It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE (Linda McMahon is a Rep) creates Racist Character

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Vaedur

"Illegal immigrants" is such a poor choice of words. We all know they are in fact "undocumented Democrat voters", so lets hurry up and give them amnesty already.

please note the evangelical christian supported republicans have tried to sneak amnesty in too

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," Ronald Reagan said in 1984.

www.npr.org...

edit on 21-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Swagger was just arrested on DUI and drug Charges. Possession and driving while stoned.
www.tmz.com...

I stopped watching "wrestling" many years ago as the puppeteers behind the curtain kept pushing the limits further and further. (Beating up Women on TV etc etc) Now "Wrestling" has to compete with MMA fights for an audience and the creation of this character is just absurd and illustrates just how desperate they are to stay afloat. Pathetic.

Bring Back Gordon Solie and Georgia Championship Wrestling !! They never needed any of this type of BS.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

And Regan was stabbed in the back. He only agreed because congress promised a secure border. Then they refused to provide funds for border security.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

pro wresteling (what the mcmans made their money on) has been full of racist characters for as long as i could rember,stone cold and his rants come to mind,yakuzuna the sumo guy,the sheik,ta tanka etc suprised it took them this long to latch on to modern issues

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Hey, I liked the Iron Sheik. Last I heard he was living in Georgia. I lived in Charlotte a number of years ago and crossed paths with Arn Anderson and Ric Flair a couple of times. Nothing was racist or offensive back then. The P.C. police squad had not been formed yet. We were all trying to do the Camel Clutch on each other.

Nikolai Volkoff and the Sheik teamed up for tag team events. They were the perfect characters especially Volkoff at the height of the Cold War and the Shiek in a post Hostage Crisis world. Volkoff is actually Croatian.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtFrenzy

Woaah woaah woah.

I was just going to comment on how silly wrestling is, but then I saw your comment.
You think the media framed OWS as the good guys? They didn't. The liberal station backed them, but conservative stations attacked them non stop. They didn't need to be framed as the good or bad guys. They were just people that gave a damn and were out to do good (at least 99 percent of them there is always that 1 percent trying to infiltrate, and then there are moochers and idiots same as any other outside gathering since the wild west.

OWS had it's fair share of idiots, but most people were there for the right reasons and I dare say they couldn't have been half as ignorant as those following Palin and Glen Beck when it was the popular thing. The other real difference is one group should have been old enough to know better and wasn't.
edit on 21-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Guess what people what does wrestling and politics both have in common?

They are both make believe. [/quote

So true, the finest answer I have seen yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join