learn more

The milk conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

And? Where's the decent chocolate milk? There's another conspiracy. I have one store in 10 miles that has real chocolate milk.

There is only one decent chocolate milk, and that's Promised Land Midnight Chocolate, full milkfat.

Nothing, nothing else comes close. Nothing. No HFCS, no hormones, no coloring.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At the moment, we get our milk from a friend that has pet goats. Fresh goat milk kicks butt, and we'll raise our own as soon as life settles down and we get the farm I bought last year into some semblance of order.

Hard to do that from 2400 miles off, though.

You can also use the goats as little portable lawn mowers, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation
[more

I watched a documentary a few weeks back called ''Food Inc'', and even though I already have a good idea about how much our food has been messed with it still gave me a much needed kick up the butt to really think about everything i put in my body,

On this programme it runs through how milk is produced and now i only ever buy organic milk, it might be worth you looking into what effects bovine growth hormones have on the health of the poor cows, and the pus that is produced as a result, then think about how this pus is in the milk you drink..... it made my stomach turn. the pus is caused by infections in the udders due to the use of these hormones.

about 6 years ago when i was completely oblivious to any of the topics that are covered here on ATS i read a magazine article that was written by heather mills mccartney and this explained the pus thing then, it explained that by law every pint of milk can contain upto 4 million pus cells, i didn't drink milk after that for about a year but over time i just seemed to forget what i'd read until i watched food inc,

i've managed to find the article from mccartney, see link
www.milkmyths.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I own and operate an organic dairy. I drink more than 32-48 oz of mostly warm milk a day both bovine and caprine. Not skim, not filtered straight from the source - whole milk.

I am fine. I have a certified organic operation.

Factory dairy farming is cruel, the animals are mutilated, live in unsanitary conditions and are injected with all manner of hormones (to increase lactation) and antibiotics (to prevent mastitis). They are fed an unnatural diet with animal protein added which leads to constant loose stools diarrhea and discomfort.

In response to the poster who opined that no species should drink the milk of another - balderdash!

Human beings have been consuming the milk of domestic animals of all species since we evolved from hunter gatherers into herders and farmers.

Milk is an important source of protein. In some cultures milk is the primary source of it. Bedouins in the Sahara exist primarily on a diet of came and goats milk supplemented with occasional meat and fruit primarily dates. The Mongols conquered a good portion of the known world on a diet of horse milk and horse meat.

It is the advent of modern milk processing methods - which arose out of necessity when people abandoned the family milk cow/goat and moved into large urban populations. Prior to a reliable refrigeration method during the transportation of the product from the farms to the cities (in America prior to 1900 or so) a good many people were getting sick from salmonella. So the government mandated pasteurization and later ultra pasteurization as a preventative measure.

This process reduces the nutritional value of the product and raises the price of course.

Those regulations and methods are not really necessary any longer as the product can be well refrigerated at all stages of production and transportation; however, since the FDA/USDA wants to justify a large portion of its budget and staffing for the inspection and enforcement of compliance with these regulations they remain to this day.

I am a professional dairyman and if you have any further questions regarding the milk industry I would be happy to answer them as well as dispel many of the uninformed positions that some have posted here.

Drink milk - if you can buy organic raw milk. It is healthy and good for you!

edit on 21/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)
edit on 21/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985... and the pus that is produced as a result, then think about how this pus is in the milk you drink..... it made my stomach turn. the pus is caused by infections in the udders due to the use of these hormones.

You know, of course, that the phrase "pus cells" doesn't make any sense. It's one of those phrases PETA uses to get an emotional response. And I see you're quoting McCartney, so yep, vegan propaganda.

Human breast milk has white cells in it too - you're FEEDING YOUR BABY PUS CELLS OMG!!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

hello, i'm still very much learning about the food industry and one question i have is how is organic milk produced differently from everyday supermarket milk, are bovine growth hormones still used to the same extent?
i only ask as you operate an organic dairy and mention you drink bovine growth milk too, i was under the impression that organic milk wouldn't have been produced using growth hormones but something tells me i may have got this wrong,

i'd love to buy organic raw milk but i don't know of anywhere locally that sells it unfortunately so i'm hoping pasturised milk is the next best option,

thank you

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well yeah, that is the reason they want people to drink milk. It has a natural tranquilizer in it. Pasteuring milk also breaks up the chemical n-acetyl cycteine which helps us heal and protects the mitochondria. They take the good parts out of it so we need doctors. I suppose they pasteurize milk there also. That is the only way they can steer the money through big business, so they make selling raw milk illegal here also. They homoginize milk here also which breaks the cells and releases all the chemicals to get absorbed immediately instead of slowly. This causes a lot of problems in the body.

