it was mostly the older people. The change over is so obvious. It's now mostly youthful looking people and Vietnam Vets.

For the accupuncturist, you are an amazing person with a great heart. God bless you for taking care of our soldiers.

Overall, I think this issue is being overblown. Veterans have their rights and can always fight the system if they feel the V.A. is wrong. There are many veteran advocates out there, up to and including attorneys.

P.S. I've never received such letter. God forbid.
edit on 22-2-2013 by SinMaker because: Post Script

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by purplemer

So by your premise warfare injures ALL who fight and we are mentally impaired.
That being the case you will have to pay for my life as I am too dangerous to be let free.
Is your answer incarceration.segregation(that one doesn't work too well),instititionalization?
Think about things before you feel and answers are there.
It is unfortunate but our emotions are overbearing sometimes.

Your premise that my premise that all who fight are mentally impaired is incorrect. Please study what I said again correct you axiom...

I agree with you. If I went to another country and lived in a war zone for six months. I might well fail a psych test. Do you think psychos should be allowed to carry guns..?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I would not be happy with armed psycho vets controlling schools. Some people never learn. Look at Sandy Hook and think how much worse it could have been with a rambo psycho vet. I cannot understand how you can endorse such behaviour.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I would not be happy with armed psycho vets controlling schools. Some people never learn. Look at Sandy Hook and think how much worse it could have been with a rambo psycho vet. I cannot understand how you can endorse such behaviour.

Why do you keep putting Rambo in there with psycho vet?
And why do you have to call them psycho at all?
That's actually a very crude/rude term.

Not all vets are psycho, as you so eloquently put it.
My husband is one of them from years past.
And he is as sane as me or you, just harder and more cynical/skeptical. And he can't stand for his brothers to be called 'psychos' by people who haven't a clue as to the hell they've been through.

-------------

If you're referring to Rambo the movie, the character was against the local LE that alienated and prosecuted him 'cause he was a vet. It was only after being bullied that he retaliated, but never against the general public.
He didn't like authority figures very much, especially corrupt ones, but left the populous alone.
And I bet if he was standing guard at a school, no bad guy would have a chance to harm any kids.

edit on 22-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
if the person can't handle money , then should loss the right to have a gun as well

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I am re-posting a comment, I made on another discussion thread, for this exact issue.

You're a mod. Why aren't you closing this thread and redirecting to the other?

I agree that the psychological toll soldiers suffer is awful. I was under the impression that this whole thing was to keep people that had been deemed unfit to own a firearm, manage their own finances etc. from doing so, and that it isn't trying to disarm vets that are mentally sound.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

2 threads on the same subject are allowed...as long as one is posted in Breaking News.

FWIW, Infowars ran this story as their feature today, and Alex had multiple callers claiming to have received the same letter.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh. I thought the other wasn't in Breaking News.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Correct, this one is, mine is not....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Would you like to start a company with me? It's going to revolve around fitting your foot in your mouth and making microwavable crow soup. With every purchase you get one free DERP bumper sticker.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Originally posted by ausername
They made these human killing machines, now they are terrified of them.

No, it's more like they made them now they want to break them.

Break them why? Because they are afraid of them? Yeah.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Interesting is it?
And they say WE are afraid when in fact we are carriers.
We are still politely informing you to leave well enough alone, please listen to us.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

One, I do not moderate threads I contribute in.

Two, there are two threads yes, one is here obviously in breaking news, and the other is not.

There has been some discrepancy in that arena, so it will be left up to the rest of the staff to decide.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Not all vets are psycho, as you so eloquently put it.

Go back read my post again and tell me where I said all vets are psycho....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You mention it several times like a friggin mantra ace.Like vets are currently cornering the market.
I don't like psycho vets having guns either,but I think disarming the sane ones is dangerous to the country and illegal by Any measure including mag capacity.
edit on 23-2-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join