It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is going on really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Havent seen anything on here about the stock market today. I visited GLP and it looks bad, however i dont trust anyone on that site. I dont know alot about the market or how to decipher and understand the whole thing either!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Globally stuff was falling like crazy last night.
I don't know about GLP?
I haven't looked at anything US today. The oil rise worries me. Currency wars worry me.
Gold is at 1576, and silver about 28.00, both down somewhat from recent prices.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Saw this - looks like US stocks are down
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 21-2-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Stocks could drop 10 per cent or more and it wouldn't mean anything imo. Believe me I'm the type who is looking for the next crisis or its catalyst, but frankly a 10 to 20 per cent plunge of the markets would be nothing, yet central bankers and hopium politicians will be spitting dummies like babies throwing tantrums, but are happy to claim to the world that everything is rosy when markets are rallying while people are self-immolating and widespread protests are raging due to deteriorating and collapsing economies and major job losses and bankruptcies. Hypocrits!

edit on 21-2-2013 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What's going on is that it appears that we may be on the verge of another market crash / rescession. Things have been flying high, with very little of it based on reality and solid fundamentals. However, rumblings from our overlords in the federal reserve have reversed some of these market highs.

Please see: www.infowars.com...

Also: theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

For those of us who play the stock market, it doesn't matter whether it's up or down, it's all about getting on the right side of the trade. Keep in mind that the stock market and the actual economy have become almost completely disassociated from each other, almost like they're two separate economies.

What you see is an upcoming "market correction"...meaning, wall street will have to come back down to earth and reality, at least for a little while. Market corrections are usually pre-planned to a large degree and are an excellent way for the Big Money Players to short the market and make a fortune. Don't ever assume that the stock market, or the numbers concerning housing, unemployment, etc., represent what is going on in the real world. It's all a lie. Prices on commodities are heavily manipulated, as a rule. Gold and silver are being scooped up at very low prices right now. How handy for certain entities that are supposed to come up with the physical metal but, "somehow" they just don't have it in the vaults.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No mystery here.

Go to Google Finance and click on the S&P 500 (INDEXSP:.INX). When the chart comes up select the All in the Zoom: options.

Notice that it's making a triple top with the other two highs in 2000 and 2007. Coincidentally that happened right before the last two recessions. What does this mean? Well, we know things are bad out there no matter how much the media try to say everything is wonderful. If we look at what happened the last two times everything was wonderful it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the next move in the market is going to be.

What can you do about it? Nothing, but you can sell all the paper investments you got, short the S&P 500 and make money on the way down.

Whether or not those dollars will be worth anything in the end is only a question of how bad the economy is going to continue to implode.

Happy trading.

new topics

top topics

join