It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Question: What seems more likely?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It hasn't been announced, but say we have found evidence of matching Nazca lines, or a Stonehenge or a pyramid or something on Mars.

Would it be more probable that the creations are extraterrestrial and from a far off solar system, and were duplicated on multiple planets?

-Or

Could it be that our ancient ancestors, like us today, have had the technology for interplanetary travel? And maybe, like today, the technology became so advanced that it either caused a global cataclysm, or was dismantled because of the potential?

Just a thought I had..

edit on 21-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder this myself. If you think about just how old the planet is and how young "humans" as we know it are..... seems like it could be possible that many years ago there was another advanced race of "man" or something similar that had the technology, went to the moon and mars and built structures, maybe to colonize, maybe to leave a message to future generations. Who knows. Either way, the ptb will never let us know if they ever find out anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

or
our ancient ancestors were advanced enough to leave earth before disaster, mars was a stepping stone and off they went.
We got left behind.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Since there doesn't seem to be any good positive evidence of either of those things, I would have to say at this point that both are equally likely. Which is to say they are both completely unlikely.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think about this a lot. Humans Modern humans have been around for let's say for the sake of arguments around 100,000 years ago. And civilizations supposedly only began around 10,000 years ago.

So in that 10,000 years we have gone from a stone spear to a wheel, to a cart, to car, to landing on the moon.

Who's to say that 10,000 year or so era is not cyclical and in the past 100,000 we have been at the peak 10 or more times...That makes your mind boggle. And perhaps we have blown ourselves back to cave dwellers repeatedly.

Or

Then sometimes I think that actually "Humans" likely evolved elsewhere and this is a penile colony...

Not sure what I did but I must have been a bad, bad monkey to get left on this rock with all the rest of the crazies!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I think about this a lot. Humans Modern humans have been around for let's say for the sake of arguments around 100,000 years ago. And civilizations supposedly only began around 10,000 years ago.
...So in that 10,000 years we have gone from a stone spear to a wheel, to a cart, to car, to landing on the moon.
...Who's to say that 10,000 year or so era is not cyclical and in the past 100,000 we have been at the peak 10 or more times...That makes your mind boggle. And perhaps we have blown ourselves back to cave dwellers repeatedly.
...Or
...Then sometimes I think that actually "Humans" likely evolved elsewhere and this is a penile colony...
Not sure what I did but I must have been a bad, bad monkey to get left on this rock with all the rest of the crazies!

Boy - where did you get that?
That has been a recurring nightmare of my own.
Now I've got to wonder if there might be something to it!
Thanks a lot!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by mrperplexed

or
our ancient ancestors were advanced enough to leave earth before disaster, mars was a stepping stone and off they went.
We got left behind.

I tend to go with this theory, in particular the Atlanteans.

I believe they advanced so quick that they were no longer challenged here and simply left, possibly checking out Mars on their way.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wonder if there is any science to support such theories. Multiple cataclysms, people living in ruins of former glory, etc..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by abeverage
...So in that 10,000 years we have gone from a stone spear to a wheel, to a cart, to car, to landing on the moon.
...Who's to say that 10,000 year or so era is not cyclical and in the past 100,000 we have been at the peak 10 or more times...That makes your mind boggle. And perhaps we have blown ourselves back to cave dwellers repeatedly.
...Or
...Then sometimes I think that actually "Humans" likely evolved elsewhere and this is a penile colony...

Boy - where did you get that?
That has been a recurring nightmare of my own.
Now I've got to wonder if there might be something to it!
Thanks a lot!

Which part? If the last part look around...doesn't take much to realize this is an asylum run by the inmates...

Although if we take Australia as an example things could get better if we wanted them to.

The first part is a thought study, if that spark that created civilization was a fluke that only occurred once due to environment it seems just as likely it happened at least once before.

top topics

join