It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing nursary rime?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

i think you've hit the nail on the head, i think the whole education system is designed to brainwash innocent children into a certain way of thinking, to make people believe they have to follow a certain path in order for them to be accepted by a society that in general willingly accepts what they are told despite obvious evidence that proves otherwise, and even when its staring them in the face they are unable to process what it means because we have been subjected to brainwashing from such a young age that people refuse to believe that their are actually people in this world who see us purely as money making machines (or cattle as my previous boss describes the general public) no matter what effect it has on us.

it makes me really sad that most people genuinely believe the powers that be are only here to help us, and it crushes my heart when i try to explain some of the dangerous circumstances we are all unknowingly exposed to each day that are actually harming them and in return i get ridiculed and called weird because the things i talk of couldn't possibly be true, its when i'm asked ''why would anyone want to harm us?'' i find it such a daunting explanation that i often feel helpless, i mean, where do i even begin when as you can see you're self it starts from the moment we are born?

as for nursery rhymes, what about ''rock a bye baby'' a nursery rhyme usually sung to babies,

Rock-a-bye, baby,
In the tree top.
When the wind blows,
The cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
The cradle will fall,
And down will come baby,
Cradle and all

this is how i see it, a parent who thinks they are singing something sweet to their child is actually singing a rhyme about a baby falling to its possible death, really odd to me, people actually sing this song and have no idea what they are actually saying, surely if they understood the words they wouldn't dream of singing it, unless i've seriously mis-interpreted this,

thank you

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've been wondering how wasteful people of old were if they need 24 blackbirds to make a pie

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No santa for the children, he's a lie to make you nice
No easter for the children, those christians telling lies
No nursery rhymes for the children, they fool you into thinking
No mystery for the children, lets all just end up drinking...

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't think it's brainwashing, if anything it's a message many over look. Religious or not, life is some what like a dream. Infinite beauty in chaos at every turn, and yet it just keeps on going. Sometimes the now is insignificant, and I think this little rhyme states just that. Life is merely a dream, be merry and keep going for what comes after is what really counts.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by network dude

How about something a bit more uplifting and encouraging? Instead of brainwashing.

OK, you obviously heard and sang the song as a child. How has it detrimentally affected your life?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
All the nursery rhymes are messed up.

This one is played in an annoying loop on a boat ride in Disneyland. I don't remember the name of the ride. I couldn't wait for it to end, due to this song playing over and over The ride may be discontinued now.

'IT'S A SMALL WORLD'
Yes, I agree, once heard never forgotten..just reading your post has that song playing over and over in my mind right now!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join