It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway Storms Out On Israeli Student During Oxford University Debate (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

I'll give him this, at least he is honest in his opinions. (I do have quite a bit of Scot in my bloodline as well).

But he still drives me batty sometimes. Too entrenched in his opinions to listen to the other side.
edit on 21-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Lol apolagies i didnt mean i stated new information!, only that i was slow in realising what he was doing

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Good grief. I have no great love for the political movements abroad in Israel right now, but I've even less than that for George Galloway. His entire political carreer, is based on being contraversial enough, to shock and dismay people into remembering his name, and pretty much empty of any meat or value.

I am sick to the back teeth of that particular individual. It does not show Mr Galloway, a politician of many years expirience, in anything approaching a good light if he is so incapable of having a reasonable debate with someone who is decades his junior, no matter where they may be from.

He is a man of whom I can think of very little to say, that would not be read as either disdainful, or downright insulting.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Funny to see how things evolving over time…

An anti-Semite used to be a person who disliked Jews. Now it is a person who Jews dislike, sort of mentality like “If you disagree with us, you’re anti-Semitic.” Right or wrong in other word , the Zionist state of Israel.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Galloway is a self serving publicist. He is pandering to his electorate which has a significant Muslim base.

It serves no one except his macho persona to walk out of debates when face with someone from Israel. No doubt many of his electorate punched the air and robotically chanted “Allah Akbar” as Galloway furthered the cause of intolerance in pursuance of the vote.

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Aslan-Levy said: "I am appalled that an MP would storm out of a debate with me for no reason other than my heritage. "To refuse to talk to someone just because of their nationality is pure racism, and totally unacceptable for a member of parliament."

GTFO

Since when did refusing to talk to someone because of their NATIONALITY become PURE RACISM ?

As much as Aslan Levy thinks that he is special because of his Jewish heritage it still doesent make him a different race.

In fact him and Mr Galloway by the looks of it, belong to the same type of race.

White on white racism

What a f joke.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It might not technically be racism to refuse to debate someone because of their race but it's highly prejudiced. And of course basically an ad hominem way of not having to engage.

Galloway is a permatanned self publicist and a thug.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
George Galloway did say ISRAELIS and not JEWS.
Okay - big difference. However, he may be an anti-jew too who knows. Wont be the first .

But whats important is to acknowledge exactly what he said. He is taking a stance against ISRAEL maybe he even agrees with the Iran idea that Israel should not exist. Who knows. But if you dislike a government it seems abit silly to not speak or debate with its people.

I mean because the American government behaves badly, I dont suddenly say I wont speak or debate with Americans.

Yes, anyone who says he is a racist is flaming the fans of fire, which is just stupid. And is trying to start some race war.

But agreed he is taking a hard line approach. And trying to throw some impact.
edit on 22-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISeekTruth101
But now i understand he is mounting an offensive againts the israeli's regime using their own tactics which is boycotting and refusing to recognize the entitiy known as israel being an independant state.

What a plonker he is. Though he speaks a good deal of truth, let's not forget he didn't mind meeting with Saddam Hussein. No principles stopping him there eh?

The difference between this and walking out of, say a UN meeting, is that this was a debate with private citizens - not state officials. If he truly wants to get his point across where better than to engage with ordinary Israelis? Let's not forget also that not every Israeli is a Zionist.
edit on 22-2-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Not every Israeli is a Zionist. Infact there are anti zionist Jews in Israel. They are there due to " safety" more than because they subscribe to the Zionist ideology.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Not every Israeli is a Zionist. Infact there are anti zionist Jews in Israel.

That's what I said! You are either Zionist or not. Sigh....
Whatever - if we took the view that we don't engage with our enemies or those of opposing views there will never be peace. It's beyond stupid. GG refusing to engage (with a private individual!) because he doesn't recognise the Israeli state is just as reprehensible as Israel not wanting to recognise Palestine.
He should be bigger than that. But it was possibly just a publicity gesture.
'Respect'? Gimme a break...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
George's tweet on the matter said he felt he walked into an Israeli trap, whatever that means. I've always been a fan of George, anyone who is a hated by both labourites and Torries, must have something worth hearing in my book. I listened to his show on the radio for about 8 years and I can tell you he is not an anti Semite. He maybe a little sanctimonious, but he stands out because the surrounding political landscape is so flat. He's the lefts version of Nigel farage in that respect.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I agree Im just pointing out that the " racists" is the media. Seriously, they have all jumped up and called him a racist. To be Israeli is NOT an ethnicity. There are black/ashkenzi/sephardic Israelis and also Muslim Israelis/Christian Israelis just to name a few. They should go back to the drawing board because they know exactly what nonsense they are saying.

But George Galloway came in and did his " thing" which was to draw attention to his opinion that Israel has no right to exist. Again as you said a Zionist ideology.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'm surprised George is still alive....he must be in the Crosshairs.

Still like the guy as a debater and politician though...he should have stuck around as it could have been a cracking debate, but if his principle is never to debate the subject of Israel with a Israeli then so be it....He said he was duped on the subject to be debated.....I dont believe he was.
It's like this, Israel dont do debates on the subject of The Palestine.... It's a cut and dried case as far as Israel are concerned.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So who will he blame when the Muslims take down Britain and install Sharia Law?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
No t surprising really, George Galloway is a tit :-)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by TDawgRex

No, he's like most working class Scotsmen that grew up in the slums of Dundee or Glasgow. We tend not to mince our words and persistently feel the need to bite our tongues so as not to offend those who take a verbal slapping across the face with a bit of truth, well like you seem to be. The man has conviction, and principals and yes, an attitude. Maybe if we had a few more of him and a few less Nick Cleggs oe Ed Balls (yawn) we might be in a better place

edit on 21-2-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

I agree totally, once upon a time an MP did something stupid on TV... The end.

Galloway's opposition rely upon this single piece of information every time he ruffles their feathers. Most online commentators haven't a clue about his present politics, nor would understand it. Even more haven't even heard of him since Big Brother.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join