It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The milk conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Have you noticed that after drinking cow milk you get relaxed and sleepy? It's because milk naturally contain the chemical Tryptophan - a chemical that has seen use as an anti-depressive medicine. In my country the government says you should drink 1 liter (0.26 US gallons) each day for supposed "health benefits", but is it possible that they use milk as a tool for population control - to keep us passive and docile? Drugging us down without us knowing it?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Honestly, it would not surprise me in the least. Seems like everything now has added "beneficial to health" ingredients in it. Beneficial to who's health?! =/ It is a shame really.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

I have found in recent years that the usual brands of milk not only make me feel full and sleepy but also give me gastrointestinal problems, while organic milk gives me none of these problems. After talking to my physician I have come to the conclusion that it is related to the antibiotics and hormones that they are giving cows nowadays and not a case of a suddenly developed lactose intolerance or any other physical malady. According to my doctor in recent years he has seen an increasing amount of people who are having these same problems that have been easily remedied by having the patients switch to organic dairy products. It makes me wonder what else could be different with cows and/or dairy products in recent times. Maybe GMO feed crops?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
See, 75%-80% of all humans on this planet CAN NOT process milk proteins, yet they call it "Lactose intolerance" as if being able to process it was the norm.

There is not a single animal on this planet which would ever drink the milk of another species.

Milk is poison, pumped full with growth hormones and antibiotics. That alone should keep you from drinking it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Well, that wouldn't make sense in light of the fact that the FDA tried to stomp out supplemental tryptophan in the nineties and everyone cried 'conspiracy' then, too.

I remember that the chief complaint of the complainers was that trptophan had psychoactive properties and that it was being kept from us because of the possible benefits.

Also, milk really has no more tryptophan in it than anything else, yes, it is higher in milk than some foods, but it's not like milk is a dangerous source of the stuff.

The real conspiracy is that it is almost impossible to get real, wholesome milk. When immigrants in my home state try to sell each other fresh, raw milk, they are prosecuted with extreme vengeance.

And? Where's the decent chocolate milk? There's another conspiracy. I have one store in 10 miles that has real chocolate milk.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I drink a gallon of milk in 2 days. I love milk and I'm super healthy.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
See, 75%-80% of all humans on this planet CAN NOT process milk proteins, yet they call it "Lactose intolerance" as if being able to process it was the norm.

There is not a single animal on this planet which would ever drink the milk of another species.

Milk is poison, pumped full with growth hormones and antibiotics. That alone should keep you from drinking it.

I love milk, YUM

put a little coco in it and its double YUM YUM!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
Have you noticed that after drinking cow milk you get relaxed and sleepy? It's because milk naturally contain the chemical Tryptophan - a chemical that has seen use as an anti-depressive medicine. In my country the government says you should drink 1 liter (0.26 US gallons) each day for supposed "health benefits", but is it possible that they use milk as a tool for population control - to keep us passive and docile? Drugging us down without us knowing it?

If you're truly interested in amino acids (e.g. - tryptophan) and the physiology of the blood brain barrier you should read the following journal article:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

If you want a slightly friendlier version of the same info you could read the following article from Scientific American by Dr. Boar Zivkovic:

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

In his article he's referring to turkey rather than milk, but the same science applies.

I had a patient several weeks ago that expressed these same concerns and I gave her both of these articles to read as well. Good for you for taking time to better understand your own health and the impact of what we put into our bodies. I don't believe there's any conspiracy at hand here, but educating ourselves is always worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Its funny how almost everything we eat has something added to it. Look on the packaging and theres stuff on there that we don't even know why its there and what it does. But the annoying part is that we don't get a choice in the matter. They just dump it in and put it on the shelf and thats that. We are supposed to accept it

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Its funny how almost everything we eat has something added to it. Look on the packaging and theres stuff on there that we don't even know why its there and what it does. But the annoying part is that we don't get a choice in the matter. They just dump it in and put it on the shelf and thats that. We are supposed to accept it

We absolutely get a choice. My wife and I buy real food from local suppliers (dairies, farms, ranches, etc) and we grow some of our own veggies and fruits and we frequent our local farmer's markets weekly. We're not organic eggheads or into any agenda, we simply like eating local and fresh. Do I enjoy a meal of totally processed junk food and fast food on occasion? You bet your ass. About 90% of the time though we eat real food though (i.e. - non-processed and never with ingredients that my grandmother or 4 year old daughter wouldn't be able to pronounce).

