It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Meditation Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hello,

Ive been a member for a while now, yet mostly lurk these forums for their interesting topics.
I have a special interest in spirituality and other paranormal studies for the same reason most of you are; the mysterious. now before i start the story i shall elaborate on my current mindset.

I have practiced meditation for a few months about a year ago. Now only when in distress and when im extremely tense i will resort to mediation. lets say i meditate once or twice every month. This makes me a rookie when compared to other practitioners. Hell i wont even call myself something, for i am not doing it consistently. This has a reason: i usually dont experience anything.

i have grown up with science.I have a college degree in this as well. I was taught how to be concise, straight forward and take nothing for granted unless evidence is shown etc. etc. a.k.a. skeptical. I have, however, never closed my mind to spirituality nor the UFO phenomenon, because we're still in a phase of uncertainty, therefore i cannot conclude anything, nor will i ever do so unless proven wrong.(i do not take testimonies for granted, Professor Neil Degrasse Tyson has a proper explanation for that)

Now onto my story:

i took a shower today to ease my mind.

i sat down in the shower, in meditative stance, i would lower my head so i was a little bend over, whilst letting the water touch my neck and back. i would focus on my breathing and become calm. after 5 minutes of continuous focusing on my breath i would raise my head, which was now engulfed in the stream of the shower(we have a raindrop shower, so the streams are very soft).

After 10-20 seconds i started seeing waves. Waves of black liquid flowing into each other. Sometimes a part of a face would appear,sometimes just the mouth and nose part, somtimes 1 side of a face and rarely a whole face. this continued for 5 minutes. I could make out some faces(i believe) and therefore claimed that these were faces i'd have seen over my life. Including movie faces. I would occassionally see a jungle-type area. The area was pretty dense and i would only see a couple of trees. my guess would be a rain-forest.

after those faces, they disappeared. Only black liquid again. Then in the middle of my vision i could see a single eye. The eye was open. I recall it being black but it was probably brown, because thats more logical. It blinked.
When it did i could make up half of his face. (Notice i claim it to be a him immediatly after seeing his face. Following instinct and face recognition here). It was a weird, feral like face. I would say not of this generation, but either a different one or somewhere else i dont know. I kept asking myself: who is this? why can i only see him so profoundly? after 5-10 seconds(as it felt) from the inside all of a sudden i realized it was me. it was the same feeling as if you remembered a question. It kept blinking. Showing no sign of recognizing me looking at him. He looked calm. I felt all sorts of emotions rising, both happiness, adrenaline,fear and sadness.
i connected to this face and recognized it being me, even though i have never seen such a face, nor does it look anything like me at all.

He closed his eye and the black liquid started filling up again. I became aware of me being in the shower again and decided to open my eyes. As i would think back of these images i became emotional. Tears filling up my eyes making me feel distanced from him.

I dont know this man/thing. I drew him to my best ability, maybe someone can enlighten me on who this man is/was. I could only make out this part of his face. all around him was the black liquid. he had a feral look, because of the wrinkles on his nose. It looked like as if he was frowning, but i soon recognized that was his normal facial expression. his tan was more or less hispanic/brazillian like. this made me believe he was the inhabitant of this jungle. the outline of his face isnt absolute either, because i could not make that up properly. i could, however make up that his nose-line(this a word?) was longer than a normal human.

Personal opinion:

1. random face i've ever seen somewhere, but cant consciously remember
2. subconsciously i want to be this man, therefore claimed it was me.
3. im nuts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Muatti

I can't really say much about it, because whenever I meditated I didn't see anything except sometimes I could see all around my room with my eyes closed.. I was not a regular meditationer either. I also can't talk about it because you can not put your emotional feeling into words. If I could feel it I could know if it was me or not..

You know there is this quote from B.o.B that is something I have said many times in my past. "I am the universe and you are crazy." It's kind of like when Rafiki (Lion king) says: "He lives in you."

Depending on how deep you went in anyone is you. Maybe it's a brother, or maybe it's you from before, but really it always IS all the time..

I would read your signature..

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.

-Albert Einstein-

Seems all too fitting..

The Face could also be a psychological representation of All of you, as your subconscious mind sees it (truth), or as you consciously see yourself (truth).. I recognize me in many things.

edit on 2/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
4. You need to seek Your Creator for the Truth through prayer.

Eve SAW that the fruit was pleasing...
The Jews seek signs.....
Jesus did not judge based on what He saw.
The sons of God saw that the daughters of men....
Satan deceives with lying signs and wonders..
We can all believe a lie is truth if we perceive experiences through our senses which seem to prove it as truth..

The question is, do you want to believe the lie or the truth? Can you fathom why your Creator commands His children to not participate in these types of activities? .The occult will say its because he's a masochist, but His children would tell you it's to protect them. Something about meditation attracted you, and usually that something appeals to internal iniquity - the promise of 'hidden knowledge', the promise that you can be like god, the promise of psychic powers....the very same types of things as to why Adam ate. I can only strongly caution you to do some humble thinking as to why it attracts you and perhaps what's held back these experiences for so long in patient waiting that perhaps you'd choose a different path. It's not too late to seek the truth for the truth, it's not too late to seek the only source of truth available in a world of lies and deceptions being passed off as truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Muatti

I remember Unity said in one of her posts that water connects you to the earth and universe somehow, ive had many visions while having a bath.

Keep it up and they will become clearer, hopefully you will see him again.

I understand how emotional you can feel with some visions, i did a past life meditation that i found on youtube ages ago, so i did what the man was saying and before long i had this crystal clear image of a woman with long red hair, her back was to me and she was looking out across fields, i think they call them mores, anyway i instantly had this heavy sadness of being alone, i had tears streaming down my face, i don't know if i was seeing myself in a past life or if it was someone else, but boy oh boy was she sad.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by Muatti

I remember Unity said in one of her posts that water connects you to the earth and universe somehow, ive had many visions while having a bath.

Keep it up and they will become clearer, hopefully you will see him again.

I understand how emotional you can feel with some visions, i did a past life meditation that i found on youtube ages ago, so i did what the man was saying and before long i had this crystal clear image of a woman with long red hair, her back was to me and she was looking out across fields, i think they call them mores, anyway i instantly had this heavy sadness of being alone, i had tears streaming down my face, i don't know if i was seeing myself in a past life or if it was someone else, but boy oh boy was she sad.

Love and harmony
Whateva

its been about 2 days since i looked at this thread. meanwhile i went on meditating. i kid you not that i just read your post and got goosebumps all over my body

the day after this post i had no experience after meditating, but yesterday i did see a vain image of a white-skinned woman with long red hair. i had no emotions going on as i was unsure as to what this was.

i recall her standing in front of a tree next to a clearing in a forest. she was standing on the edge of the treelines with an open field to the left of her. i would see both the forest and open field and she was standing in the middle of both, staring at me. i could not make out a face, but i can say i could clearly see red long hair until her waist and white skin.

i'm trying to see this as rational as i can, but i've never had this happen to me. this has become extremely weird.
can you provide me with any links regarding these ''Mores?'' i would like to learn more about them.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Muatti because: grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Muatti

Oh i said mores instead of Moors, ts beautiful Ireland's green low rolling hills.

love and harmony
Whateva

new topics

top topics

join