Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The prayer that shocked the world

page: 3
44
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I'm off to work now Aquestion
But well put, well thought out and thanks for the reply, I always enjoy our interactions.
Have a great day




posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, this prayer is indeed very shocking...And every line can be related to the events that are INDEED happening today...he certainly summarized it well.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yet another fool with power who is convinced that he can get out of
doing work by calling on an imaginary being to fill the gap, hey how
about this, lets actually take responsibility for OUR MISTAKES and
not brush it off, pray and think hey, i did my part......

Maybe if people like him actually fixed something, were honest and
could balance a budget we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with,
more church or religion has never EVER helped the world, it only
ever leads to ignorance, excuses or to oppression of anyone who
does not want to play pretend with them......

if you want to see what religion brings to the world there are a hundred
countries you can look to, every single one of them is oppressive, religion
does not encourage freedom as it plainly states you must submit to its
rule or be punished, it does not take souls and turn them good it takes
hostages and turns them with Stockholm syndrome.

Way to waste everyone's time talking to an imaginary being all the while
you know very well this man is part of the problem, lining his pockets
because hey everyone does it and if i fight the system how can i win?
excuse after excuse is all i hear and see, maybe instead of talking we
could see them dig up a bit of morality and fix a thing or two...... nah too
much work, lets just pray about it, that's fixed so many things in history.

I swear its almost like people forget the history brought to us by these
wonderful moral organizations, hatred, bigotry, slavery, murder, the list
goes on and on, the sad fact is the more religious our country becomes
the worse things seem to get all around, education, economy, freedom.......



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am still shocked!

No.

I and most of the world you are talking about has never heard of that man, his prayer or cared about that ceremony. Speak for the US of A, if you really want to.


It is like me telling you that you all were shocked to hear about some priest over here telling Angela Merkel to stop caring about Europe. It would have no relevance to anyone.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000
"Shocked the world?"

I'm guessing the 'The World' is more than a slight exaggeration.



Not if you're American.
Because then, you really do think the whole entire world exists entirely for your wonderfulness.

The only people on the internet who would say "our country" without bothering to specify which one, or even thinking that one should be specified.

edit on 22-2-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hi all, Canadian Pete in england here,..i'm posting about the prayer of public repentance by this US senator or whatever he is,it is a good prayer!,God tells us in the bible to turn from our wicked ways and that guy knows what the US and the rest of the world is headed towards- JUDGEMENT!!. I noticed there is the usual "scoffer" remarks on here about "why pray to a being that does'nt exist,etc,etc",..someone on here said that we gotta take the US back form those devil and money worshipping monsters,,yes, great!.please just consider this "hypothetical" scenario please...the "powers that be" the government,CIA,FBI,the feds,the illuminati devil worshipping monsters knew that an increasing number of poeple would become aware of their master plan and that US citizens would "rebel" against the takeover.so they programmed and brainwashed [MK ultra crap or whatever] in committing mass murder with firearms so then at the appropriate time after some years of this carnage they could turn round and say- we are banning firearms "because of public safety".then when the uprising against the satanic puppets took place their would be far less active resistance becuase nearly everybody would then be unarmed..i am sorry to be stating the obvious to many of you but there are so many on her too that are either "asleep" or gone over to the dark side.Also, we should all realise the illuminati satanic puppets are actively on this site too with diatribe,nd to discredite..JESUS said-"everybody that does'nt gather with me-scatters".. that means folks for those of you that don't get it-if you are not for him then you are against him!. repent or perish! because the time is short!!..
edit on 22-2-2013 by canuck7 because: i got mixed up trying to post my comment so i made a mistake and posted the last comment my someone else by accident.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
People religion is not Christianity nor did God do all the bad things we have.

Cheap shots.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Yet another fool with power who is convinced that he can get out of
doing work by calling on an imaginary being to fill the gap, hey how
about this, lets actually take responsibility for OUR MISTAKES and
not brush it off, pray and think hey, i did my part......

Maybe if people like him actually fixed something, were honest and
could balance a budget we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with,
more church or religion has never EVER helped the world, it only
ever leads to ignorance, excuses or to oppression of anyone who
does not want to play pretend with them......

if you want to see what religion brings to the world there are a hundred
countries you can look to, every single one of them is oppressive, religion
does not encourage freedom as it plainly states you must submit to its
rule or be punished, it does not take souls and turn them good it takes
hostages and turns them with Stockholm syndrome.

Way to waste everyone's time talking to an imaginary being all the while
you know very well this man is part of the problem, lining his pockets
because hey everyone does it and if i fight the system how can i win?
excuse after excuse is all i hear and see, maybe instead of talking we
could see them dig up a bit of morality and fix a thing or two...... nah too
much work, lets just pray about it, that's fixed so many things in history.