Controlling people by deceiving them has been going on for thousands of years. Don't you think there would be experts in this field? Only the ones at the top know this fact though, we aren't supposed to know. If you tell the wrong people you know they lock you up and stick pills in you to make you numb. SSShhhhh.
edit on 21-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

i'd just like to point out i'm not vegan or vegetarian, i was just using that article to explain what first brought the whole milk situation to me in the first place, and yes breast milk does have white cells, but surely they do not contain pus that is only there in the first place because of an infection? it can't be natural for us to be drinking pus from infected cows udders can it? i'd rather not as long as i have a choice,

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
...and mention you drink bovine growth milk too, i was under the impression that organic milk wouldn't have been produced using growth hormones but something tells me i may have got this wrong,

He didn't say anything about drinking bovine growth hormones - he said he drank 'milk, both bovine and caprine'.

Translation: he drinks both cow and goat milk. The word "bovine" means "from cows", not growth hormone.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

They homoginize milk here also which breaks the cells and releases all the chemicals to get absorbed immediately instead of slowly. This causes a lot of problems in the body.

What cells in the milk are you thinking are being broken? Seriously asking. Milk's not a cellular material for the most part.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Translation: he drinks both cow and goat milk. The word "bovine" means "from cows", not growth hormone

thank you for clearing this up for me, like i said, i'm still learning and i'm not ashamed to admit that i did not know bovine means from cows, we only learn by asking questions

thank you

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

i'd just like to point out i'm not vegan or vegetarian, i was just using that article to explain what first brought the whole milk situation to me in the first place, and yes breast milk does have white cells, but surely they do not contain pus that is only there in the first place because of an infection? it can't be natural for us to be drinking pus from infected cows udders can it? i'd rather not as long as i have a choice,

I understand, but the phrase "pus cell" screams PETA, they and their sock puppets like CSPI are the only people who use the phrase in literature.

There isn't any such thing as a "pus cell". What do you think that would be? You don't have "pus cells" as a blood component. When they say "pus cell", they're renaming white cells something disgusting sounding to engender an emotional kneejerk reaction. It's like little kids trying to gross each other out by calling hamburger "crushed up dead murdered cow muscle".

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

They homoginize milk here also which breaks the cells and releases all the chemicals to get absorbed immediately instead of slowly. This causes a lot of problems in the body.

What cells in the milk are you thinking are being broken? Seriously asking. Milk's not a cellular material for the most part.

Milk fat is secreted from mammary epithelial cells as fat globules which are primarily composed of a globule of triglyceride surrounded by a lipid bilayer membrane similar to the apical membrane of the epithelial cells (discussed in more detail in the Lesson on Milk Fat Synthesis). This fat globule membrane helps to stabilize the fat globules in an emulsion within the aqueous environment of milk from site classes.ansci.illinois.edu...

Technically it is a cell because it is surrounded by a membrane. If they put you in jail they put you in a cell.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

There's a whole set of Latin and Greek animal referents like that. Porcine, piscine, caprine, bovine, canine, feline, corvid etc. For pretty much any critter you can imagine, there's a Latin term that groups similar animals.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ah. I don't think that's technically a cell, but I see what you're talking about now.

IIRC your armpit secretions are packaged the same way, it's been a long time since I had to study that.

BTW, once it's homogenized, it reforms into micelles, somewhat similar.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

i see what you're saying about pus cell phrase not making sense, i'm just not very good with the correct terminologies so i tend to describe things in a way i can relate to (i really hope that made sense).

the points you've brought up made me do a little research and this is how i can best explain it, white blood cells fight infections by engulfing harmful bacteria and in then turns to pus, but the pus can still carry some of the live bacteria and this is what we are drinking,

not to mention how sore it must be for the cows who have to be continuously milked even when they are in so much pain,

i didn't mean to try and mislead anyone and i hope the above description is more accurate,

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

not to mention how sore it must be for the cows who have to be continuously milked even when they are in so much pain,

The fix for mastitis is milking. You can't NOT milk a dairy cow that's producing, it's cruel. I can tell you from long experience growing up on a farm, that cow will let you know it's time to get your butt out of bed and get to work.