The medical school I attend has a teaching kitchen where we show people how to eat local, eat fresh, cook their own meals and get rid of preservatives and fast food. AND we show them how to do it cheaper than what they're spending on unhealthy food currently. Just takes a little common sense, planing and education (like most things).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I drink only Organic Fat-Free Skim Milk from grass-fed happy, healthy cows. I don't have any of those problems. Milk is one of the ways our species has extended our longevity.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AvisNigra

Maybe you do but a lot of people don't. Fresh food is so expensive in the uk. So most people plug for cheaper alternatives. Money rules the world and peoples eating habits. And most people run round the supermarkets not even checking whats on there labels...ps sounds tasty where you live

edit on 21-2-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Tell that to my cats, they go crazy when I take out the milk!!

I have a tall glass of milk before bed every day and am not sick in any way!

link   
double post sorry!

edit on 21-2-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

link   

That is quite a funny statement. It is made with a large dose of hyperbole, some cynicism and a whole lot of "take that" but it makes no sense. Animals MIGHT drink the milk of another if they could store it - they can't. Animals DO drink the milk of another if they need, one can see animals who have lost a mother suckling another mother of a different species. You could say animals almost never drink mom's milk after reaching the weening stage, but then again humans don't really either. You can say the Cow is a domesticated, even engineered animal, that was created to provide food and milk, not just food, and 150 years ago the animal's products were pure and just fine for most.

When speaking of milk, folks need to refer to Raw, unadulterated milk, versus processed milk. The two are entirely different products, with one having some benefit to some people, the other have little benefit to most people as the lactose protein issue is most often the case with processed. And while it is wonderful to make blanket statements that condemn anyone and anything, one should always understand that in many cases one mans miracle is another poison.

As for the tryptophan issue. The 5-htp is actually needed for mood balance, hormone stabilization and whole bunch of other things, so having it in some milk products is not the same as having fluoride in the water, soda, packaged soup, pasta, juice, all prepackaged foods made with water, rinsed vegies, and of course baths and showers. Nearly all fake sugar products dumb down, as do a great many food products themselves - bread may, corn probably does, hydrogenated oils probable do, and just about all fast food does.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by AvisNigra

Maybe you do but a lot of people don't.

We hear that each week in our teaching kitchen (run by local chefs, dietitians and physicians). People say they don't have options and that it's too expensive. When we show them that they can literally eat better, healthier and for less than what they spend at McDonald's they usually don't believe us initially. Every single one of us has the same opportunity; it may take more education, more planning or initially more "sweat equity" for some, but we truly do have the same opportunity to eat well.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
One thing I've noticed over the years is that when little kids get deep, dark circles under their eyes, their demeanor gets really UNUSUALLY cranky and oversensitive and whiny (noticeably so) and they start having loads of sinus, breathing, and/or asthma problems, that if I can get the moms to stop giving the kid cow milk all the time and switch over to soy or rice milk, the kid undergoes a complete, 100% reversal of all those symptoms.

I've witnessed this since about 1990 when I first started paying attention to it.

Also, I used to get very bad bronchitis about twice a year, and when I stopped drinking milk then I never got bronchitis again. Been some 23 years now.

I don't recommend that people drink soy, though, generally, because of all the problems with it (hormonal imbalances from the excess estrogen being the worst aspect) but in one of those severe cases where mom is a "skeptic" and doesn't know what rice milk is, sometimes a switch to soy is all she'll be willing to try with her kid. And even that switch reduces all the symptoms these kids have with the chronic black undereye circles, being bizarrely whiny, being excessively tired all the time from not sleeping well, and sinus/breathing issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's not the milk. It's the source of the milk.

Store bought homogenized, pasturized, hormone fed and antibiotic shot-up milk is garbage food.

On the other hand, raw milk staright from the farm... now THAT'S milk!!

It still has all the enzymes in it so it is easily digested. I started drinking it about 6 years ago and never looked back. I drive 25 miles to the farm, buy 4-6 gallons, put one in the fridge and freeze the rest.

Noms.
edit on 21-2-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh, I dunno. I find most any mammal will go for milk if it can get some. We've got fingers and cows. It's all that's stopping the cats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join