I swear its almost like people forget the history brought to us by these
wonderful moral organizations, hatred, bigotry, slavery, murder, the list
goes on and on, the sad fact is the more religious our country becomes
the worse things seem to get all around, education, economy, freedom.......


your comments are incorrect.
religion is a great thing to have for the masses. the only problem is that very few people actually practice what the bible teaches. they just dont get serious enough about it.
the prayer cited by the OP is right on the money and its good to be reminded of such things.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

I may be a non religious Brit but
Makes you think doesn't it ?

Cody


The ONLY thing this makes me think it's that this imbecile is an opinionated bigot who thinks his way of life is better than mine because the good book told him so. Politics is supposed to be secular, not full of metaphysical bull# for children. Join the church if religion matters to you, but please keep your dumb ass magical worldview within the community which supports it.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 

Makes me think another confused right-wing preacher wants to tell me/us HOW TO BE, how to act, how to dress, how to speak, when to laugh, when to cry and how to THINK....

The juxtaposition of competing philosophies and lingo are designed to confuse & disorientate the flock so whatever veiled right-wing dogma he says later sinks in (to opposing memory slots). More shallow confused/confusing rubbish that hits the depth of argument average right-wing simpletons can handle - about 1 inch (which is as far as they'll budge from their INDOCTRINATED views)!!?.

Sorry, I hate blanket rules and shallow pseudo-philosophy.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee
 


There is far more EVIL in the bible(s) than 'GOOD' - by a long, long way... What sanctimonious 'good' rules / advice contained therein are mostly wishy-washy, impractical crud, or TOTALLY IGNORED by the average right-winger...

Secular laws, though often themselves highly repressive are actually less repressive than the old, religion-inspired laws... Laws which progress removed.

I'm opposed to state tyranny as much as the next libertarian but would choose state-tyranny over religious tyranny any-day, having studied history from many ANGLES.. Progression beats regression (especially to a rose-tinted time that NEVER existed).

It is those that have questioned or freed themselves to a large extent from religious dogma that have PROGRESSED KNOWLEDGE of OUR WORLD and OUR SURVIVAL...



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'll bet he didn't walk to that meeting to make that "prayer" speech thingy. I bet he did in fact have a cellphone in his pocket, credit cards in his wallet, kids in private school, big-screen TV's in his house, a big@ss car in the garage, a vacation home in the mountains, a retirement account in the bank, a college degree, and that he did in fact participate as an active member and user of each and every "sin" he bemoaned in that speech camouflaged as a prayer.

Hypocrisy FAIL.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by cody599

I may be a non religious Brit but
Makes you think doesn't it ?

Cody


The ONLY thing this makes me think it's that this imbecile is an opinionated bigot who thinks his way of life is better than mine because the good book told him so. Politics is supposed to be secular, not full of metaphysical bull# for children. Join the church if religion matters to you, but please keep your dumb ass magical worldview within the community which supports it.


I hope you're calling the preacher an imbecile
and that I just miconstrued that



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599


"Woe to those who call evil good", but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.


Quite possibly the purest, harsh truth, I've ever seen posted here, or anywhere.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


I have to say his best point would be the abuse of power that we call politics.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
He missed the part where tax exemptions for churches cost the government 70 billion a year which is just about enough to cover the cost of feeding every single hungry person in the world and paying for the united states universal health insurance.

Instead of paying to feed the poor and care for the unhealthy people go to church to pray that god fixes the problems.

really makes you think doesnt it?



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius
 


You make an interesting point. What happens if you repeat your prayers?



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake
 





He missed the part where tax exemptions for churches cost the government 70 billion a year which is just about enough to cover the cost of feeding every single hungry person in the world and paying for the united states universal health insurance. Instead of paying to feed the poor and care for the unhealthy people go to church to pray that god fixes the problems. really makes you think doesnt it?


I told you it would make you think
And it's been a great debate so far guys thanks for all the input
edit on 22-2-2013 by cody599 because: Usual



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A lot of the things mentioned are definitely things that need to be fixed. I am religious. Raised a Catholic. However, i don't go to Church as often as i should.

I think a lot of it is just common sense, when looking at the mess the world is in today. Although, it's sad how uncommon common sense is these days.
edit on 22-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
A lot of the things mentioned are definitely things that need to be fixed. I am religious. Raised a Catholic. However, i don't go to Church as often as i should.

I think a lot of it is just common sense, when looking at the mess the world is in today. Although, it's sad how uncommon common sense is these days.
edit on 22-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)


That'll be the govt dumbing down and nanny state [snip]
I used to able to cut off a finger at work, go to the hospital and be back at work in a few hours (figuratively)

Now I if I get a splinter it takes 3 hours of paperwork to get the tweezers






top topics



 
44
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join