Actually, if YOU were breastfeeding your baby, and YOU got mastitis, the doc will tell you to let the baby nurse, not to pump and discard. Apparently 'pus cells' are no issue.

@Golf66 - did you grow up on a farm too? I swear there's a conspiracy to select farm kids...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

We have fat cells in our bodies that are made almost the same way.

The lactobacilli that convert the lactose are in the intestines but breaking apart these cells releases the contents into the milk. The lactose is absorbed through the stomach where there is nothing to process it. The coating on the cells is made out of some kind of a glucose that is not effected by acid so only a small portion of the raw milks cell contents are released in the stomach to be absorbed. The microbes in our guts can break these cells apart with enzymes they create and convert the lactose to a usable energy source for us.

This can be construed as lactose intolerance. Another way to have lactose intolerance is if the immune system kills the lactobacilli because some time in your history their populations got out of hand and your body built resistance to them. True allergies to milk are rare, I have that. I am allergic to the protein in milk, a constituent of the albumin in milk. I think it's referred to as albumin. I tend to classify things to other things that are similar. This is a whey allergy and this allergy is dependent on the type of cow that gives the milk. They have type a and type b milk cows. I think I can drink the milk from one of the types but not the other. In this country the most productive cows for milk are in the type I have an allergy to. Sucks. I still drink milk once a week even though I have an allergy. It is a pretty good source of calcium and it can trigger the allergy to kick in a little which could actually help to fight cancer when it is small.

I don't fear milk, I can drink it occassionally and I like ice cream in the summer. I guess if you want to have some fun you are going to pay for it one way or another. My wife looks like me like I am inferior because of a few intollerances to food. I'm going to make here eat smoked fish, pickled herring, and head cheese some day to show her that I am not inferior. I have type A blood, she has type O. She is allergic to things but says she doesn't like them so won't eat them. Why doesn't she like them is the answer to the question.
edit on 21-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

We have fat cells in our bodies that are made almost the same way.

The lactobacilli that convert the lactose are in the intestines but breaking apart these cells releases the contents into the milk. The lactose is absorbed through the stomach where there is nothing to process it. The coating on the cells is made out of some kind of a glucose that is not effected by acid so only a small portion of the raw milks cell contents are released in the stomach to be absorbed. The microbes in our guts can break these cells apart with enzymes they create and convert the lactose to a usable energy source for us.

I don't think the lactose is inside the fat globules, it's in the watery component of the milk. Also, your intestines produce lactase to break down the lactose, not lactobacilli. Unless you don't produce it, some people don't.

I also don't think you absorb lactose through your stomach wall.

Ever tried goat milk? It's pretty non-allergenic.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

i should probably have also made it clear that the hormone i'm referring to is Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH or rBST) and the cows that are injected with rBGH (which is a genetically engineered hormone manufactured by monsanto!!!) are subjected to a significantly increased chance of developing painful mastitis among many other ailments and i just don't feel that the increased suffering is neccessary, especially when this process doesn't benefit anybody in any way at all,

please have a look at this link www.psr.org...

i'm really glad you've questioned me as i'm discovering more every second, rbgh causes the insulin like growth hormone igf-1 to increase significantly and this can lead to the development of many health issues, including polycystic ovary syndrome - something which affects me, and when i was diagnosed my doctor first of all laughed as he told me i wasn't the usual patient as i'm not overweight, please bear in mind that he was laughing as he was informing me that i may never be able to have a child naturally... i couldn't believe how insensitive he was, so he prescribed me Metformin (a drug used to treat diabetes, which i don't have) to help with my chances of conceiving, but the data sheet said i should not take metformin if i was pregnant or trying to conceive, confused? hell yes!!! from that very moment i've questioned everything i thought i knew and i've been on one heck of a revealing journey ever since,

this does also make me wonder if rBGH is a big contributing factor towards diabetes? just a thought though,

here's another site to check out www.ethicalinvesting.com...

thanks for you're time

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join