It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo III - PS3 & PS4 - Welcome to the Console!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The problem is not that Blizzard aren’t developing Diablo 3 on PS3 – they’ve admitted they are several times over – it’s more a question of whether it’ll ever get released on consoles.

This highlights the underlying problem. Somewhere there is almost certainly a PS3 version of Diablo running on a dev kit. It just might not see the light of day. Ever. Blizzard have been burned before on console with Starcraft: Ghost. That was a stealth shooter take on their strategy game originally announced in 2005. Technically it’s never been cancelled with Blizzard’s co-founder Frank Pearce saying it simply wasn’t the “company’s focus” way back in 2008 (it’s almost certainly been canceled).

Official Playstation Magazine

But that article is almost a year old. However blizzard has announced they will be releasing the console version sometime next month.

The PS3 version of Diablo III will make its public debut at PAX East in the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center from March 22–24, and attendees of the convention will be some of the first to defend the world of Sanctuary via handheld controllers.

Diablo III for the PS3™/PS4™ will be based on the core PC game and feature all the latest updates, including Paragon levels, the Infernal Machine event, Monster Power, Brawling, and more. This version is also being tailored with customized controls, a new user interface, and a dynamic camera perspective to provide an awesome Diablo III experience for PlayStation gamers. Players will be able to wage war against the Burning Hells on their own in single-player games as well as team up and destroy countless demons with their fellow Nephalem in multiplayer games. For multiplayer, players will have the option to choose between four-player online (complete with matchmaking) and four-player local co-op modes for their couch-based warfare.

Horses Mouth

I doubt buying it a second time is worth it though. Don't you? Especially since they removed the add your own skill point. ( Ah if only people knew how to play diablo 2. Meaning they took it away because people didn't have the intelligence to not load vitality with skill points hence making crap characters)

If i"m wrong here then you tell me why that aspect was removed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't buy Diablo 3 again. I basically bought my laptop (albiet I needed one since the old one had just broken) to have the specifications to run the game. So far the experiences I have had with playing computer developed games on a console have not been good. Actually the most recent experience was so horrible that it almost broke my ps3 (the system has now been retired and I move onto 3rd ps3). I see no reason for them to do this. Maybe they should try with their next big game.

For multiplayer, players will have the option to choose between four-player online (complete with matchmaking) and four-player local co-op modes for their couch-based warfare.

Although that would be sweet. LOCAL play with the husband and friends....

edit on 21/2/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have no interest in toys. Maybe if I was 13 years old again I'd have a stronger opinion. Adults shouldn't play video games.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I have no interest in toys. Maybe if I was 13 years old again I'd have a stronger opinion. Adults shouldn't play video games.

As I read this I couldn't help but wonder why your on this web site as the same principalities apply.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

What do you think of the ps4's controller?

Also I look forward to playing Diablo III on the system

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Honestly I see nothing great here!

I'll prolly buy a ps3 to play it on since the bonus of owning a ps3 would be god of war. Other then that I'm a 360 guy.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This made me
I don't think I have ever met someone with that opinion

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh yeah whats that black thing in the middle for? Is it like a sensor or something?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

PS4 controller looks like every other PS controller they ever had. I understand about keeping it comfortable and familiar though. Its still kind of boring

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

The Wii U controller is better

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

But you are interested enough to state such a comment on a "video game" forum ?
lol

It's like going to a toy store and making the same comment to someone that works there. What's the point?

eta: It's ok if you are 13, at least your logic seems to level with your age.
edit on 21-2-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

What do you think of the ps4's controller?

Also I look forward to playing Diablo III on the system

The PS controller is the best controller ever since they came up with it still on the original first ps - I mean of course the "dual shock" version.

They shouldnt change the controller - I've had all the playstations so far, and all other consoles as well excluding the Wiis and seriously... if its good - don't fix it.

Still... bringing Diablo 3 to the ps3 or 4 is not so much of a deal... because D3 is nothing compared to other Diablos... its just the percursor to bringing Titan for the PS4 - nice move tho

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Honestly I have almost completely abandoned my 360 and PS3. I upgraded my PC and have never looked back. The only reason I play consoles nowadays is to get games like Halo, Killzone, Metalgear etc. Hopefully the new-gen will have some stellar upgrades.

As for playing D3 on consoles, I just can't see it working that well. I often found playing any RTS or games simular to Diablo on consoles really takes away from the gameplay. Remember Starcraft 64? Oh god it was terrible.

If they do decide to go ahead with this then I hope they implement everything correctly. It could either be awesome, or awful. I'm just waiting for VR now

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its nice lots of producers like Bungee and Blizzard joining PS for making games.

PS3 will live for a while, 2016 to b exact.. the PlayStation 10 yr guarantee. The console will make games for 10 yrs since inception.

PS3 can be used as a PC too lol. Well for internet browsing and media and movies etc etc

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
But yah, after spending so much money on upgrading my pc, games are so much better on pc; it's more intimate imo. My pc gamers know what I'm talking about.

Diablo 3, not much of a fan. *Ducks*
Pheww, that was close.

But I am currently playing Dead Space 3. Devil May Cry, Planet Side 2 ( my main fps game), Lucius, and Quantum Conundrum ( It's like Portal, puzzle solving fun game).

I think a console needs to really impress me for me to even consider it.
edit on 21-2-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
the reason is money, obviously . not necessarily directly from D3, but rather, from them knowing how to develop for console, so as to make more money in the future.

As far as this news... I thought D3 was terrible, nothing like 1 & 2..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
PC may be better if it wasn't for the constant breakdowns they have, well with me anyways.

At least I know my console is more than likely going to fire up everytime and not crash to the desktop and cost a few hundred bucks to repair.

top topics

join