It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Bobcats Confront Each Other on Suburban Texas Lawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Residents witnessed an unusual event when a pair of wild bobcats confronted each other in a tense stand-off in a suburban neighborhood.

While the bobcats mostly just stared each other down, their face-off did get a bit physical. "They were clawing and scratching, biting at each other, jumping up and down in the air. It was a wild scene,"

www.pawnation.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

What's the most annoying sound in the world, lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

i thought the same thing when i watched this video... lol

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

The sound is definitly worse than nails on a chalk board.

I had to turn the sound down on the video to get through it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Bobcats are awesome. But they're so mean! ha.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Crazy thought.

Almost all animals solve their disputes without getting into total destruction mode. They will cause harm for sure... and in extreme circumstances do actually kill. But most disputes seem to be solved like this.

What if they are able to "sense" out who would actually win to the death in all probable scenarios via the way they express their aggression here. That way they can reduce any unnecessary physical harm while still "knowing who's boss". These sort of tense showdowns would only happen between relatively similar strengths because obviously overbalanced ones would be resolved on first sight.

We however, with most people lacking a truly strong intuitive sense... have to actually *do* it all the way to the end. Or at least we're led to believe so.

Dunno if that comes out clear... but it was interesting to see that they really seemed to need to figure out who was the true strength, but didn't want to cause each other any actual harm.
edit on 21-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I live near there. We used to see coyotes all the time, even in our yard. The neighborhood assn actually had to send out a notice for everyone not to let pets AND SMALL CHILDREN out in your front yard! Lest they get ate up!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What an ANNOYING GUY - with his 'loser' comment in the end.

I'd a loved to have seen that cat turn on him - then see who the LOSER was! LOL.

No really.

Thanks for posting OP - it's great to see nature - even when it's out of it's element! And can you imagine hearing that sound behind out on a trail in the woods? WOOHOOO!

peace

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Go camping deep in the woods and hear a sound like that. After you change your pants get back to us.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It wasn't me, I swear!

The above pic is of a domesticated bobcat that belongs to an online friend of mine. They had raised two as kits along with their common cats and they all got along. I wouldn't mess with wild ones though. Such beautiful creatures! I would love to pet one!

new topics

top topics

join